2012 Election | Democratic Party | Utah

Utah Democrat Comes Out of the Closet: VIDEO

Combe

Here's a scenario with which many will be familiar.

Writes Politico's Charles Mahtesian:

"It's awfully hard to be a Democrat in Utah, where Mitt Romney is going to obliterate Barack Obama at the polls in November and there's a decent chance that the state sends an all-Republican delegation to Congress next year. This video from 1st District House candidate Ryan Combe pokes fun at the predicament shared by state Democrats and its wry humor alone might convince some voters to cast ballots for him in Tuesday's Democratic primary."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I wonder how hard it is to be a gay in Kansas, where Fred Phelps, registered Democrat and preacher of Westboro Baptist lives?

I wonder how hard it is to be gay in Iran, where you will be hanged for sodomy?>

I pray to Allah that I will never have to find out.

Posted by: Alan | Jun 22, 2012 7:24:53 AM

2. the ONLY good thing to come from UTAH is/was HBO's BIG LOVE - period! as far as Im concerned as an american, I'll never be going to that Awful Bigoted hate state

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jun 22, 2012 7:54:19 AM

3. I've spent a lot of time camping in Utah--in the canyon country in the Southern part of the state. Mormons aren't too numerous or influential there. And the town of Moab is definitely gay-friendly!

For all of that, Salt Lake has become one of the more gay friendly cities between the coasts.

Things in Utah are not as they once were.

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Jun 22, 2012 8:18:54 AM

4. ALAN - who is that Ecuadorian head hunter I see when I follow your name. It's no blog or website. What is it and why don't we actually see something?

How hard is it to be gay in Iran? How hard is it to die.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 22, 2012 8:26:47 AM

5. this should play everywhere in the country--not just in Utah.

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Jun 22, 2012 8:45:26 AM

6. You'll never see sharp ideas like that on a national level. The Democratic Party & it's congressional liason,DCCC, won't spend a dime on that Combe guy.

Posted by: mikeflower | Jun 22, 2012 12:13:50 PM