2012 Election | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin: 'Other Voices' Will Be Heard at the GOP Convention, Not Mine

Sarah Palin won't be speaking at next week's Republican National Convention, she said in a statement Sunday:

Palin"This year is a good opportunity for other voices to speak at the convention and I'm excited to hear them," Palin wrote. "As I've repeatedly said, I support Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan in their efforts to replace President Obama at the ballot box, and I intend to focus on grassroots efforts to rally Independents and the GOP base to elect Senate and House members so a wise Congress is ready to work with our new President to get our country back on the right path."

Palin did not indicate whether or not she would be attending.

Comments

1. "Other Voices"?

Other Rooms too, I'm sure.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 13, 2012 8:47:08 AM

2. the right path?

Posted by: deen | Aug 13, 2012 8:55:06 AM

3. First, did we really need to see Palin first thing on a Monday?
    Second, it's news that someone won't do something?

Posted by: Butch | Aug 13, 2012 9:06:23 AM

4. Palin also didn't indicate that she wasn't asked to speak.

Posted by: alex | Aug 13, 2012 9:11:01 AM

5. maybe she will not be speaking becouse she knows no one gives a rats ass what she has to say.

Posted by: mark | Aug 13, 2012 9:22:54 AM

6. Is it just me or is she looking more and more like Tammy Faye Baker in that picture?

Posted by: Mitch | Aug 13, 2012 9:26:44 AM

7. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of having to hear her incomprehensible babbling in the media.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 13, 2012 9:27:23 AM

8. She going to hear other voices than the ones in her head?

Posted by: woodroad34d | Aug 13, 2012 9:33:09 AM

9. Palin is like the uninvited party guest who still thinks she invited to the party. She's so dumb she doesn't even realize it. I just watched Game Changer this weekend. Read the book,but my god to think this dumb hooker could have been one heart beat away from the presidency is frightening.

Posted by: CB | Aug 13, 2012 9:33:13 AM

10. Latest poll has the majority of the country, in August, saying:

Right track: 27%
    Wrong track: 66%

The widest discrepancy in over a year. In other words, the public would probably replace the current incumbent with a cat. What a bunch of hoopla and crap to look forward to when you know the end result with numbers like that. Every time.

Posted by: Markus | Aug 13, 2012 9:49:10 AM

11. Must be tough to be a has been even with RNC.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 13, 2012 9:59:34 AM

12. Sarah, America is sick of your squeeky, irritating voice and your inane blitherings.

Posted by: WeDontNeedToLieToWin | Aug 13, 2012 10:23:11 AM

13. @david e i caught that other voices, other rooms reference. not much gets by me, i just don't remember it long after i do get it...

Posted by: bandanajack | Aug 13, 2012 10:24:17 AM

14. Well, MarKus, it must frustrating for you that President Obama still leads Mittens in every poll--even with the statistics you sited. It must be frustrating for you and your kind. I'm elated :-) Just as happy and gay as I can be.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 13, 2012 10:31:29 AM

15. Even Republicans don't like Republicans.

Posted by: it isn't just me | Aug 13, 2012 10:43:17 AM

16. Guaranteed that she will pull some sort of stunt that week to pull focus. She can't stand not having the attention.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Aug 13, 2012 10:51:28 AM

17. markus

yet Obama is ahead of romney in all polls so what does that say about repubs?

Also a poll showed that ryan budget doubles Obama's lead / has potential to put obama at a 10% lead over romney

LOL

Posted by: say what | Aug 13, 2012 10:53:31 AM

18. "Hey everybody! I wasn't invited to the GOP convention because I reek of failure and desperation. However, instead of just STFU and GTFO, I'm going to continue milking my 15 minutes and let everyone know that I wasn't asked to sit at the big kid's table. Remember to pick up my books at your nearest Wal-Mart and I'm available to do birthday parties and bar mitzvahs"

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Aug 13, 2012 10:55:26 AM

19. She's taken herself out of politics and put her family into showbiz, so this is not that surprising. She wasn't a factor in the primaries at all. The real question is whether the other candidates who ran will be given a speaking role. Who wants another speech by Rick Santorum? Anyone?

Posted by: anon | Aug 13, 2012 1:03:18 PM

20. Translation: We need to get the black man out of office. I hate black people.

Posted by: GUEST | Aug 13, 2012 1:22:59 PM

21. Oh, please! She didn't speak at the previous Republican Convention, either. She doesn't speak. She opens her mouth and sounds spill out. It's verbal vomit.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Aug 13, 2012 1:48:43 PM

22. Will those voices be speaking in tongues?

Posted by: Holy Rollin' | Aug 13, 2012 2:12:03 PM

23. Perhaps the convention conflicts with her reality show career.

Palins = Kardashians - talent - class.

Posted by: topsyturvy | Aug 13, 2012 7:59:29 PM

24. Last I heard, Ms Thang was going to present her own speech sometimes during the RNC. You know she won't miss a chance to get in the limelight even if it means taking attention away from them.

Posted by: justandra | Aug 13, 2012 8:00:03 PM

25. We need her intelligent voice of reason on the American political stage. She will be missed. Get ready for it: LOL!!!

Posted by: andrew | Aug 13, 2012 9:26:57 PM