Democratic National Convention | Democratic Party | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Gay Marriage | News | Pat Robertson

BigGayDeal.com

Pat Robertson Alarmed by Democratic Party's Pursuit of Gays, Godlessness: VIDEO

Robertson

This morning I noted the right-wing brouhaha over the removal of the words "God-given" from the Democratic Party Platform which Pat Robertson made note of as well, Right Wing Watch reports.

Said Robertson on The 700 Club:

Back in the 1850s or 60s there was a charge that one party was the party of rum, Romanism and rebellion. I don’t know what you label the Democrats now but it’s the party of gays, godlessness and whatever else. I mean, same-sex marriage is in the platform, they want to go along with that as a right, I’m just astounded.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And don't miss Ari's piece today on the changing Democratic Party platform.

Comments

1. ah... where is good ole Dr. Kevorkian when you need him?

Posted by: D. W. Skinner | Sep 5, 2012 12:59:06 PM

2. Yeah. And the GOP is running on a platform that's an affront to evrything attributed to Christ in their precious, yet decidedly unopened, bibles. No aiding the sick, the poor, the needy. Leaving folks destitute and homeless. Making people pay impossibly high rates for healthcare, and then barely having it cover treatments.

That's what makes America Godless, Patty.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Sep 5, 2012 1:03:22 PM

3. A befuddled old relic.

Posted by: VDUFFORD | Sep 5, 2012 1:06:56 PM

4. If he doesn't like it, he can go meet his maker. Anytime.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 5, 2012 1:08:46 PM

5. I wish we'd stop giving this relic airtime.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 5, 2012 1:09:50 PM

6. Sweet Jesus !
    I'm so bored with this Jurassic cretin !

@LITTLE KIWI:
    Yep, as Holden Caulfield said : "Old Jesus would just puke." ( Thanks Tim for that quote, it will never die.)

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 5, 2012 1:11:04 PM

7. Pat Pat Pat - you're sooo Long Over-due to for your Eternal Dirt Nap

Posted by: Disgusted American | Sep 5, 2012 1:11:41 PM

8. I am astonished he thinks his religious views should be law.

Posted by: trees | Sep 5, 2012 1:23:02 PM

9. Don't be shocked. Things change. No one cares what you think. You will soon be forgotten and assigned to the dustbin of history.

Posted by: simon | Sep 5, 2012 1:24:02 PM

10. These old dudes can't croak soon enough for me.

Posted by: Chad | Sep 5, 2012 1:27:41 PM

11. Why isn't he dead yet? Since when is it possible for a person born in the 1800s to live this long?

Posted by: Miguel | Sep 5, 2012 1:35:29 PM

12. I hate to say it but when this guy is dead and gone I will not miss him. I will not miss seeing his troll face on this site. And an era/chapter of bigotry and hate will be gone.

Posted by: Christian | Sep 5, 2012 1:36:37 PM

13. I want him to live a long life into his 100s. I want him to see gay marriage enacted into law and I want him to see the first woman and Latino presidents. And then I want him to see the 700 Club headquarters destroyed in a hurricane and THEN I want him to die.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 5, 2012 1:42:46 PM

14. It's a disgrace that the Republican Party didn't have him at their convention. As much as Reverend Robertson has done for them. Ungrateful sinners.

They should have put the good Reverend on stage in a rocking chair...next Clint Eastwood's empty chair. It would have been a hit.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 5, 2012 1:49:16 PM

15. Kane, from Poltergeist II, anyone?

"God is innnn, his hooooly templeeee"

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Sep 5, 2012 1:54:36 PM

16. We can take comfort that there's a special place in Hell reserved for those of Robertson's ilk. I offer my prayers for his speedy demise, o lord!

Posted by: cbhermey | Sep 5, 2012 1:58:30 PM

17. George Santayana said, "Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it."

talk about deja vu - the 'rum, Romanism & rebellion' line was used during the 1896 election, spoken by a minister at a meeting of Republicans talking about Democrats!

it was used in various forms earlier beginning after the Civil War by the Republicans. talk about ignoring the past...

Posted by: mike/ | Sep 5, 2012 2:06:13 PM

18. I don't even start to think what kind of world he would like to live.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 5, 2012 2:09:25 PM

19. Anyone to rile up Pat Robertson is fine with me.

Posted by: john patrick | Sep 5, 2012 2:17:13 PM

20. I second John Patrick's observation: if you're pissing off the religious whack jobs, you're obviously doing something right.

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Sep 5, 2012 2:18:30 PM

21. Is this how he looks? ugh. Even ugliness would be ashamed of people calling him ugly inside out.

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 5, 2012 2:21:20 PM

22. Pat...we'd be astounded, if you weren't astounded.

Posted by: Taylor | Sep 5, 2012 2:39:31 PM

23. People watching him were never going to vote for Obama anyway. Nothing to see here, keep moving along...

Posted by: Craig | Sep 5, 2012 2:46:14 PM

24. I like that he couldn't come up for his third G in his alliteration. Gynecologists?

Posted by: Mike | Sep 5, 2012 2:47:26 PM

25. He would remember who called who what in the 1800's, since he was there. He never ages, maybe he is satan in disguise, remember satan can do that you know.

Posted by: DF | Sep 5, 2012 3:06:18 PM