Carly Rae Jepsen | Glee | Music | Music Video | News

And Finally, 'Glee' Does 'Call Me Maybe': VIDEO

Callmemaybe_glee

You didn't think Glee was going to skip the biggest song of the year, did you?

Watch the clip from this season's premiere on Thursday, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Is this a Drag Race "Lipsync For your Life" competition?

Posted by: tom | Sep 10, 2012 7:29:07 PM

2. Darren is so cute.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Sep 10, 2012 7:30:37 PM

3. I love "Call Me Maybe," but this cover is awful.

Posted by: Fodolodo | Sep 10, 2012 8:00:05 PM

4. Yawn.

Posted by: Icebloo | Sep 10, 2012 8:19:21 PM

5. I haven't seen the show in a while – when did Mercedes become a guy?

Posted by: foobar | Sep 10, 2012 8:50:23 PM

6. For those who thought the original was just top edgy.

Posted by: Mikemike | Sep 10, 2012 8:51:34 PM

7. I like Glee very much but this is just bad awfully bad. The worst cover they ever did I think.

Posted by: oakpope | Sep 10, 2012 9:00:04 PM

8. There is nothing worse than this song. Overplayed! This show just jumped the shark!

Posted by: Fonzi | Sep 10, 2012 9:20:26 PM

9. @Foobar - mean but funny. Truly hate this song. Didn't realize Glee was about to start up again, which, I guess, is ok. Love Darren. I think last season kind of sucked, and I expect to lose interest this season.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Sep 10, 2012 9:49:41 PM

10. Those tight jeans (in spite of the loud colour) look mighty fine on Darren there.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Sep 10, 2012 10:03:38 PM

11. You people are a trip. It sounds almost identical to the original. You haters need to chill.

Posted by: Bobby | Sep 10, 2012 10:17:19 PM

12. This song is indeed the song of the year and Darren Cris is smokin as usual.

There are a lot of people here who can't be made happy - just can't be.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 10, 2012 11:15:13 PM

13. "There are a lot of people here who can't be made happy - just can't be"

LOL - reverse trolling. I see what you did there. Some people hate one awful TV show and all of a sudden they "can't be made happy" as a result.

Posted by: steve76 | Sep 11, 2012 12:19:41 AM

14. I watched it thinking that I would hate it. I didn't. I liked it. A lot. They are really talented young people. This old guy says: BRAVO!!!

Posted by: andrew | Sep 11, 2012 1:04:59 AM

15. I like this show, but they're going to have to do better than this...

Posted by: Randy | Sep 11, 2012 1:32:53 AM

16. If they don't focus on the characters, giving them realistic and genuine growth, then the show ends after this season. As it stands, it is not a good sign that they are keeping almost everyone from the old cast and adding new people. The cast is too big. Did they really need to add a "transgender"?

Posted by: Thomas | Sep 11, 2012 2:07:28 AM

17. very impressive!

Posted by: research papers online | Sep 11, 2012 5:58:27 AM

18. 1)I'm glad they added a transgender person to the cast. GLEE is all about real people, not just the kind the hateful christers approve of.
    2)It's better sung than the original (wouldn't be hard, given the money FOX spends on production values).
    3)This is the worst, absolute worst choreography I have yet to see on any GLEE production. I understand what they were aiming for. They missed the mark.
    4)Darren Cris is heavenly.

Posted by: enough already | Sep 11, 2012 10:45:42 AM

19. Spoilerific, much? Now I know that what's-his-name will be transferring to McKinley.

Otherwise, a very "Meh" cover. Glee's been plagued with them lately. I have a lot of season 1 and 2 songs on endless repeat, but only a few season 3 songs on repeat. "Call Me, Maybe" will not be one of my regular go-to Glee covers.

Posted by: Philip Wester | Sep 11, 2012 3:33:23 PM

20. Glee should have stopped one season ago; it has clearly "jumped the shark". Now, it's more of the same with actors who are now 10 years older than the characters they portray.

Posted by: Michael | Sep 11, 2012 4:46:09 PM

21. Ok. I'm just going to put it out there. Glee is not real life and is done by actors. It there was a decision to have Black guy character or maybe even a Black Gay character whose choice and why was it to make it a Black guy who appears to be not as fit as the White guys but also make him appear effiminate. I'm just asking.

Posted by: dpbfeb | Sep 11, 2012 7:11:21 PM