Florida | I'm Not Gay | Jennifer Carroll | News

'Black Women That Look Like Me' Aren't Lesbians, Says FL Lt. Governor in Response to Sex Scandal Charges: VIDEO

Carroll

A former aide to Florida Lt. Governor Jennifer Carroll says she walked in on Carroll and another woman. Carroll responded outside a Romney campaign office, WTSP reports:

Carletha Cole claims she walked in on a sexual encounter between Carroll and Carroll's travel aide, Beatriz Ramos. Cole worked as an administrative assistant to Carroll. Cole is a grandmother and a minister.

Carroll says, "The problem is that when you have these accusations that come out, it's not just one person you're attacking. It's an entire family. My husband doesn't want to hear that. He knows the type of woman I am. I mean, my kids know the type of woman I am. For twenty-nine years - I'm the one that's married for twenty-nine years. The accuser is the one that's been single for a long time. So usually black women that look like me don't engage in relationships like that."

Cole has passed a polygraph test about the incident, and claims that after she witnessed it Carroll did everything in her power to destroy her.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Reminds me of alchohol-abusing Mel Gibson asking, "Do I look gay? Do gay guys have a body like this??"

This woman needs to be warned: that type of dishonesty is the fast lane to low life, as Mel Gibson amply proves.

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Jul 16, 2012 8:47:50 AM

2. So what do black lesbians look like? Gary Coleman?

Actually, sounds to me like this Cole woman has a vendetta against the Lt. Governor.

google Carroll's wiki page. She has a very interesting and diverse background. Born in Trinidad, moved to the U.S. at age 8, lived in Uniondale, NJ, was a jet mechanic in the U.S.A.F., now a Republican Lt. Gov. of Florida. I know nothing else about this woman, just commenting on her interesting and diverse background.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 16, 2012 8:50:37 AM

3. Sounds like the Lt. Governor of Florida has a "wide stance".

And all this has even greater soap opera qualities: "Beatriz Ramos, a travel aide for Lieutenant Governor Jennifer Carroll, admitted to starting a fire that could have set the state Capitol ablaze." This after she tossed a cigar that she thought was extinguished, but apparently still lit, into Cole's trash can.

Lt. Gov Jenny, you might want to talk to former Gov Charlie about how hard it is to keep these things under wraps...

Posted by: Mitch | Jul 16, 2012 8:56:13 AM

4. I can't.

Posted by: Francis | Jul 16, 2012 9:04:11 AM

5. it's been a while since I've seen so much ignorance in one interview on the part of the one being interviewed

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Jul 16, 2012 9:16:31 AM

6. Is she calling Queen Latifah ugly?

Posted by: Gus | Jul 16, 2012 9:44:26 AM

7. I'm looking forward to seeing how Wanda Sykes responds to Carroll.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Jul 16, 2012 10:31:25 AM

8. This is so rich it must be fattening!

I have long said that Fla. Gov. Rick Scott is a repressed closeted homosexual, and now this! His outing will be next!

Posted by: Don | Jul 16, 2012 10:47:01 AM

9. "Usually women who look like me..."

Are you kidding me? If you Google her (Carroll) she looks like a big ole lesbian to me!!!

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 16, 2012 10:51:34 AM

10. 'So usually women that look like me', really? No wonder so much of the black community, no matter how successful we can be, is still decades behind in thought and perception.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jul 16, 2012 12:20:09 PM

11. "So usually black women that look like me don't engage in relationships like that."

Well, this is not quite true, given the concept of "lipstick lesbians". And Republicans who use arguments this almost always engage in relationships like that. You know....a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, yada, yada, yada.

Posted by: Babs Kramer | Jul 16, 2012 12:30:27 PM

12. That's right! Slap her between Wanda Sykes and Queen Latifah, and have a big ol' beautiful chocolate sandwich.

Posted by: Chaka Lett | Jul 16, 2012 12:34:26 PM

13. Her defense wasn't quite a denial either. The position of Lt. Gov. is typically hackish, so this probably is of no practical importance.

Posted by: anon | Jul 16, 2012 12:41:12 PM

14. I don't know what she's talking about. Maybe it's just me, but femme back lesbians seem much more visible lately.

Posted by: dh | Jul 16, 2012 2:06:53 PM

15. She's right. Doria Roberts is much lovelier.

Posted by: topdawgbombadil | Jul 16, 2012 2:14:11 PM

16. "No wonder so much of the black community, no matter how successful we can be, is still decades behind in thought and perception."

Oh, are we? Words of wisdom from Archie Bunker...homo syle.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 16, 2012 2:21:48 PM

17. I posted on her FB page yesterday and as of today she has removed my post and blocked me from any other comments. Here is what I posted

‎"Usually black women who look like me don't engage in relationships like that" -- Florida Lieutenant Governor Jennifer Carroll response to accusations of a relationship with a female aide. I AM OFFENDED. My wife is better looking than you and most certainly engages in that type of relations with me... I really can't believe that you as a female minority politician would allow that stereotype to leave your mouth. I swear the black community still thinks only ugly run down females are gay. Once again ashamed of the "leaders" of this state and the hate they embody.

YOU OWE THE LGBTQ COMMUNITY AN APOLOGY

I am also checking back for some type of apology/statement regarding your comment "Usually black women who look like me don't engage in relationships like that". I find it shocking that you are heading a panel reviewing the stand your ground law - a law now brought under criticism due in part to the actions of a certain someone based on stereotypes. Now here you are stereotyping yourself. Perhaps you are not the correct person for the job.

Posted by: nisha | Jul 16, 2012 2:54:58 PM

18. @RATBASTARD:

Do Republicans give you some kind of weird drug high? You don't even know who this woman is and you're shilling for her and defending her innocence. What is it about the word "Republican" that automatically triggers your allegiance with Pavlovian predictability?

Posted by: Dan | Jul 16, 2012 2:58:08 PM

19. @Dan,

I'm shilling for no one,boss. I simply said:

A) I think from what I've seen of this case that the woman has some kind of personal vendetta against Carroll, just my personal opinion.

B) Carroll has an interesting and diverse background

I also said, Dan, that I knew nothing more about her and was ONLY COMMENTING ON HER INTERESTING BIO. What about that don't you get, Dan?

Loosen you a** muscles, Dan.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 16, 2012 3:08:14 PM

20. @Daniel Berry -- "the fast lane to low life." Love the phrase -- can't wait to steal it!

Posted by: buster | Jul 16, 2012 3:20:30 PM

21. Cole "is a minister." There you have it. End of discussion. We know she can't be trusted. Never trust a religious person. They are the biggest liars and most f*cked up people around.

Posted by: Icebloo | Jul 16, 2012 5:03:46 PM

22. carroll doesn't have short hair or carry a softball bat so that means she's straight? Cole took a poly, now how about Carroll? As stated above this sounds like a "wide stance" moment.

Posted by: terry | Jul 16, 2012 8:05:41 PM

23. Ms Cole probably got fired because she didnot knock the door before she enter i know a lot of people who never knock the door before they enter maybe the boss try to teach her a lesson of discipline and Morale at Ms Cole age she suppose to have discipline and Morale but i am not saying Mrs Carroll didnot do it because its nothing new because what i heard in the news everyday are these people who suppose to protect the law who broke the same law is that what these voters who put them in office got in return

Posted by: dexter | Jul 21, 2012 7:36:02 AM

24. Thus leaving his fate the same, and not changing history in the slightest. With the idea of time travel comes the fantasy of going back and seeing the dinosaurs, and meeting the long lost grandpa. But if travel is achieved by means of a time machine,

Posted by: see url | Dec 1, 2012 6:34:16 AM