Louisville, Kentucky Teen Girl Brutally Beaten by Group of Adult Men for Being Gay: VIDEO

Louisville

A 16-year-old Louisville, Kentucky teen had her jaw broken in several places and teeth knocked out of her mouth by a group of adult men witnesses say beat her for being gay. The men yelled anti-gay slurs while attacking her.

The girl was with two teen male friends when the attack happened, 9 News reports:

Andi Hornback, the mother of the two boys, got a call after 1:00 Tuesday morning. Her sons, ages 13 and 15, had slipped out of the house for a quick walk to a store around the corner.

"My son called me and said 'Mom, can you come meet us because we feel uncomfortable," she says. "There are four grown-ups following us a little too close."

The boys said the men started yelling anti-gay slurs toward the teen girl before they could give their mom the exact location over the phone.

The attack happened in front of two churches.

Said family friend Brenda Hickerson: "Her jaw is broken in several places and she has to have a plate put in her jaw. She has teeth knocked out of her mouth and she has scrapes and bruises. She was on the ground with blood just pouring out of her face, These grown men put her on the ground, kicked her in her stomach, kicked her in her face and punched her in the face and kept going until a bystander yelled stop and called 911."

Watch the 9 News report, AFTER THE JUMP...

WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Comments

1. I wonder how the wingnuts are gonna swing this one

Posted by: Wolf Sawyer | Jul 18, 2012 6:11:00 PM

2. I'm sure these men consider themselves "christian."

Posted by: Craig | Jul 18, 2012 6:15:55 PM

3. These right wing lunatics are getting more extreme because cops/lawyers/judges in these states are not doing anything to stop it. In fact, it's being encouraged by Republican politicians and so-called religious "leaders". These people disgust me.

We need stronger hate crimes laws from the Federal level so the Feds can come in and make the local police/lawyers/judges behave and do their jobs properly.

Be prepared for more of these beatings if Romney wins the election.
    All of the progress we have made on gay rights in the last few years will be reversed if Romney wins and right now his funding is almost double that of Obamas.

PLEASE make a donation to the Obama re-election campaign if you want to stop these hate crimes escalating out of control.

Posted by: Icebloo | Jul 18, 2012 6:17:00 PM

4. this didn't even make Louisville's big newspaper. Figures as much

Posted by: feo | Jul 18, 2012 6:18:38 PM

5. I meant 8 years.

Posted by: Seth | Jul 18, 2012 6:32:10 PM

6. We need an LGBT relocation program.

Seems the haterade spewed in south (and other places too) gives morons license to attack people.

Posted by: qj201 | Jul 18, 2012 6:47:51 PM

7. Ah--nice! Another victory for the christians.

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Jul 18, 2012 6:52:13 PM

8. I hope the people that did this are murdered.

Posted by: DanSwon | Jul 18, 2012 6:56:18 PM

9. I dont know If I can be any More Disgusted.....! ...is there a collection for her?

Posted by: disgusted american | Jul 18, 2012 7:02:45 PM

10. It might stop if these wimps who claim to be men but who can only gang up on a girl to win a fight a couple of times wind up at the business end of a gun and get their nuts shot off. "Stand and deliver" doesn't take sides in any fight...though the juries and prosecutors do like to takes the side of the poor white mens who gets hurted when they does something wronger. Still, if word gets around that we'll shoot back...

Posted by: kyle Michel Sullivan | Jul 18, 2012 7:20:37 PM

11. It might stop if these wimps who claim to be men but who can only gang up on a girl to win a fight a couple of times wind up at the business end of a gun and get their nuts shot off. "Stand and deliver" doesn't take sides in any fight...though the juries and prosecutors do like to takes the side of the poor white mens who gets hurted when they does something wronger. Still, if word gets around that we'll shoot back...

Posted by: kyle Michel Sullivan | Jul 18, 2012 7:20:41 PM

12. Antigay Christians are now beating children because they can no longer get away with raping them.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 18, 2012 7:37:51 PM

13. Kristalnacht. And these are the people gays are supposed to be like: heterosexual, violent, and stupid. I'll stay gay and keep my respect, thank you very much.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jul 18, 2012 7:38:40 PM

14. I wonder if those assholes just came from eating at Chick-fil-a?

Posted by: Gary A | Jul 18, 2012 8:03:12 PM

15. @ WOODROAD34 - Well said. I'll keep my Gay Card too thankyouverymuch

Posted by: Devin | Jul 18, 2012 8:10:44 PM

16. Not much of a silver lining, but at least it sounds like there were plenty of witnesses. I hope these bastards are put away for a long, long time.

Posted by: Mabel T | Jul 18, 2012 8:16:34 PM

17. "at least it sounds like there were plenty of witnesses"

Yeah, but despite that, all that the media will say about the perpetrators of the beating is that "police have a vague description of them"

Hmmmmm.....a vague description, huh? Then why not release that description to the public, particularly since you are advertising a phone number that the public can call to offer tips?

Usually when such information is not released, it is because the perpetrators of the crime are black and the victims white......surely the "vague description" would at least include positive identification of the race of the perpetrators, wouldn't it?

Of course, it would.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 8:32:08 PM

18. I'm just about to move to nearby Fort Knox. Guess I'll have to buy a gun or something.

Posted by: Craig | Jul 18, 2012 8:35:17 PM

19. Because it's just so manly for a group of adult men to beat up a teenage girl. When are these perpetrators going to figure out they are spineless lowlifes not worthy of the air they breathe?

Posted by: Mike W | Jul 18, 2012 8:48:24 PM

20. If I ever had the misfortune of being transferred to one of these god-forsaken southern hell holes, I'd definitely get a concealed weapons permit and start packing heat.

Posted by: candide001 | Jul 18, 2012 9:23:01 PM

21. I was going to say the same thing, Feo. This story should clearly be headline news throughout Kentucky but it doesn't appear to be the case. That in itself highlights the cultural phenomenon that leads to incidents like this occurring all too often in states like Kentucky.

I honestly am speechless regarding this tragedy. I mean.............a 16 year old girl? Beating up a 16 year old girl? Concussing a 15 year old boy? I know we hear of stories like this all too often, but I simply cannot comprehend how adult men can be so completely damaged that they would do something like this. This is completely disgusting.

Hopefully there is a way to reach the family for any possible donations to help pay for the medical bills. At the very least, it is a good thing this 16 year old has people around her who do support her. Now we need to see action taken by Louisville police (and potentially the federal government).

Posted by: Francis | Jul 18, 2012 9:26:52 PM

22. Is it possible to read won story on here with the usual vapid politicization? Who here really knows who these 'men' [I hesitate to call them men], what was going in their minds, etc.? No one. Were they drunk and/or high? Who knows. But EVERY story like this brings out the 'crazy Christians','wingnuts', etc., etc., It's effing tedious and boring. And of course some will use ANY 'homophobic' incident, ANY, even fake ones, to further their particular version of the gay rights struggle. It's like they salivate and look forward to the next outrage. Not cool.

I hope the kid is OK.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 18, 2012 10:01:13 PM

23. Sorry, that should read ONE story, not WON.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 18, 2012 10:02:25 PM

24. Oh, for Christ's sake Rick give it a bloody rest!

Posted by: JILL | Jul 18, 2012 10:11:11 PM