Anderson Cooper | Kathy Griffin | News

BigGayDeal.com

Anderson Cooper Throws Down on a Plane: VIDEO

Anderson_cooper

Anderson Cooper made an appearance on Kathy Griffin's Bravo talk show last night and talked, among other things, about how he's"lately, become emboldened" to confront people, in particular a man who was seated in front of him on a plane this week, who was trying to surreptitiously take his photo.

So he grabbed the man on the shoulder and said, "Bitch, what the f**k are you doing?"

No word, however, on the reaction of Johnny Weir, who was seated next to him on the plane.

Watch that clip, and one more, AFTER THE JUMP...

If the above video isn't playing, watch it HERE.

Anderson's beauty regimen:

Comments

1. I have to say - Anderson Coooper is part of the crass media culture that has coarsened America and manners, and now he complains when it comes back to bite him in the butt?

Posted by: Ken | Jun 22, 2012 9:01:43 AM

2. Anderson, "I'm tired of these motherf*#king bitches on these motherf*#king planes"! Well, Anderson, come out and they won't be trying to take your picture with every man you are seen with.

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 22, 2012 9:04:45 AM

3. Anderson's days as "the darling" are going to be over fast if he keeps scowling over negative stories. We like him 'cause he's nice. It would also be nice if we all knew out front that he has a boyfriend, but it's his business and none of mine.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 22, 2012 9:10:55 AM

4. I really tried to watch Kathys new show but it's just not that funny.

Posted by: andypharmer | Jun 22, 2012 9:18:42 AM

5. It's very unattractive to see Anderson like this. And ironic, considering how many times he has invaded someone's privacy to try to get ratings. Also I agree with Andypharmer that I want to like Kathy Griffin's new show but just don't enjoy it.

Posted by: Ken | Jun 22, 2012 9:31:48 AM

6. AC is making Maury Povich look statesman-like.

And I just don't get Kathy Griffin. Nice that's she's pro-gay, but sorry, I just the attraction. Maybe she does good stand up in a club.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 22, 2012 9:47:01 AM

7. Imagine what AC is raking in $ with his current gig? He's laughing all the way to the bank. But he can kiss ever being taken seriously again. Guess he tried the serious route, basically failed, now it's all about the $.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 22, 2012 9:49:47 AM

8. It's not Anderson's best moment, but when I was watching the show last night I really enjoyed it overall. I watch Kathy's show with my boyfriend all the time and we always get a huge laugh out of it, but of course I understand that it's not everyone's taste.

Posted by: Firstaid | Jun 22, 2012 10:09:49 AM

9. I'm surprised Anderson Cooper flies commercial.

He makes a ton of money and is sitting on Vanderbilt gazillions.

Posted by: AG | Jun 22, 2012 10:11:44 AM

10. THAT's what gets Anderson upset? Not the destruction of the Republic going on right now in the House of Representatives?

smh

You lost me, bro

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 22, 2012 10:15:03 AM

11. Boy, it must be Bitter Queen Day. Anderson probably wants some privacy just like anybody else. Would you want some jerk taking reverse photos of you sitting on a plane at 6 a.m.?

And Kathy Griffin is still funny and fabulous!

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 22, 2012 10:25:24 AM

12. Closet cases such as Anderson Cooper are pathetic. Grow a pair!

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Jun 22, 2012 10:42:01 AM

13. KG's show isn't at all funny. She seems to be struggling to develop content.

Posted by: anon | Jun 22, 2012 11:15:43 AM

14. Disagree with UFFDA and KEN: I don't like him cause he's nice. Nice would make me turn the channel because NO one is only "nice." And, Lord knows "nice" doesn't keep a show on the air.

Anderson is a lot more fascinating and well-rounded when he really expresses himself. And that's why his talk-show ratings have increased.

Posted by: Stan | Jun 22, 2012 11:17:15 AM

15. I like Kathy Griffin and she is an ally.

But she is also a hypocrite.

She should not be interviewing openly closeted people like Anderson Cooper and not mention the fact that he is a closet case.

She was the same with Lance Bass - when he was closeted she was bleating about leaving his private life private (although she used to out the closeted Clay Aitken on a regular basis).

Posted by: SteveC | Jun 22, 2012 11:20:19 AM

16. Who does taking a picture hurt? Does it affect Anderson in any sort of negative way? Nobody and not at all.

What's next, Jack?

'Keep your eyes on the ground at all times' when around a celebrity?

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 22, 2012 11:39:26 AM

17. AC is so 2010.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 22, 2012 12:07:52 PM

18. Could the REAL issue be that he didn't want to be photographed traveling with Weir—after all, it might lead someone to think he's G.A.Y.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Jun 22, 2012 12:18:57 PM

19. Anderson is a charming man, that made a choice to devote himself to his passion with Journalism. He had to start at the bottom, working war zones for years. To do this he bucked convention, mainly the fact that he was born a VanderBilt heir, and those aristocrats of the Industrial age simply "don't DO that sort of thing". Add to that, the fact that he's Gay, and he really has swam against the tide, for a person in his position. Sure he has had advantages, but then, he can not have had a 'normal' life. Which makes his choices even more amazing. Why every disgruntled Gay man thinks that Anderson owes us a front page outing of himself is short sighted. In his capacity he has addressed more Gay issues, and tirelessly served to put, and successfully keep our issues in the public eye, than any one activist out there. That he wants to maintain what little form of privacy is left to him, should be his right. Those that insist otherwise might want to ask themselves if they have effectively done as much in their lives to further the cause of Gays. I think NOT.

Posted by: Booka | Jun 22, 2012 12:24:38 PM

20. Anderson Cooper and Alec Baldwin don't want to be photographed in public? Solution: Celebrity Burqas

Really, he assaulted the guy on the plane by putting his hands on him.

I have a sense that Cooper is more interesting as a public journalist than as a private individual, and that he's capitalizing on his sexuality by playing peek-a-boo with the public about it. And he loves the attention.

Posted by: Mo Razzi | Jun 22, 2012 12:32:53 PM

21. AC sure has changed over the years. And no wonder is ratings are awful, how does he expect people to take him seriously doing ac360 with nonsense like this and his daytime show??? I use to respect AC but his hypocrisy is too much to ignore. He basically has become a laughing stock who has lost credibility but i dont think he cares anymore as long as he's plastered on t.v. and fame whoring. Sad. What happened to planet in peril AC, Katrina? Now its toodlers and tiaras, sperm bank donors and dance moms and this nonsense with Kathy G.

Posted by: curt | Jun 22, 2012 1:24:52 PM

22. @BOOKA, very well said and my thoughts, exactly. Besides, I really don't consider
    Anderson to be in the closet, as I found out years ago from a straight relative that he was gay. From what I understand, he keeps his private life private because of his on location reporting from war zones and Muslim countries, where being gay and American would surely lead to unnecessary problems and conflicts with locals.

Posted by: MattS | Jun 22, 2012 4:00:21 PM

23. This was a side of AC I haven't seen before, and frankly I found him fun, fresh, tres gay and human. Some of yas seem to have some pretty high expectations of how news celebrities should be acting 24/7.

Posted by: jim | Jun 22, 2012 10:49:37 PM

24. Anderson is one of the good guys!!!

Posted by: andrew | Jun 23, 2012 1:14:34 AM

25. Robot voice for all the vids, "this content is currently unavailable."

"Currently" seems to be the modern expression for "you ain't never gonna get it, sucks to be you."

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Jun 23, 2012 2:38:36 AM