2012 Election | Jon Stewart | Mitt Romney | News

Jon Stewart on Mitt Romney's '47 Percent' Disaster: VIDEO

Bodylanguage

Jon Stewart explains why, according to Mitt Romney's '47 percent' logic, he could not win the vote of his own dad, and takes a look at Romney's 'sinking ship' body language.

Addressing a leaked video, Mitt Romney's words say "No big deal, I want to help all Americans," but his eyes and body language say "Holy s**t, we're all gonna die."

Watch (in two parts), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Nobody can wrap things up quite like Jon Stewart!

Romney is really showing people that he is a complete As*wipe.

Posted by: jtramon | Sep 19, 2012 9:31:56 AM

2. I've been gleefully waiting for this.

Posted by: dc | Sep 19, 2012 9:48:22 AM

3. The reason they lived in Mexico is because his grandfather was a polygamist who fled the authorities in the US

Posted by: Steve | Sep 19, 2012 10:01:12 AM

4. Jon Stewart is sexy. ;)

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 19, 2012 10:26:10 AM

5. Mitt is so pathetically dumb that he doesn't even realise the power and depth of media prosecution and thinks that he could easily get away saying anything ever next day without being accounted to anything whatsoever. I fail to understand that how is he even allowed to run for the election.

Posted by: Blaise | Sep 19, 2012 10:52:56 AM

6. This election just keeps gettin' better and better!

Posted by: Marc C | Sep 19, 2012 12:36:00 PM

7. Both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert were brilliant last night, absolutely scathing in their condemnation of Romney's speech.

Since Romney said he stands by what he said but it was 'inelegant,' Colbert offered to repeat it in an elegant manner. He put on a top hat and tails then threw shrimp to/at a group of 'Obama supporters.'

Jon Stewart has great researchers working for him. Has anyone else used that clip of Romney's mother saying George Romney was on welfare for a time? If they have I haven't seen it. Over and over again The Daily Show shows clips of pundits and politicians saying exactly the opposite of what they're saying now. I read an article about the guy who finds those clips for them and he has an almost "Rain Man" like recall of video he's seen, not just what was said but when it was said and on which program.

Posted by: Caliban | Sep 19, 2012 12:42:21 PM

8. I saw the clip of Lenore Romney somewhere in the last couple of days. My thought was Mitt's speaking style is very much like his mother's.

Posted by: james | Sep 20, 2012 2:49:06 AM

9. Agree James, the cadence of his speech reminds me of his mother's, and when you compare his mannerisms to Jon Stewart's very masculine bearing, Romney seems a little fey. Wouldn't be the more dominant cellmate to almost anyone, if you like comeuppance fantasies.

And yes Pomme, I agree. Stewart would be a blast in bed.

Posted by: Rob | Sep 20, 2012 8:23:28 AM

10. Hey thanks for putting this together. I know it would have taken you a while.

Posted by: UMESH | Jan 17, 2013 7:12:25 AM