Music | Music Video | News | Pet Shop Boys

Pet Shop Boys Premiere Music Video for 'Leaving': WATCH

Psb_leaving

The Pet Shop Boys released the video for their new single "Leaving" this morning, an impressionistic journey through urban train stations that provides an appropriate backdrop for the track's themes of love, loss, death, and immortality.

Two artwork covers have been created for the single, below.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Psb_lowe Psb_tennant

Comments

1. Those train stations are in Berlin -- not London.

Posted by: esque | Oct 1, 2012 9:42:34 AM

2. Great song,but London train stations? I don't think so.

Posted by: Sylvatica | Oct 1, 2012 9:49:19 AM

3. Are gays supposed to like the Pet Shop Boys? I keep listening to any song posted on Towleroad, but I have never once heard anything by the Pet Shop Boys that I would consider a good song. They seem to be stuck in the mindlessly forgettable 80's rut...

Posted by: Terry | Oct 1, 2012 11:16:37 AM

4. Hey Terry, are PSB just for gays? What a stupid comment you left.

If you don't like them, why the disparaging comment?

Posted by: marc | Oct 1, 2012 11:23:23 AM

5. 'Cause that's how I feel. I'm wondering if they are actually enjoyed by people on this site, since they are continually covered.

Posted by: Terry | Oct 1, 2012 11:27:11 AM

6. Yes, Terry, gay men do enjoy listening to the Pet Shop Boys, who frequently perform songs about being gay.

Shocking concept, I know.

Posted by: endo | Oct 1, 2012 11:45:49 AM

7. Also, yes Terry, gay people are required to like the Pet Shop Boys. Then they're allowed to choose between Madonna or Lady Gaga. That's it.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 1, 2012 11:52:20 AM

8. Yes Terry, just like the folks who enjoy Madonna who is also covered on this site quite often.

Posted by: marc | Oct 1, 2012 12:22:54 PM

9. Ok boys. Settle down. I get it. My bad. Enjoy those tuneless songs.

Posted by: Terry | Oct 1, 2012 12:58:56 PM

10. Great song, kinda lame video, but when the subject is death one cant expect rainbows and puppies. The whole album is amazing. Its a grower for sure. Wonderfully produced and well crafted songs. The PSB continue to evolve and amaze. That's why they are the most popular music duo in UK history.

Posted by: Layrrockett | Oct 1, 2012 1:03:19 PM

11. Thanks Terry, will do!

Posted by: marc | Oct 1, 2012 2:05:39 PM

12. @TERRY: I don't know what you are listening to, buddy, but the '80s electro-pop sound' came back in a BIG way a few years ago (and is still going strong) among indie/alternative darlings such as Cold Cave, The Horrors, The Presets, The Naked And Famous, LCD Soundsystem, Cornelius, Ladytron, Pulp, Crystal Castles, The Presets, etc... And if you've never heard any of those acts, then maybe you should put down the GaGa and get out more often. ;-)

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 1, 2012 2:28:39 PM

13. I still love Old Pet Shop Boys - but the new stuff rarely catches my interest.

Posted by: fanboi | Oct 1, 2012 4:20:59 PM