American Family Association | Comic Books | Green Lantern | News

'One Million Moms' Deletes Facebook Warning That Green Lantern is Gay After Being Swamped by Pro-Gay Comments

Omm

Cowardly American Family Association subgroup One Million Moms is looking more toothless by the day.

The New Civil Rights Movement reports that a Facebook warning the group issued today about DC Comics Green Lantern coming out of the closet was removed after at least 83 pro-gay comments flooded the page.

Check out the 4-page preview of Green Lantern's coming out issue HERE.

GLAAD tells TMZ: "The idea that a comic book character will make young people gay is as outlandish as saying it will give them a green power ring and the ability to fly. Even more outlandish is the idea that there are 'one million moms' who believe this hate group's anti-gay nonsense. From Christian churches to sports fields, to now even fictional comic book worlds, our culture overwhelmingly supports gay and lesbian Americans and that's what anti-gay groups like this are working against."

Comments

1. Cowards.

Posted by: Sylvatica | Jun 1, 2012 3:22:32 PM

2. Did they also shut down their facebook page? Great! :)

Posted by: topher | Jun 1, 2012 3:26:15 PM

3. Hahahaha these people- like, have you nothing better to do than figure out how to hate on American companies and hate on your fellow Americans?

Posted by: Scott | Jun 1, 2012 3:26:48 PM

4. I can't get to their Facebook page as well. Temporary retreat is my guess, to many DC fans posting. Such cowards.

Posted by: Dale | Jun 1, 2012 3:29:43 PM

5. What do I take away from this? Being gay is a super power!

Posted by: Sully | Jun 1, 2012 3:29:44 PM

6. The entire One Million Moms Facebook page is inaccessible.

Posted by: Michael | Jun 1, 2012 3:30:00 PM

7. OMM’s tweeted they were closing down their Facebook page for one week for “summer bible school” — lying is a sin y'all

Posted by: Mitchell | Jun 1, 2012 3:40:20 PM

8. OMM’s tweeted they were closing down their Facebook page for one week for “summer bible school” — lying is a sin y'all

Posted by: Mitchell | Jun 1, 2012 3:40:26 PM

9. Their twitter account states, "FYI for all our members that are on Facebook: OMM will be offline most of next week for Vacation Bible School!..." ..... well whatever that means.

Posted by: jeffrey | Jun 1, 2012 3:42:48 PM

10. 30K Disturbed Liars -- Jesus must be so proud.

Posted by: kit | Jun 1, 2012 3:46:47 PM

11. I hope that pro-gay individuals don't hound the "Moms" off the internet. This might only create sympathy for them. As I said, letting them burn themselves out is best.

And let's try to have some compassion. These people know they're losing. Until recently I was affiliated with groups like this, and I know how painful it is to face the fact that your own side is going to lose. I was fortunate in being able to accept the historical inevitability of gay rights and come to appreciate the LGBT community's unique contributions to American life. Many of the "Moms" will take years to evolve this much. Some never will. It's really very sad in a way.

Posted by: Mary | Jun 1, 2012 3:47:47 PM

12. So we can shut down our facebook pages while we're on vacation? Cool.

Posted by: Edd | Jun 1, 2012 4:03:30 PM

13. Sorry Mary, but the only folk who will ever sympathize with these hysterical shrews are their own kind, and they're already sympathetic.

An FB WARNING?? That's nothing short of embarrassing...no wonder they're going into hiding for a week.

Posted by: jim | Jun 1, 2012 4:16:56 PM

14. To paraphrase what the Moms are saying here:

WARNING: DC Comics has revealed that the Green Lantern is gay. (in other words: HIDE YOUR SONS! Do you want them to end up as .......INTERIOR DECORATORS????

Posted by: Mary | Jun 1, 2012 4:30:03 PM

15. LOL

The "Moms" are making this a most entertaining year.

Posted by: sparks | Jun 1, 2012 4:53:55 PM

16. @Mary
    I completely agree with you. Now that we have the tide in our favour, compasion for our opponents will only help us; the OMM is our unintentional ally like people can be unintentionally funny. They are both, in fact. Every time they start an unsuccessful campaign and then have to retreat, they drive people into our camp by showing the weakness of a cause that used to be very strong. Nobody backs a loser and it is clear who will win in the end on this one. Yes they are desperate and driving them off the net will not accomplish anything. By letting them issue mean sprited warnings, scream "boycott!", and make obnoxious fools of themselves we win.
    However I can't be compassionate yet. I will gloat for a while over this and then the full truth of your post will sink in and I will feel very sad for these people. But you know the bitter enders are just as important in the grand scheme of things as you or I or anyone else. Is it not so? I must recognize if I can what is admirable in them to keep them human in my mind. They are true to their cause. They have a lost cause, but sempre fi! Good for them. They would be happier if they could give it up, but they can't. It shows a sort of honour.
    How small a person is in spirit who can't show compassion to their opponent when they can see they themselves have won. Who does this become?
    Now everyone else can rip me a new one. Kiwi can join in condemning me and appear popular briefly.

Posted by: NullNaught | Jun 1, 2012 5:41:47 PM

17. Amazing....a million moms can manage boycotting..everything but
    Not a single one can manage their Facebook page during bible studies week? ALL million if them are heading to camp? Funny, I've not heard in the news of a million mom migration...

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Jun 1, 2012 5:47:56 PM

18. Mary,

Though your first paragraph is, as typical, muddled, the later half of your post is filled with inspiration.

You know I abhor your comments in general. But this one, not so much!

Maybe I am growing. Whodda knew?

Posted by: Mic | Jun 1, 2012 5:50:59 PM

19. ...but because I'm not done growing yet...

To the Million moms group: BWAHAHAHAHA...

Posted by: Mic | Jun 1, 2012 5:51:59 PM

20. Summer bible school? Huh? One Million Moms isn't a church! This is a national advocacy (I use the term loosely) group. Are they all gettting together at the same local church hall for this bible study? As mothers they should know it is not a good example to set for their kids that when the going gets tough you run, then make up flimsy excuses for why you ran. Tsk Tsk ladies! A time-out is in order.

Posted by: BOB | Jun 1, 2012 5:52:13 PM

21. Warning OMM is a hate group that is really a part of the America Family Association and they are a anti-gay Christian hate group. Now we know what to do to get rid of OMM, just send a ton of good replies to their hate filled propaganda. Keep up the good work my brothers and sisters, in truth and freedom.

Posted by: Dave | Jun 1, 2012 5:53:18 PM

22. So, why are there only 47,000++ likes on their facebook page and not 1M? They should change their org name to 47,516 Moms. Either are liars or bad in math, they are not made up of 1,000,000 moms for sure.

Posted by: Mather | Jun 1, 2012 6:17:24 PM

23. OMM Facebook page is no longer accessible. I tried to find it myself then Googled and found out that no one can access it. From Reddit

funny quote
    "I still don't see what the big deal is over that JC Penny ad. Jesus had two dads and over a billion people worship him to this day."

Posted by: Brian | Jun 1, 2012 6:32:13 PM

24. OMM Facebook page is no longer accessible. I tried to find it myself then Googled and found out that no one can access it. From Reddit

funny quote

Posted by: Brian | Jun 1, 2012 6:32:19 PM

25. Those witches! After I made one pro-Ellen message, they locked me out of commenting anything against THEM. They like one-sided conversations. They are MORE extreme than One Million Dads.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Jun 1, 2012 6:47:48 PM