Adam Lambert | Maryland | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adam Lambert is an 'Outlaw of Love' for Marriage Equality in Maryland: VIDEO

A_lambert

Adam Lambert hit Washington DC's 9:30 Club last night for a benefit show for Marylanders for Marriage Equality in support of Question 6, the referendum on Maryland's Civil Marriage Protection Act.

Before launching into a gorgeous rendition of his track "Outlaws of Love", Lambert spoke powerfully to the crowd about the issue: "It has nothing to do with the partisan [politics]. It's a human rights issue."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, earlier this week Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley said that $2 million more dollars needed to be raised:

“We’re continuing to raise every day in every way, but I really want to make it clear here that we have the ability to pass this in Maryland,” he told LGBT reporters and bloggers from across the country during a Marylanders for Marriage Equality conference call. “It is keeping with the character of our state. It will protect rights equally under the law while protecting religious liberty. That’s why our state was founded to begin with, but we do need to raise money here. We do need to raise another couple of million dollars, and if we’re able to do that I believe that we will pass this. And raising those dollars is critically important for our ability to be able to defend this at the ballot.”

Meanwhile, a new poll is out from Gonzales Research & Marketing Strategies: "Fifty-one percent say they will vote to uphold the state’s same-sex marriage law, while 43 percent say they will vote against it. Six percent are undecided. The law would allow gay nuptials to begin in January."

Comments

1. It's sad to think that Adam has been rejected by the ultra-conservative music industry. The Hollywood movie industry might be more accepting of him, however. Forget the music industry - it's to the Right of Genghis Khan.

Posted by: jason | Sep 26, 2012 10:02:06 AM

2. I agree Jason. It's disgusting that the music heard on radio is auto-tuned to hell and back and a brilliant artist like Lambert who sings like an angel is relegated to "also-ran" by radio. I truly think it's because he's so openly, UN-apologetically and proudly gay.
    Even when he fronted legendary rock band Queen in 6 wildly, critically acclaimed and successful concerts in Eastern Europe and the UK, mainstream news coverage was non-existent.Any other American singer fronting Queen would have made ALL the news outlets.It just makes me furious!

Posted by: RedRoseQueen1 | Sep 26, 2012 11:00:46 AM

3. Love him....Simply beautiful in every possible way.

Posted by: Nina | Sep 26, 2012 11:07:07 AM

4. I have come to really respect the guy. I didn't at first. I thought him to be shallow but I now see he's anything but shallow. I do think a lot of PD's are purposely not playing him on the radio. Some have outright admitted it. Others have played coy. The ones who have outright admitted it (one from DC) has said it's because he thinks his listeners will get mad (though they seem not to care about Chris Brown). Another from Alabama said he'd never play his music because he is gay. They admit to it. They best we can do as a community is support our own. But I don't even see that happening. Instead I see people like Perez Hilton taking swipes at Lambert every chance he can because he holds a personal grudge. Frankly, I find the whole thing sad.

Posted by: Carlton | Sep 26, 2012 11:33:32 AM

5. I hear Frank Schubert was in Maryland.

Posted by: CGD | Sep 26, 2012 12:16:34 PM

6. That poll is seriously pissing me off. Do anything you can people to get it passed!!!

Posted by: Anthony | Sep 26, 2012 1:06:47 PM

7. So beautiful!!! The song and the man! Adam is a role model that all could look up to. To me, he represents honesty and kindness. His voice is icing on the cake....untouchable.

Posted by: javo | Sep 26, 2012 1:33:05 PM

8. Adam's 2nd album TRESPASSING has at least four mainstream hits on it, and radio stations won't play it. Adam is a Grammy nominee (for "Whadaya Want From Me") and he can't get air play. Wonder why? Clear Channel is known to be run by conservative men. Clear Channel controls the radio play of most of the big radio stations in the country. Adam personally visited many radio stations before the album's release to get them to play his songs, and they're not. Wonder why? Even the big gay DJs are not playing the remixes, which would make them dance hits in the same way they made "Let's Have a Kiki" #1. The guy has nowhere near the respect he deserves as an artist. Gay men could band together and make him the star he deserves to be, but they don't support him. If gay men supported gay artists the same way they support women, this wouldn't be a problem. But it continues to be. Homophobia, both of the overt and internalized kind, is the culprit.

Posted by: Jim | Sep 26, 2012 1:57:31 PM

9. i find is so sad and disgusting also that clear channel radio stations shunn the best vocalist in the business today. The rest of the world is embracing adam, except for his own country. They all shunned Elvis in the beginning so there is hope. yet they constantly play hate rap lyrics that are completely mindless???

