Comments

1. says

Yeah. And the GOP is running on a platform that’s an affront to evrything attributed to Christ in their precious, yet decidedly unopened, bibles. No aiding the sick, the poor, the needy. Leaving folks destitute and homeless. Making people pay impossibly high rates for healthcare, and then barely having it cover treatments.

That’s what makes America Godless, Patty.

2. Christian says

I hate to say it but when this guy is dead and gone I will not miss him. I will not miss seeing his troll face on this site. And an era/chapter of bigotry and hate will be gone.

3. Gregoire says

I want him to live a long life into his 100s. I want him to see gay marriage enacted into law and I want him to see the first woman and Latino presidents. And then I want him to see the 700 Club headquarters destroyed in a hurricane and THEN I want him to die.

4. Derrick from Philly says

It’s a disgrace that the Republican Party didn’t have him at their convention. As much as Reverend Robertson has done for them. Ungrateful sinners.

They should have put the good Reverend on stage in a rocking chair…next Clint Eastwood’s empty chair. It would have been a hit.

5. mike/ says

George Santayana said, “Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.”

talk about deja vu – the ‘rum, Romanism & rebellion’ line was used during the 1896 election, spoken by a minister at a meeting of Republicans talking about Democrats!

it was used in various forms earlier beginning after the Civil War by the Republicans. talk about ignoring the past…

6. jamal49 says

Dear Pat:

Matthew 6:5-7

You need to reread those verses. They do apply to you. You are the biggest, most vile hypocrite of all.

For the record, I’ll stick with the Democratic Party and those who don’t feel obligated to wear their faith(s) on their sleeves but keep it to themselves and instead choose to do good works and make ours a more just and equitable society.

Pat, you and the republicons, in your despicable greed and pettiness, deserve each other.

“Hypocrites fill their heads with doctrines while their hearts are empty.”–Author unknown

7. SFshawn says

What a hateful,ugly and godless man.
    Do all ‘christians’ have that bug-eyed(I’m on some serious drugs) look???????
    They always just look like crazed zombies to me and then they open their mouth with such inane stupidity that their sanity really does come into question.

8. Mary says

Was he alarmed when Sarah Palin paraded around a pregnant unmarried daughter at the Republican convention 4 years ago along with the baby daddy and then lied to us saying her daughter and the boy were going to get married? When the 2012 Republican convention gave prime speaking time to the amphibian Newt Gingrich and his THIRD wife Callista? Oh, yes,…I see. Both situations displayed family values so beautifully, right Pat?

There are times when I’m ashamed to be a Republican.

9. i could go on, but I won't says

Romanism? Referring to the Catholic church maybe?

Or, was old Pat confusing it with rum, sodomy and the lash? A fine naval tradition during his youth, lol.

10. andrew says

Just more rantings from a man who believes that the creator, if there be one, of the billion gallaxy universe inspired men to write a collection of books filled with myths, made up bloody history, lies and contradictions that some folks call “The Holy Bible”.

11. Diogenes Arktos says

“I hate to say it but when this guy is dead and gone….[A]n era/chapter of bigotry and hate will be gone.”

Sorry, Christian, he has far too many acolytes and accomplices — this era of bigotry is destined to continue long into the future. (*sigh*)

@Andrew: please compare apples to apples: fundmentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims.

12. JVKL says

So Marion Robber’s Son is shocked that the Democratic Party rightfully support LGBT rights? This old fart sucker isn’t happy unless he can spout his filthy hate and push his deluded beliefs on the rest of society. His loss won’t be too great as he is quite an evil old geezer.