Comments

1. StarGem says

Wow! Great video. I watched the two feeds from the control center and the atmosphere in there was electric. It was very exciting to watch them live, in a way like participating in a moment in history!

This really is nothing short of a stupendous achievement for NASA and the nation as a whole; moments such as these are so great and I count myself lucky to have cared about it and to care about it.

This rover has potential for social change, perhaps great potential. I wonder if it’s on many people’s radar, the possibility that this thing may actually find signs of extinct life, or even life extant. Such a discover could cause a great examination of our collective lives and our collective humanity, and that might be a good thing. We’ll see! That’s what makes this so exciting for me.

2. khan says

totally woth it, oh yah

btw, i totally understand u gotta make money from obnoxious ads but how bout getting rid of the “you might also like” pop-up crapalooza. really.

3. ratbastard says

I hope I live to see humans establish a base on another planet, the moon, whatever. I love this stuff. Considering what that contraption had to go through and how far it traveled, it’s an amazing achievement. We humans are capable of awesome things when we put our minds to it.

4. michael says

Really??? More prop… from Nasa. There are better ways to fund your tired space failures…Does Apollo lunar spacecapades ring a bell…check out “A funny thing happened on the way to the moon”

5. Boston Dave says

Stargem – This is a stupendous achievement, but I wish I had your enthusiasm for “potential” social change. I think you mean orthodox religion, and it’s insistence that it’s scripture and traditions represent absolute truth. Think again.

Even if we find living microbes on Mars the religious establishment will find a way to resist change for many years, perhaps centuries to come. They are delusional now, they will hold on to their delusion concerning gay people despite evidence of microbes on another planet.

6. Nat says

“”A funny thing happened on the way to the moon”

… has been rigorously debunked. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the moon landings were a hoax.