Andy Cohen | News | Stephen Colbert

Stephen Colbert Interviews Bravo's Andy Cohen: VIDEO

A_cohen

Andy Cohen sat down at The Colbert Report last night and was grilled about his new memoir Most Talkative, how he ended up deciding to give himself his own show at Bravo, and the preponderance of photos of himself with his mouth open.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I can't believe that I made it to 3:55. I had to stop. The bouncing was making me a little sick to my stomach. Andy Cohen. Ugh.

Posted by: C.J. | May 8, 2012 2:46:52 PM

2. ...I don't want to cause any speculation...but someone is awfully jumpy. Energetic, some may say. High as balls on some upper.

Posted by: Ian | May 8, 2012 2:59:26 PM

3. Quit talking!

Posted by: VDUFFORD | May 8, 2012 3:02:57 PM

4. Lurve Andy...sigh :-)

Posted by: Tagg | May 8, 2012 3:10:46 PM

5. It wouldn't be Tuesday if there weren't another of the never-ending posts re the always annoying Andy Cohen on this site. Every time he burps, Towleroad is certain to catch the action. Time to move over to joemygod for some news of actual significance to our community.

Posted by: Patric | May 8, 2012 3:20:20 PM

6. Gotta love Andy... he's pretty funny!

Posted by: Mike | May 8, 2012 3:33:26 PM

7. That seemed rather flirty to me. But then, so many Colbert interviews do.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | May 8, 2012 3:44:27 PM

8. Leave it to Colbert to show the world what a tool Cohen is.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | May 8, 2012 3:45:57 PM

9. He is such an Airhead!

Posted by: Andy | May 8, 2012 3:57:07 PM

10. I wish Andy Cohen well, but I'll never forgive him for helping foist Real Housewives on the world! The worst!

Posted by: keating | May 8, 2012 4:35:56 PM

11. The first sentence spoken by Colbert is such a dig --playing to Andy's vanity.
    Hilarious.
    But I gotta say, Andy Cohen is one cute guy.
    I'd rip him a new one any day of the week. In fact, I'd rip him a new one several times each day of the week. He's sexy, guys. C'mon!

Posted by: dancobbb | May 8, 2012 4:47:02 PM

12. ohmyword! colbert is brilliant! cohen is such a transparent user and he just got used. love it!

Posted by: yikes | May 8, 2012 4:57:22 PM

13. Barf. Andy Cohen makes ME want to go gay bashing.

Posted by: wiredream | May 8, 2012 4:58:29 PM

14. Andy Who? I refuse to watch any of the so-called "reality" shows so I've never seen him before. I preferred the well-rehearsed Will & Graceon but the segment was short enough to be OK. Back to my cave...

Posted by: Hue-Man | May 8, 2012 5:10:31 PM

15. Well, when I worked for NBC, we had just purchased Bravo and the fat psycho/sociopath I worked for (she literally threw people down flights of stairs and up against walls) tried her hardest to be where Andy is now; reports were that they all laughed so hard at her. And I will be forever grateful for Bravo's reaction and Andy getting that position over her.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 8, 2012 5:22:39 PM

16. Whats with all the Andy bashing???

I like the guy.....'nuff said.

Posted by: Casper | May 8, 2012 5:49:45 PM

17. Let me guess he was drunk and annoying.

Posted by: james | May 8, 2012 6:08:07 PM

18. I didn't think it was possible for Andy Cohen to be more unappealing, but I was wrong.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | May 8, 2012 6:36:32 PM

19. ONE WORD:

YUCK!

Stop promoting this d.bag, Mr. Towle. IT's getting a bit too obvious.

Posted by: ron | May 8, 2012 7:48:52 PM

20. OK, I don't know anything about him. I take it he's gay. He really brings the gay out of Stephen, and Stevie (that's his bar name) is helping him sell his book, in return for what.....I wonder

Posted by: the man in the gray flannel suit | May 8, 2012 8:51:40 PM

21. I really don't care for Andy Cohen. It's a bit narcissistic to be in charge of programming, and then give yourself your own show. Yeah, he's attractive, but a lot of people are. I don't watch the silly shows about Housewives, and I certainly don't watch his self serving show. It's all just a little too "aren't I fabulous?"

Posted by: Randy | May 8, 2012 8:56:07 PM

22. I have such a crush on Andy Cohen. I met him at an event, and he actually was nice as can be just chatting with a couple of us normals. Even my partner who can't stand him on tv left thinking that Andy seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Note that I'm not trying to convince any of you to give up your Andy hate. To each his own. I just think he's adorable.

Posted by: Reason | May 8, 2012 9:21:57 PM

23. I love Andy, He's intelligent charming and very handsome.
    I envy his drive and ambition to make it in this world.
    He's accomplished so much already, and he's like only 43!
    Don't be jealous bitches!

Posted by: Joe | May 8, 2012 11:50:12 PM

24. Ick.

Posted by: PDX Guy | May 9, 2012 1:49:17 AM

25. In a previous appearance on the Colbert Report, Andy played Stephen's "Gay Best Friend" (ala Sex & The City, with Colbert doing a SJP type voice over) advising him on whether Mitt Romney was "Mr Right" as a Republican candidate.

It was a great bit and they have great chemistry together. Colbert should make that one of recurring segments.

His appearances on the Colbert Report are my only exposure to him, and while he seems like he'd be exhausting in person, as a TV personality he's fine.

And FWIW, I love that Colbert portrays his TV "character" as the typical GOP/Fox News homophobe but with unaddressed gay leanings, as in the skit with Eric McCormack.

Posted by: Caliban | May 9, 2012 1:05:58 PM