Bristol Palin | Gay Slurs | News

Bristol Palin Denies Her Son Tripp Used an Anti-Gay Slur: VIDEO

Palin

Last night Brandon posted a now widely-circulated video from Life's a Tripp, Bristol Palin's reality show, in which her son Tripp is seen calling her what looks like the word "faggot".

On her blog today, Palin denies that's what he said:

Let me be clear.  I’m not proud of what he did say.  Sadly, he used a different “f word.”

Lifetime filmed over 12 months (on and off) and they caught a moment on film that would cause any parent to be red in the face.  Tripp is always surrounded by adults – around the campfires with cousins and their friends, at the shop with my dad and his snowmachine buddies.  He’s apparently picked up some language that I’d prefer he not use. On national television or at home.

I do oppose gay marriage, as I’ve written about before (and the HuffPo points out).  I guess the temptation to label my three year old son is just too great for the lefty papers to resist.  However, one of my new Twitter followers made an excellent point.

He tweeted that the left tries to hold my three year old son more accountable than their adult spokespeople.

Watch again, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. When did the word f*** become a two-syllable word? He clearly said faggot.

No one is labeling her son a bigot. People are pointing out that Bristol is clearly anti-gay and therefore is raising a child that repeats the homophobic slurs that are probably a part of her and her family's vocabulary.

Posted by: Leonard | Jul 23, 2012 7:08:28 PM

2. If this white trash bimbo wants to use her son on her TV show just so she can make more money then yes she is going to be held accountable for his behavior. She is SUPPOSED to be the parent.

How on earth did this awful, dumb, trashy family almost get to be the second family of the United States ? How on earth did we let our standards fall so low ? We should be ashamed !

Posted by: Icebloo | Jul 23, 2012 7:17:51 PM

3. Please don't ever post any more "news" about Palins again.

Thanks.

Posted by: rustytrawler | Jul 23, 2012 7:19:38 PM

4. This would never have happened had Eli been grnated sole custody.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 23, 2012 7:26:40 PM

5. I don't think he necessarily said faggot, he could have said "f-in'" where f is the usual f word. Hard to tell with the censoring of course

Posted by: Cody | Jul 23, 2012 7:27:34 PM

6. Yes, I understand that "f*ck" can be used as a noun, so the hypothetical sentence would be "Get away from me, you f*ck." The word that Tripp says on the video is a two-syllable word and you can clearly hear the "-ot" at the end of the word. Bristol is obviously lying to save face.

Levi Johnston complained about Bristol's homophobia last year and it's potential effect on their son, Tripp:

Johnston saw the sad result coming of letting Bristol raise the kid. Let's say that Levi Johnston saw this video, decided to let Bristol know what it feels like and told Tripp, "Don't forget to call your mother a c*nt." Not so funny anymore when the shoe is on the other foot, is it, Bristol?

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Jul 23, 2012 7:27:51 PM

7. Nobody cares about that benighted Fascist parasitic whore and her bastard child.

Posted by: RMc | Jul 23, 2012 7:28:31 PM

8. How about turning this into a teachable moment? I would have so much more respect for her if she said hey he said it. It was wrong. I'm sorry. No instead she makes it about her lack of marriage equality and how the left is attacking her. Oh yeah, I forgot this unwed mother and her bastard son's last name is Palin. She learned from the best. Dumb hooker.

Posted by: CB | Jul 23, 2012 7:30:07 PM

9. The name "Palin" should be re-branded much like "santorum" was, except the new meaning should be something like "clueless" or "supremely ignorant". She has no clue about this whole situation. Why would anyone blame a 3-year-old for saying something? She apparently has no control over him...the sister is the one doling out punishment. All Bristol does is giggle and say "I can't believe he said that". Why ever not; considering how she and her sisters talk and tweet. Kids don't make up words like that; they learn the intonations and situational uses for them from the adults. I have to agree this once with Bristol when she says "she's not doing a good job". I think Tripp, like that woman who had gay parents and is now with NOM, in 40 years should write a book about how all heterosexual head of households are demonic because of his experience with Bristol.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jul 23, 2012 7:33:20 PM

10. No one is trying to hold her three year old son accountable. People may be holding Bristol Palin accountable for allowing her child to be in an environment in which that word is used -- Bristol's immediate family, most likely.

