2012 Election | Barack Obama | Madonna | News

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna Urges Fans to Vote for the 'Black Muslim in the White House': VIDEO

Muslim_madonna

Madonna's heart is in the right place it's just the express herself bit that's gone a bit weird.

Writes The Atlantic:

Thanks to her terrible delivery, it's hard to tell whether Madonna is being sarcastic and mocking people who think Obama is a Muslim (yes people still do) or if Madonna actually believes President Obama is a Muslim (he isn't). Hey, she even confused Politico. "That means there is hope in this country," she said. Add in the mega church-like cheering, and her other reasons to vote for Obama (that Obama is fighting for gay rights)—and three things become apparent in this video: (1) Madonna is endorsing Obama. (2) If Madonna is wrong, no one is going to tell Madonna she's wrong. (3) History class with Madonna would probably be really great.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The Atlantic needs to get a clue.

Posted by: Brent | Sep 25, 2012 11:40:40 AM

2. Why is this news? Madonna clearly knows that Obama is not a muslim.

Posted by: John | Sep 25, 2012 11:40:52 AM

3. Uh,oh, the Norma Desmond phase is starting to set in. It happens to some of the greatest.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 25, 2012 11:42:48 AM

4. She's being sarcastic of course, taking a jab at all the ignorant Americans that think Obama is a Muslim. Madonna is no dummy, or she wouldn't be where she is today.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 25, 2012 11:43:09 AM

5. Trying so hard to be relevant.

I feel like I married Madonna as a teenager, and over 30 years as I have gotten to know her, loved her less and less...and find the quirks about her that I loved now to be annoying as hell.

Posted by: qjersey201@gmail.com | Sep 25, 2012 11:45:49 AM

6. She's ready for her close-up, Mr. DeMille.

Posted by: Grant | Sep 25, 2012 11:46:46 AM

7. True that that's it, Jack M., but...you know, maybe she shouldn't have said that. WE might get what she means, but some others will think she was dead serious.

Posted by: Yupp | Sep 25, 2012 11:55:25 AM

8. Of course she's joking. I made the same joke to my extended-amily members in MIchigan.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Sep 25, 2012 11:56:37 AM

9. Her granny panties were slipping off and she lost focus and misspoke.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 25, 2012 12:31:43 PM

10. Obama is a Muslim and I can assure you that nobody sane is voting for him! He has proven what an elitist jerk he is. This latest snub of the Prime Minister to Israel is unforgivable. The list of Obama negatives would stretch longer than the dead sea scrolls.

Posted by: Johnny | Sep 25, 2012 12:31:44 PM

11. why could a muslim not be president? I know some muslims that would make much better presidents than some of the WASP parade weve had for... oh the rest of the country's history (save kennedy)

I am drafting my tearful, behind a curtain LEAVE MADONNA ALONE video as we speak :b

Posted by: MaddM@ | Sep 25, 2012 12:42:07 PM

12. Johnny, please explain how not meeting with Netanyahoo is a bad thing. We shouldn't want any part in the war he's trying to start with Iran.

Posted by: David | Sep 25, 2012 1:09:04 PM

13. UH, Johnny, you think he's more of an elitist than Romney, then? After his daily mis speakings are presented to us? Even if he is an elitist, he hides it far better than Romney does.

As for Madge, there was a time when her politics really had resonance and wanted to invoke change. Sadly, life in her crystal castle has taken that away from her and now any political statements are more about her need to stay relavant than any actual message. That whole clip was a shambles.

Posted by: Tim | Sep 25, 2012 1:14:33 PM

14. Hi, I'm a very unique individual and, as such, I would like to uniquely point out that Madonna is both old and trying to stay relevant.

This is the only thing I have to say about her and I'm considering posting the exact same thing on every article I read about her. I'll feel good about myself and people will really respect me.

Posted by: Kevin B | Sep 25, 2012 1:44:39 PM

15. sarcasm people.

Posted by: Bosie | Sep 25, 2012 3:29:24 PM

16. What a senile hag!
    But, it's thoughts that count...or NOT!

Posted by: Iban4yesu | Sep 25, 2012 3:29:46 PM

17. She finally took a stand on something ? It only took 30 years.....

Posted by: Icebloo | Sep 25, 2012 4:51:48 PM

18. Love her support for Obama.

Posted by: Pauly G | Sep 25, 2012 5:21:18 PM

19. Icebloo... just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it true. Madonna has stood for gay rights, women's rights, AIDS/hunger/education in Africa... the list goes on. She is one of a few pop stars who truly have made and continue to make a difference throughout her whole career, pretty much from Holiday to MDNA. Most pop stars are too self-involved to care, or too scared to lose potential fans to voice an opinion on anything. Sometimes she doesn't get the message across right, but she's done a hell of a lot more positive things in the world than a bunch of trolls bitching about her on blogs and calling her old and irrelevant. Tell that to the sales ranking of her tour, which outsold EVERYONE else's tour in the first half of 2012... even Lady Xerox's... irrelavant my ass.

Posted by: graphicjack | Sep 25, 2012 10:04:25 PM

20. Madonna is an idiot . Breibart and the right blogosphere will love this braindead quote.

Posted by: Molc | Sep 26, 2012 3:29:57 AM

21. So tired of this old hag.

Posted by: Yawn | Sep 26, 2012 4:42:08 AM

22. Madonna: "Obama the black muslim"

Right wing Media: Silly Madonna, OBAMA'S NOT A MUSLIM!! ....yep.

Now every story running this news gets to have an easy jab at Madonna while pointing out Obama isn't a Muslim. C'mon she knows what she's doing.

Posted by: Jason | Sep 26, 2012 8:46:56 AM

23. It was a very obvious(though not really clever or funny) joke, how did people not get this?

Posted by: Bryan | Sep 26, 2012 4:19:08 PM