Howard Stern | News | The View

BigGayDeal.com

Howard Stern Praises Obama's Gay Marriage Endorsement in First Appearance on 'The View': VIDEO

Stern

Howard Stern came out of the gate in his first appearance on The View yesterday praising Obama's endorsement of gay marriage:

"I think it's about time the resident said what he said about gay marriage. I think he didn't even go far enough. They should have a national sort of referendum on this thing. He should marry a man. This is something long overdue. Why in this country we care about an issue like this. Two people being happy together. We want love in the air. I support the President saying this. We do need gay marriage in this country. Everybody should have the right to marry. We all have a right to our happiness. I feel gay people can't wait any longer. They want the same rights!"

Stern also talks about his upcoming gig as a judge on America's Got Talent.

Watch his full appearance, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How the hell did he get Barbara to sit on his lap?! The guy's a sorcerer or something.

Posted by: Yeek | May 11, 2012 8:04:45 AM

2. ...although the national referendum thing is not a good idea....

Posted by: Yeek | May 11, 2012 8:06:28 AM

3. I adore Howard. Baba booey, baba booey!

Posted by: EO | May 11, 2012 8:08:42 AM

4. I wish Howard got more respect for his pro gay voice.

Posted by: Mark | May 11, 2012 8:26:56 AM

5. I wish he'd taken a moment to cut Elizabeth down to size... she had a mic for too long with her anti-equality baloney.

I don't care that she may have changed her tune... she needs to make A LOT of amends, in my book.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | May 11, 2012 8:47:15 AM

6. Howard Stern does not get enough credit for his strong support for our rights. His audience demographic doesn't often hear a pro-gay message from the type of celebrities that they respect, admire, and can relate to. In my opinion, this makes Howard one of our most important and influential celebrity allies.

Posted by: Dan | May 11, 2012 9:40:16 AM

7. Do we not want people to change? Then welcome it when they do, and make it easier for others to follow suit.

Posted by: Jack | May 11, 2012 9:59:46 AM

8. I love you Howard stern!
    =)

Posted by: George F | May 11, 2012 10:38:50 AM

9. Kudos Howard Stern

Howard doesn't get enough respect for a ton of things

Posted by: say what | May 11, 2012 10:42:19 AM

10. I can't forgive him for his years of blatant homophobia. I don't forgive straights who use the words "fag" and "faggot." If he had used the "N" word for years and suddenly announced he thought racism was bad, would anyone believe him? Why does the gay community suck up to scum like him, just because he changes his tune for economic reasons? His audience has moved him on the issue, not the other way around. If homophobia still sold big, he would still be useing those words. It is only becuase society has changed that he claims to have changed. Why would anyone believe him? How many young gay people commited suicide because of bullying he condoned?
    I wish he would disappear and shut the f*ck up. We don't need insincere allies like him.

Posted by: NullNaught | May 11, 2012 2:04:02 PM

11. @NULLNAUGHT, to say his audience has moved him on the issue is untrue. He still has a core group of fans that are misogynists and homophobes. So he deserves credit for being vocal about his support.

Posted by: Sean | May 11, 2012 3:53:48 PM

12. @Sean
    I thought he himself has said society changed and so he did. That is a stark statement that his audience draged him along, not the other way around. If his audience is young, then the misogynist/homophobic fans are outnumbered. the is looking at his net, I believe. Also, he is not saying he had an epiphany that he was being horrible. Saying society has changed and with it him, is just to say he follows his profits.

Posted by: NullNaught | May 11, 2012 4:03:31 PM

13. Hugs to Howard. Hadn't really been a follower, but in the last few years of hearing this guy, he's mega cool. I hear he has been very pro gay / pro equality for a long time. Yeah Howard!

Posted by: FunMe | May 12, 2012 2:31:41 AM