Moreover, I doubt many are even trying to hold Bristol or the Palin's "accountable." The word accountable presumes some action in response would be taken and that's clearly impossible in the world we live in, which all in all is probably a good thing (free speech and all).

What is more at work here is pointing out the bigotry of the Palin family, for any misinformed Americans who still like the Palins and think they're nice people, whether or not they think Sarah Palin was experienced enough to be President.

It's important people know that the Sarah and the entire Palin family are a bunch of bigots, should any of them run for office again.

Posted by: Ryan | Jul 23, 2012 7:39:31 PM

11. Again, why are you posting this? Why are you giving her any attention? It's not enough that I started my day hearing a 3-year-old call his aunt a faggot. Now Bristol gets to re-affirm her opposition to gay marriage and lie about her son's language directly to us. I would have been happier never seeing any of this. Please stop indulging these idiots.

Posted by: Joe_hardy | Jul 23, 2012 7:42:41 PM

12. "We're the Palin's, we're the victims, we're the victims"! Yeah, knew that was coming!

If you put yourself in the spotlight in front of cameras for national reality show, you should expect people to comment, good AND bad. You just can't cash the cheque and not expect people to notice your stupidity. Grow up for once.

Posted by: DANNY | Jul 23, 2012 7:45:25 PM

13. That’s the train-wreck mother of the year I suppose people are tuning in to watch. How do we let trash like this on television? Like mother, like daughter I suppose. Bristol is selling herself in any form or fashion just like Sarah to make that money. She pays a ghost-writer to slap together blog entries on hot-button issues to shamelessly promote herself. Her limited vocabulary shines through in Tripp’s favorite words. Talk about some successful capitalists- all body and no brains. See how far they’re willing to go for the cash at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/06/ecstasy-of-sarah-palin_15.html

Posted by: Brandt Hardin | Jul 23, 2012 7:45:54 PM

14. She says she's "not proud of what he did say", so he probably didn't say faggot because these people seem pretty proud to show how anti gay they are. If he actually said it they'd give him a speaking role at the Republican convention.

Posted by: Ken | Jul 23, 2012 8:05:47 PM

15. Dear Ms. Palin,

It's your ignorance that is laughable and embarrassing not your child's.

Sincerely,

Every Intelligent Person in The United States of America

Posted by: Bart | Jul 23, 2012 8:06:34 PM

16. "Sadly, he used a different f word."
    meaning, faggot would have been ok, since she's anti gay marriage and all.

Posted by: David | Jul 23, 2012 8:16:53 PM

17. Bristol is trash. Her show won't be renewed owing to the fact that its ratings are in the gutter.

Posted by: jason | Jul 23, 2012 8:27:43 PM

18. In the original airing the words on the screen said "...dumb, f***!" I actually watched it

Posted by: Chell | Jul 23, 2012 8:39:18 PM

19. This is the type of behaviour you should expect when a child is not raised in a two parent, male - female home.

Posted by: DANNY | Jul 23, 2012 8:50:05 PM

20. Said the Junior Media Whore to the Media. This apple dint fall far from the tree, eh?

Posted by: Pdxblueyes | Jul 23, 2012 9:05:34 PM

21. It's OK. He probably said f*ckhead. Not to worry. No biggie. He's just learning compound words.

Posted by: and he's only 3! | Jul 23, 2012 9:10:01 PM

22. Oh, so he used the other "F" word? Well, that makes it all better then. Give it time, he will be well versed in all the "f" words.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Jul 23, 2012 9:26:36 PM

23. When did this site turn into Joe.My.God?

Posted by: Cinesnatch | Jul 23, 2012 9:35:13 PM

24. More than the word "faggot" is the kid saying "I hate you." They're obviously teaching him hate, in addition to disrespecting adults.

Posted by: Steve | Jul 23, 2012 9:37:16 PM

25. Truth be told, we don't know what Tripp actually said. Could have been "Fagg*t" could have been "F*ck it" or even "F*ckhead".

Let's not jump to conclusions about what he said. (And I'm no supporter of the Palins; I really would rather they all just go away.)

Instead, the video shows some awful, dreadful parenting. I'm not saying the parenting is like this all the time but this moment that has been captured is terrible...

Posted by: BryanB | Jul 23, 2012 9:54:31 PM