‘One Million Moms’ Deletes Facebook Warning That Green Lantern is Gay After Being Swamped by Pro-Gay Comments

Omm

Cowardly American Family Association subgroup One Million Moms is looking more toothless by the day.

The New Civil Rights Movement reports that a Facebook warning the group issued today about DC Comics Green Lantern coming out of the closet was removed after at least 83 pro-gay comments flooded the page.

Check out the 4-page preview of Green Lantern's coming out issue HERE.

GLAAD tells TMZ: "The idea that a comic book character will make young people gay is as outlandish as saying it will give them a green power ring and the ability to fly. Even more outlandish is the idea that there are 'one million moms' who believe this hate group's anti-gay nonsense. From Christian churches to sports fields, to now even fictional comic book worlds, our culture overwhelmingly supports gay and lesbian Americans and that's what anti-gay groups like this are working against."

Comments

1. Scott says

Hahahaha these people- like, have you nothing better to do than figure out how to hate on American companies and hate on your fellow Americans?

2. jeffrey says

Their twitter account states, “FYI for all our members that are on Facebook: OMM will be offline most of next week for Vacation Bible School!…” ….. well whatever that means.

3. Mary says

I hope that pro-gay individuals don’t hound the “Moms” off the internet. This might only create sympathy for them. As I said, letting them burn themselves out is best.

And let’s try to have some compassion. These people know they’re losing. Until recently I was affiliated with groups like this, and I know how painful it is to face the fact that your own side is going to lose. I was fortunate in being able to accept the historical inevitability of gay rights and come to appreciate the LGBT community’s unique contributions to American life. Many of the “Moms” will take years to evolve this much. Some never will. It’s really very sad in a way.

4. jim says

Sorry Mary, but the only folk who will ever sympathize with these hysterical shrews are their own kind, and they’re already sympathetic.

An FB WARNING?? That’s nothing short of embarrassing…no wonder they’re going into hiding for a week.

5. Mary says

To paraphrase what the Moms are saying here:

WARNING: DC Comics has revealed that the Green Lantern is gay. (in other words: HIDE YOUR SONS! Do you want them to end up as …….INTERIOR DECORATORS????

6. NullNaught says

@Mary
    I completely agree with you. Now that we have the tide in our favour, compasion for our opponents will only help us; the OMM is our unintentional ally like people can be unintentionally funny. They are both, in fact. Every time they start an unsuccessful campaign and then have to retreat, they drive people into our camp by showing the weakness of a cause that used to be very strong. Nobody backs a loser and it is clear who will win in the end on this one. Yes they are desperate and driving them off the net will not accomplish anything. By letting them issue mean sprited warnings, scream “boycott!”, and make obnoxious fools of themselves we win.
    However I can’t be compassionate yet. I will gloat for a while over this and then the full truth of your post will sink in and I will feel very sad for these people. But you know the bitter enders are just as important in the grand scheme of things as you or I or anyone else. Is it not so? I must recognize if I can what is admirable in them to keep them human in my mind. They are true to their cause. They have a lost cause, but sempre fi! Good for them. They would be happier if they could give it up, but they can’t. It shows a sort of honour.
    How small a person is in spirit who can’t show compassion to their opponent when they can see they themselves have won. Who does this become?
    Now everyone else can rip me a new one. Kiwi can join in condemning me and appear popular briefly.

7. Michaelandfred says

Amazing….a million moms can manage boycotting..everything but
    Not a single one can manage their Facebook page during bible studies week? ALL million if them are heading to camp? Funny, I’ve not heard in the news of a million mom migration…

8. Mic says

Mary,

Though your first paragraph is, as typical, muddled, the later half of your post is filled with inspiration.

You know I abhor your comments in general. But this one, not so much!

Maybe I am growing. Whodda knew?

9. BOB says

Summer bible school? Huh? One Million Moms isn’t a church! This is a national advocacy (I use the term loosely) group. Are they all gettting together at the same local church hall for this bible study? As mothers they should know it is not a good example to set for their kids that when the going gets tough you run, then make up flimsy excuses for why you ran. Tsk Tsk ladies! A time-out is in order.

10. Dave says

Warning OMM is a hate group that is really a part of the America Family Association and they are a anti-gay Christian hate group. Now we know what to do to get rid of OMM, just send a ton of good replies to their hate filled propaganda. Keep up the good work my brothers and sisters, in truth and freedom.

11. Mather says

So, why are there only 47,000++ likes on their facebook page and not 1M? They should change their org name to 47,516 Moms. Either are liars or bad in math, they are not made up of 1,000,000 moms for sure.

12. says

OMM Facebook page is no longer accessible. I tried to find it myself then Googled and found out that no one can access it. From Reddit

funny quote
    “I still don’t see what the big deal is over that JC Penny ad. Jesus had two dads and over a billion people worship him to this day.”

13. says

funny quote

14. M. Scott Hernandez says

Those witches! After I made one pro-Ellen message, they locked me out of commenting anything against THEM. They like one-sided conversations. They are MORE extreme than One Million Dads.

15. Scott says

If you posted a pro-gay comment on their website or the thread, the reason you can no longer get to their facebook page is that not only have they locked you from making comments, they have blocked you to access to the page altogether. They do not stand for dissent or discussion of any kind.

16. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

“Green Lantern” IS NO “Superman.” AT LEAST, “Superman’s” POWERS ARE A “NATURAL” PART OF HIM, AS WITH, ALL “Kryptonians.” “Green Lantern” UTILIZES A “sissy” RING. IT IS CHARACTERISTIC “queen” MINDSET TO PLACE SUCH EMPHASIS ON A PIECE OF JEWELRY. [What kind of men are you?]. LIKE “Superman,” “Wonder Woman’s” “NATURAL” POWERS HAVE “Green Lantern” BEAT. C’MON, M-E-N!
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

17. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

WHY IS A GROUP OF MALE HOMOSEXUALS CALLING A GROUP OF FEMALES, “cowards?” STRANGE. DIDN’T YOUR MAMA TEACH YOU BOYS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BEAT-UP GIRLS?
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

18. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

“JEFFREY” (1 JUNE; 3:42:48 PM),
    ALTHOUGH I AM ATHEIST, I KNOW WHAT VACATION Bible SCHOOL IS.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

19. Tanoka says

@ CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

You are the cutest little troll ever! I’d like to keep you as a pet. I promise to feed you lots of outrage and even give you a soft blanket to sleep on, in the corner of your cage. What do say?

Sincerely,
    a straight woman

20. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

“TANOKA,”
    THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT. MA’AM, I AM NOT USED TO BEING AROUND A “straight woman.” OUT OF COURTESY, IT IS NOT FAIR TO HER – OR, ME – TO WASTE OUR TIME. AS A MALE HOMOSEXUAL, IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE HONEST WHEN DEALING WITH A HETEROSEXUAL FEMALE. I AM DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF THOSE OBNOXIOUS “mac-daddies.”
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

21. SeanZilla says

HATE, pure and simple. Anyone that has ever been to the Holocaust Museum in DC or the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, or knows anything about Armenia, Nazi Germany, Bosnia, Darfur, or the phrase “ethnic cleansing” will realize this is how those things started-propaganda!

My patience is wearing thin; very, very thin.

22. Dave says

The next group of people that need to be taken out are the anti-gay Christian leaders who operate hate groups that cause the death and destruction of LGBT people around the world.