Comments

1. AngelaChanning says

Actually, the example of showing courage by standing at the alter probably had more of a connection than say mentioning Stonewall, which, unfortunately, many viewers, may not fully understand.

2. banshiii says

and if proud Americans can be who they are and boldly stand at the altar with who they love…then surely, surely we can give everyone in this country a fair chance at that great American Dream.

3. says

Thank you, Michelle. I am not American, but I count on America to lead the way in social progress. What your husband has done so far is show to the world the best side of the American character, after inheriting the consequences of most of its worst in the last two hundred years.

4. Markus says

Unfortunately for her, “Bur-rock”, and the fawning panty-wetting media, people are still unemployed, businesses closing and fortunes evaporating. We don’t give a sh!t about your dating history and that he’s a saint.

5. i could go on, but I won't says

The unfortunate times we live in are the result of the Republican policies carried out for eight unrelenting years. Unrelenting, that is, until the very end of Bush’s term when the sh*t hit the fan so bad they were forced in a panic to act to keep the financial system from collapsing. Marcus, do you think that had anything to do with your current problem?

Then Obama cleaned up the mess. And now we are beginning to see daylight at the end of that dark long tunnel of Republican control of the government.

If a Republican really wants to worry about something worry about Michelle. I think she’s the next Hilary Clinton. Maybe years from now running for the Senate. She’s a natural.

6. Bobby says

One of the best most inspirational speeches I’ve ever heard. She’s beautiful, honest and probably the best First Lady America has ever had.

Yes, there are people still unemployed, but look no further than the GOP to see why.

7. says

J’adore this woman.

Her incredible words, of course, are drawing nothing but anger from the conservative white boys who are furious that this Liberal Black First Family show more grace, love and support to the LGBT community than their own white conservative families ever have and ever will.

Love ya Obamas!

8. breckroy says

Best speech I’ve ever heard by a first lady ever and better than many, many politicians I’ve heard. She’s really come into her own and reminded me how wrong I was when I viewed her as an icy b*tch who was a liability to her husband. How wrong and judgemental I was.

9. M. Scott Hernandez says

Mrs O’s dress (made by an African-American woman) = $350. vs Ann’s dress (made by Oscar de la Renta, from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) = $1500. Sound middle class to me. NOT!

10. atheist says

I caught Michelle Obama’s speech on getting kids moving on youtube and it was stunningly brilliant; I was mesmerised. she really understood the issues and was genuinely passionate about the subject. you can see why she’s a lawyer..