Film | News | Trailer | Wachowskis

Cloud Atlas: VIDEO

Cloudatlas

The Wachowskis have finally taken the lid off their forthcoming film Cloud Atlas.

An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution.

With Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess, Susan Sarandon Ben Whishaw, and Jim Broadbent.

The 5-minute trailer is appropriately epic. Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Cloudatlas2

Comments

1. The video does not appear to be linked. It's just a photo.

Posted by: Scott | Jul 27, 2012 2:15:25 PM

2. wow such a great book hope the Wachowski's don't screw this up!

Posted by: David B. | Jul 27, 2012 2:16:30 PM

3. I love all of David Mitchell's books. This will be difficult to pull off in movie form.

Posted by: Magpie | Jul 27, 2012 2:43:46 PM

4. An achingly beautiful,complex book. The trailer looks overwrought, but Tom Tykwer is certainly going to bring an interesting take to it.

Posted by: Naiset | Jul 27, 2012 2:47:20 PM

5. The visuals are stunning but Im not sure I trust the Wachowskis to pull this off.

Posted by: Chad | Jul 27, 2012 2:48:31 PM

6. i dont get the trailer

Posted by: redball | Jul 27, 2012 2:52:40 PM

7. karma: the movie
    can't. wait.
    headed to AMAZON to order the book...

Posted by: my2cents | Jul 27, 2012 3:10:23 PM

8. That looks AMAZING!!

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jul 27, 2012 3:11:12 PM

9. Looks very cool but why do so many films fail to live up to their trailers? I hope this is the rare one that does.

Posted by: matt | Jul 27, 2012 3:39:59 PM

10. Could be great. Nice cast. The Wachowskis are not directing, so less fear of it being ruined by those who (imo rightfully) hated the Matrix sequels. But there's always, ya know, The Matrix to recommend them (and I'm one of the few who really loved Speed Racer). So I welcome their involvement. Of course, great participants, creators and an arresting trailer do not a great movie necessarily make ... but I'm impressed so far.

Posted by: Zlick | Jul 27, 2012 3:48:49 PM

11. Dear God I don't think I can take another Hetero-folk love story being crammed down my throat. I don't care how much CGI it has.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jul 27, 2012 3:51:12 PM

12. correct me if i'm wrong, but its about a couple that are soul mates, and how they keep encountering one another...
    and at least once, they are both guys

Posted by: aj | Jul 27, 2012 4:05:31 PM

13. That's a hell of a lot of story to fit into one movie... having not read Cloud Atlas, to me, it sounds kind of like a remake of The Fountain, but with a lot more people. Hope it works...

Posted by: jexer | Jul 27, 2012 4:18:08 PM

14. AJ oh that sounds a lot like AIDA.

the gay twist is nice though. and also the messages about goodness and the interconnectedness of humans.

Posted by: redball | Jul 27, 2012 4:45:57 PM

15. or at least a little reminiscent of AIDA, i should say.

Posted by: redball | Jul 27, 2012 5:09:41 PM

16. Looks refreshingly original.

Posted by: stranded | Jul 27, 2012 7:12:46 PM

17. OK, that looks like a hot mess; a SyFy mini-series craptacular with more prominent actors.

Posted by: Rrhain | Jul 28, 2012 1:17:56 AM

18. Can't wait. Should start reading the book now.

Can't be happier for Doona Bae! So far, this must be the 'best' Hollywood debut for a Korean actress.

Well, at least, it will be an interesting failure if nothing else works out....hehe...

Posted by: Iban4yesu | Jul 28, 2012 1:56:02 AM

19. I saw an early screening of this a few months back and all I have to say is it was one hot convoluted mess. My favorite part was the lights coming on at the end.

Posted by: Joe De Hoyos | Jul 29, 2012 8:50:23 PM