AIDS/HIV | GLAAD | News | Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton Apologizes for Telling Cab Driver Gays are Disgusting' and 'Most Have AIDS'

Here's Paris Hilton's apology to GLAAD, "from the bottom of my heart" for her remarks to a cabbie that "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. They're disgusting. Dude, most of them probably have AIDS," before adding, "I would be so scared if I were a gay guy. You'll like, die of AIDS."

HiltonSays Hilton in her statement:

As anyone close to me knows, I always have been and always will be a huge supporter of the gay community. I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning. I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word.

HIV/AIDS can hurt anyone, gay and straight, men and women. It's something I take very seriously and should not have been thrown around in conversation.

Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know. It is so wrong when people bully or put down others for being gay. No one should have to go through that. Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way.

Thank you for taking a minute to read this, I love you.

She loves you. At least while she's in front of the camera muzzled by a piece of 'NoH8' duct tape.

Comments

1. That Spinster will never find a good hairdresser, ever.

Posted by: Crixi Van Cheek | Sep 21, 2012 8:10:46 AM

2. I demand a stupid spoiled whore contest with Mr. Slave!

Posted by: EO | Sep 21, 2012 8:23:09 AM

3. OK, let it rest. This is a non-story, and the real questions should be directed at the cab driver who recorded a private conversation without their consent.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 21, 2012 8:32:11 AM

4. Please! Not Again. Just spare us of this horror.

Posted by: xin | Sep 21, 2012 8:32:15 AM

5. She is an attention whore publicity seeking twit.....she should focus on her own problems of being born wealthy and no knowing what to do with herself....hey! I have an idea...go get educated...bleh she gives the shivers every time I see her..

Posted by: Puck | Sep 21, 2012 8:33:51 AM

6. CONTINUED:

The cab driver in my state could be criminally charged because it's a crime to record a conversation minus all party's consent. Even the cab company could be civilly sued, which she and her companion should consider doing.

ALL people, especially well known so-called public figures should of course be well aware there is in 2012 [because of technology] no real privacy in public. Almost everybody carries some kind of device that can record conversations, take pics and video, on them, and cams are everywhere, often hidden.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 21, 2012 8:35:52 AM

7. I feel a tiny weeny bit sorry for her. Solely because her words got partially misconstrued. Based on the several sources I read including her "gay friend" in the cab with her, she basically was talking about some guy that they know who is HIV-positive using grindr to seek out people to have unprotected sex with.

But just a teeny weeny bit. Like 0.01%. Because overall, she was still making a very derogatory sweeping statement about guys who use grindr, she still made an extremely reckless comment about gay men having HIV, and she still very much made comments that are hateful towards those who do have HIV. I don't think she was trying to slight the entire gay community but she is definitely a very, very ignorant person. But I think we all already knew that.

Posted by: Francis | Sep 21, 2012 8:45:12 AM

8. Whore off!

Posted by: esperando | Sep 21, 2012 8:51:48 AM

9. She apologized for "telling a cab driver....."
    What? She wasn't talking to him. It was a private conversation the cabbie taped and sold. A private conversation with a gay friend , if I read the story correctly.

Posted by: MarkUs | Sep 21, 2012 9:03:49 AM

10. I actually think she should be given a pass on this one. This was a private conversation, and who hasn't said something in a private conversation that could be construed as insensitive? You might argue that this is how she "really feels" but I'm not interested in policing people's thoughts and neither should anyone else be. This is not a public statement like the baseball player with the homophobic eye black. And besides, she's clearly pretty ok with gay people. She's completely stupid, but we should just drop this.

Posted by: Zell | Sep 21, 2012 9:09:10 AM

11. I'm not going to waste resentment or forgiveness on this skank.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 21, 2012 9:10:43 AM

12. Why should anyone care what this bimbo says in a cab to a friend?

Posted by: Joe in CT | Sep 21, 2012 9:13:23 AM

13. What was the point of re-writing the story to make it now appear she was in the cab by herself spouting off gay hate to the cab driver? Well, I know the point. To make her look worse. As if that was necessary.

Posted by: MarkUs | Sep 21, 2012 9:20:46 AM

14. This makes me feel so much better. I'll sleep well tonight. What bothers me more than Hilton's ridiculous comment (btw, the cabbie recorded this conversation between Paris and her model friend - it wasn't said TO THE CABBIE) are the comments to the story at radaronline. Don't know how I found my way there but what a bunch of nasties.

Posted by: Gigi | Sep 21, 2012 9:25:01 AM

15. Is it me or does this prove that those NoH8 pics have become the Livestrong bracelets for us. People do them to be trendy, but most don't really care/know about the message.

Posted by: Hugh | Sep 21, 2012 9:29:06 AM

16. Oh come on. She was talking (stupidly) about guys on grindr. My gay friends - and myself included probably - have said worse off the cuff remarks.

She has a well documented history of being very pro gay. Frankly, I'm not at ALL concerned about what she said as it pales in comparison to the rabidly and genuinely anti-gay forces in American politics. Give Paris a pass on this one!

Posted by: Rob H | Sep 21, 2012 9:30:10 AM

17. Really Andy?!!! Talk about spinning and twisting the story! She was talking to a gay friend and the cab driver recorded her. And she wasn't talking about all gay men, she was talking about the sk@nks that hook up in bathrooms and bushes!! Wow. Bad reporting, bad story. I suggest you take it down, dude.

Posted by: AJ | Sep 21, 2012 9:37:35 AM

18. The headline is the worst part of this story, as others have mentioned. In no way did she "tell the cabdriver" these things, he eavesdropped and taped her, which is just creepy.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 21, 2012 9:51:43 AM

19. Wait a second here with the outrage fellas...she's kind of right. Gay men posting pictures on a location based app advertising their a$$ for a quick fu#% IS THE DEFINITION OF BEING A WHORE. It IS disgusting and it IS a way to get an STD. Having sex with strangers is dangerous. I don't understand why we in the gay community have to say everything we do is ok. It's not! I certainly don't hope to one day find my dream man as a torso on Grindr. Stop attacking her for saying exactly what many gay men are already saying. Grindr is a hookup app and it's pathetic and for trashy whores. Period. Now I'm angry I had to agree wih Paris Hilton about something.

Posted by: Hunter | Sep 21, 2012 9:55:47 AM

20. If she said it in private then she's thought it in public. Assuming she thinks. Also assuming anyone really cares. But the only fitting end to this story is Paris becoming infected with HIV. I'll buy her apology then.

Posted by: Donald | Sep 21, 2012 10:10:05 AM

21. Ladies and gentleman, your former West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade Grand Marshall...

Let's do a better job of vetting who we honor and look up to. Everything about this story is disgusting.

Posted by: Vincent | Sep 21, 2012 10:14:00 AM

22. "our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community." LOL. Idiot.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Sep 21, 2012 10:18:54 AM

23. um. wasn't she the poster girl for unprotected sex?

Posted by: doug | Sep 21, 2012 10:27:55 AM

24. who is she?

Posted by: walt | Sep 21, 2012 10:40:33 AM

25. This is so ridiculous. She was talking about a specific kind of Grindr user, not all gays. And who cares what she thinks anyway?

Posted by: DanSwon | Sep 21, 2012 10:55:35 AM