Discrimination | News | North Carolina | Religion

Anti-Gay Pastor Worley Won't Talk To Media, But His Supporters Will: VIDEO

WorleyProtester

CNN tried to do a follow-up interview with Charles Worley, the North Carolina pastor who suggested letting LGBT people die in internment camps, but apparently Worley's not interested in pleading his case - he just walked on by the cameras.

Meanwhile, as Worley hides out at his church, supporters and opponents alike have taken to the streets to voice their own opinions.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP to hear from both sides. And be sure to listen for the response from a man asked why he claims AIDS is Biblical retribution. Hint: it isn't, and he knows it.

(h/t JMG)

Comments

1. For anyone who has not read it, get a copy of Mel White's newest book: HOLY TERROR. It has a lot to tell us about what we are facing with fundamentalist thinking.

Posted by: PJW | May 31, 2012 9:11:01 AM

2. Wow! This is mental illness! I don't even think it is bigotry or hatred anymore. These people are sick.

Posted by: AJ | May 31, 2012 9:29:19 AM

3. Peaceful protest is completely inadequate.

This evil man and his crazed supporters are advocating genocide in a state where LGBT are already massively discriminated against.

A stronger response to this genocidal mania is required.

Posted by: SteveC | May 31, 2012 9:31:04 AM

4. Reminiscent of the backlash from the gay heydays of Queer Eye 6 or 7 years ago.

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | May 31, 2012 9:48:44 AM

5. Well, it looks like Fred Phelps' legacy will continue long after he goes home to Jesus.

Posted by: jomicur | May 31, 2012 9:49:28 AM

6. Romans 1:25
    Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Posted by: Billy | May 31, 2012 10:03:09 AM

7. The guy with the gun thinks he's G.I.Joe

Doesn't appear to be a high Intelligence Quotient area. Perhaps they should test the drinking water.

Posted by: Oliver | May 31, 2012 10:20:20 AM

8. Let's these people expose themselves and that hate that underlies their alleged "religion".

Posted by: mike128 | May 31, 2012 10:21:15 AM

9. Actually the Bible says that it is not a sin to kill gay people. It says 'their blood is on their own head' which in religious language means that what would normally count as a murder (killing someone without just cause) is not punishable by death in this case. The just cause for killing them is homosexuality. Israel was a theocracy so there is no separation between religion and state or anything.

If I couldn't be prosecuted I'd challenge this idiot to a knife fight. I'm pretty sure I could take him. On an unrelated note, my gaydar is going off. Something tells me he's suppressing those evil urges with marriage and kids.

Posted by: screech | May 31, 2012 11:01:24 AM

10. obviously, he's also a bully and a complete coward.

Posted by: pdxblueyes | May 31, 2012 11:02:45 AM

11. Ew, no. I meant my gaydar went off on the OTHER pastor, not this guy. No, THIS guy is just really dumb.

Posted by: screech | May 31, 2012 11:05:02 AM

12. God. I am so tired of this. So very, very tired. I read/watch this video. I read/watch the CNN interview with the Kansas bigot. The bigots will probably have enough signatures to put our rights to a vote--again. It's depressing. All this hatred against us. I am just so tired of it all.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 31, 2012 12:20:15 PM

13. That "preacher" with the black mustache needs to be parodied. Someone needs to dress like him and start yelling CRAZY, LUNATIC, and DUMB gibberish to show how stupid they look. With a poster saying: "Here's HATE monger preaching BS"

Posted by: FunMe | May 31, 2012 6:01:06 PM

14. just another snake oil salesman for the church of Satin ..

Posted by: MarkBoston | May 31, 2012 10:13:30 PM

15. I know I'm not supposed to judge a man until I've walked a mile in his shoes, but I think that I, as a gay man, don't want to walk a mile in Pastor Worley's shoes. I don't want to know what it's like to be him. So I simply won't judge. That being said, he seems to be suffering from a canker of the spirit. I can see no other reason he would let such words pass his lips. I only hope he gets better with time.

Posted by: ophu | Jun 1, 2012 5:09:37 AM