Facebook | Mark Zuckerberg | News

BigGayDeal.com

Mark Zuckerberg Rings NASDAQ Bell as Facebook Goes Public: VIDEO

Facebook

Here's Mark Zuckerberg in Menlo Park, California just a few minutes ago ringing in immense wealth as Facebook becomes a publicly listed company on the NASDAQ exchange.

FB begins trading at 11 am ET.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. People are getting bored with Facebook and looking for the next big thing.. I think this would be a bad long-term investment.

Posted by: Lucas | May 18, 2012 12:06:10 PM

2. Hells yeah! Capitalism FTW! America, f**k yeah!

Posted by: Alan | May 18, 2012 12:06:56 PM

3. The problem with IPO's is that they screw over the eventual stockholders. Most of the value is squeezed out of the company stock just before the IPO. As a stockholder you're betting that the insiders made a bad trade and undervalued the company.

Posted by: anon | May 18, 2012 1:01:39 PM

4. Does anyone else think that Mark Zukerberg looks like the statues of Augustus Ceasar? Of course Augustus wasn't as rich as Mark.

Posted by: andrew | May 18, 2012 8:15:05 PM

5. i am still trying to understand why Facebook is so profitable. I understand adversting and all of that, but it isn't as though they employ a ton of people and it isn't as though advertisers have no other outlets. yes, of course I am on facebook, but realistically I don't need to be.

Posted by: tommyboy10T | May 18, 2012 11:51:27 PM

6. Am I the only one who finds him icky? No? Okay. The guy is a billionaire and I'm sure he finds it hard to find genuine friends. He is just short and really unattractive. It's like he has this off-putting aura DESPITE his worth.

Posted by: Solomon | May 19, 2012 1:24:33 AM

7. I think he is kinda sexy.

Posted by: andrew | May 19, 2012 6:29:32 AM

8. I dated a billionaire Internet guy for a while, and he was awful. So yeah, money doesn't compensate for personality defects.

Also, it was one of the worst IPOs ever. The stock was priced terribly. It's clear that Facebook is not exactly trending these days, and they should have done the IPO a year or two ago. But he's a pompous guy and held out too long.

Posted by: Paul R | May 19, 2012 7:14:37 AM