Posted by: adam-4-ever | Sep 26, 2012 3:46:15 PM

10. Adam's voice is a God given blessing, he is the most talented performer in music. I believe his mission is to bring us joy with his voice as well as spread love and acceptance to all through his music, honesty and openness.

Posted by: Mary | Sep 26, 2012 4:05:09 PM

11. It's indeed pathetic if this huge talent can't get any airplay in America. Turn on any station here in Denmark on any given day, and you are bound to hear an Adam Lambert song at some point, luckily. We love him here.

Posted by: DeeperStill | Sep 26, 2012 4:12:26 PM

12. I agree with all of the comments posted. I knew Adam from his work in LA before Idol and thought he was very brave and amazing then. As a gay man, the nasty bottom feeders like the Perez Hilton's of the world are especially disgusting and sad to me. One thing: As someone who follows Adam very closely I have noticed and wonder why even his PR person, Shoshanna Stone at Outside Edge in London, retweets Perez Hilton tweets knowing full well how horrible and nasty he is to Adam. Why give PH any notice at all? I find this very disturbing.

Posted by: Jason H | Sep 26, 2012 6:21:41 PM

13. agree w/ Jason H - why is Shoshanna interacting w/ Perez Hilton at all? He should be banned everywhere as a terrible human being. Plus he is so obviously jealous of Adam; but no one pays much attention to him in any serious way.

Posted by: Suzie | Sep 26, 2012 10:19:36 PM

14. I am in San Jose, CA and my local HAC station will not play Adam's music. Whenever I requested him, the DJ would moan and groan and lie and say he was already played, but when I look at the playlist, he was not. This is a station that Adam actually visited. He gets absolutely no respect. I know it cannot be an Idol stigma because they loved playing Kris Allen. At least SF was much better. There were two stations there that played him quite often.

I have now seen Adam over 30 times live, including one of the Queen concerts. Roger Taylor was right. He said Adam has a one in 100 million voice. And Brian says he's never heard a voice like Adam's in his entire life. It's too bad his own country is not appreciating it. I wouldn't blame him if he moved overseas.

Posted by: Mandy | Sep 26, 2012 11:54:09 PM

15. I do think adam should move overseas, at this point. What can we do as fans to let these radio stations know- we are onto thier blackballing adam on all radio stations? Someone must know what to do, I don't?

Posted by: adam-4-ever | Sep 27, 2012 1:05:59 AM

16. I know one thing the LGBT community CAN do. BUY his album "Trespassing" and encourage ALL your friends to do the same and ask them to encourage THEIR friends and so on. In that way, his increased sales numbers won't just be a sign of his already established fan base, but rather a sign that he is bigger than the DJs and PDs assumed and will stop ignoring him just BECAUSE he is openly gay! Start a movement to support his music people!
    That is how changes take place..a groundswell of support. Hell, the cost of a CD either physical or downloaded from iTunes is apx. $10. The LGBT community has an economic demographic that makes more money per capita than the hetero one, so JUST DO IT! You'll be supporting a visible member of the community and at the same time you'll enjoy the music, a win-win!

Posted by: RedRoseQueen1 | Sep 27, 2012 10:26:19 AM

17. I have to wonder why North America (which includes Canada) will waste their time and brain cells following the antics of PH (male) and PH (female). Both mindless idiots get news and music radio coverage in the gay and straight communities. On the other hand, Adam is so talented and entertaining, and is head and shoulders beyond their league yet he is snubbed by the same radio stations.

Why is openly gay fuckwit Perez Hilton acceptable to the news and music industry but not Adam? What exactly is PH's contribution to society?

Posted by: Mairin | Sep 27, 2012 6:38:24 PM

18. @majrin- I totally agree and it's just as mind-boggling that all these rap dreadful songs go straight to number 1. I don't have any answers anymore and I've given up trying to understand society sometimes. I will just enjoy adam and his singing and interviews and anything else I can get on him and be happy at this point I guess.

Posted by: adam-4-ever | Sep 27, 2012 11:31:18 PM

19. Really like him. But the PTB are about making $$$. His boldness is why his great second album isn't selling. That's why it took so long for it to be released--each time he shows up on the red carpet hand-in-hand with his boyfriend, the PTB see their investment and sales sink.

Posted by: Lynn | Sep 29, 2012 6:30:42 PM

20. It is heartwarming to see these comments in support of Adam Lambert on this website. Playing nice with radio does not work--his fans are made fun of, ignored, treated in a condescending way--I sometimes think radio needs to be called out for its blackballing--tired of hearing he is not played because he is not a "core artist". Well if he isn't it is because radio doesn't give his music a chance to be heard--that is called Circular Reasoning. His management needs to step up and give him the promo he deserves instead of leaving most of it to his fans. Just saying

Posted by: Mal | Oct 6, 2012 11:27:02 PM