Anderson Cooper | Discrimination | News | Religion

Anderson Cooper Chats With Anti-Gay Worley Adherent: VIDEO

CooperWorley

Anderson Cooper last night chatted with a woman who attends the congregation of Charles Worley, the shockingly anti-gay reverend who thinks the government should create concentration camps for LGBT people.

The woman, Stacey Pritchard, is all about Worley's plan, but she can't quite explain why other alleged sinners don't deserve to be detained, nor does she seem to have a complete understanding of where gay babies come from... Biology is hard, and Anderson is confused

Watch the exchange, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. I feel sorry for her. She is so uneducated and sheltered that she can not form a single thought of her own. May God have mercy on her soul.

Posted by: Davin | May 24, 2012 8:29:11 PM

2. This is an indictment of the American education system and/or homeschooling.

Wow she is a proud proud person who shows no love or remorse.

I think she purposefully omits Jesus's words. She is a perfect representation of a citizen of sodom and gamorah. Perfect example of a pharisee.

The first shall be the last, the last shall be the first.

Posted by: Phil | May 24, 2012 8:30:21 PM

3. This kind of bigoted trash shouldn't be allowed to hijack the good name of "Christian". They are the furthest thing from a follower of Jesus Christ. Let's call them what they are....hate-filled, ignorant Protestant evangelical hillbillys.

Posted by: Sean | May 24, 2012 8:32:37 PM

4. Now I heard, and this is just a rumor, but this church in North Carolina was going to pay to round up all the gays and put us behind a fence all on Fire Island to live out the rest our gay days undisturbed on an island by ourselves to get up to whatever we want to by ourselves behind this fence on this island. Now, I can't confirm this but I heard it's just a rumor.

Posted by: Bart Crane | May 24, 2012 8:36:39 PM

5. She reminds of Sarah Palin for some reason.

Posted by: Andrew | May 24, 2012 8:40:12 PM

6. I'd hit that. Stacey not Anderson.

Posted by: Faggotron | May 24, 2012 8:40:19 PM

7. Fat, stupid and white-trash is no way to go through life honey.

Posted by: christopher | May 24, 2012 8:41:11 PM

8. Too bad she can "rayprodeuce." She'll probably pump out 6 0r 7 little morons just like herself and she'll homeschool them and make sure they hear Rev. Worley twice a week and before you know it they will be teenage mothers and fathers and this cycle will just continue itself. Pathetic and sad.

Posted by: bwana | May 24, 2012 8:43:09 PM

9. Oh, I'm sorry, Stacey. I guess I'll stop "harping, harping, harping" and just walk on into that electrified fence and starve to death, just because you and your pastor think I'm a sinner. I'm just happy to see that logic and empathy are alive and well in yor church.

Posted by: GraphicJack | May 24, 2012 8:45:42 PM

10. The main point is always the same. I just can't actually put words together in a logical way. If I had a dollar for every time she rolled her eyes...I'd be richer than anyone who bought FB stock. Did someone FORCE her to be interviewed?!? What an attitude!

Posted by: FogBuffy | May 24, 2012 8:46:52 PM

11. gluttony is a deadly sin. maybe she should watch her dinner portions lest someone throws her ass in an electrified fence.

Posted by: Jed | May 24, 2012 8:54:23 PM

12. Girlfriend has a real attitude. What did she think Anderson was going to ask her? Whether she eats pigs feet or not?

Posted by: Harry | May 24, 2012 8:55:10 PM

13. We live in a fkd up world.

Posted by: Reppin2 | May 24, 2012 8:55:46 PM

14. Idocracy is real.

Posted by: Polyboy | May 24, 2012 8:56:27 PM

15. GAH!

Idiocracy is real.

*god so bloody ironic*

Posted by: Polyboy | May 24, 2012 8:56:57 PM

16. You gotta love her looks of indignance when Anderson just doesn't "get it". How do you change a mind when there isn't one?

Posted by: Socal | May 24, 2012 8:57:27 PM

17. I find it hilarious. She's so dumb that it really does't matter what she says. Just makes me laugh. I have a fruit fly in my house who makes more sense than she does.

Love Cooper.

Posted by: Paul R | May 24, 2012 8:59:28 PM

18. "and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony"
    Proverbs 23:2

Posted by: FunMe | May 24, 2012 8:59:42 PM

19. I don't even know how Anderson was able to make it through the interview without laughing at how ignorant she is. Not all Christians in North Carolina are like this. I have 2 aunts that live there who support me and my husband and love us for who we are. They were outraged when they saw this. They live less than an hour away.

Posted by: Kenneth Livingston | May 24, 2012 9:00:04 PM

20. WWJD? Electric fences of course.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 24, 2012 9:07:50 PM

21. Literally CANNOT watch this. Completely turned my stomach. So ashamed to be from NC.

Posted by: Munro | May 24, 2012 9:15:09 PM

22. Ah, at last I understand. Gays are worse than straights because if you separate gay men from gay women by electrified fences, the gays will eventually die out, while if you separate straight men from straight women by electrified fences... oh, wait....

Posted by: Vint | May 24, 2012 9:16:53 PM

23. The problem is not what they think. The problem is that they pass on their genes. License to have kids, what a wonderful idea in a Utopian ideal world.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | May 24, 2012 9:21:17 PM

24. So sad. I thought Anderson was pretty respectful, considering. Obviously not a critical thinker. How could there be enough people like that to stop marriage equality, much less start a gay holocaust?

Posted by: bgtinc | May 24, 2012 9:25:57 PM

25. Just wow !
    Can she even do joined-up writing ?

If she is the spokesperson of the pastor or even a supporter of his learned sermons then should they not be putting their tax free dollars to basic schooling ?
    This woman is an embarrassment ......she now has had her four minutes of fame and used it to publish to the world her stupidity......
    She doesn't seem to have figured out that straight people make gay babies.
    Isn't that in the Christian homo-hating curriculum 101 ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 24, 2012 9:26:58 PM