Armie Hammer | Film | Johnny Depp | News

BigGayDeal.com

Trailer for Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp's 'The Lone Ranger' Rides In: VIDEO

Loneranger

Armie Hammer wears a mask and Johnny Depp dons a crow in the new trailer for Jerry Bruckheimer's upcoming The Lone Ranger. The film also stars Helena Bonham Carter and Tom Wilkinson, and opens next July.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I will watch Armie Hammer do almost anything, except that horrible Mirror Mirror movie that I couldnt even finish watching

Posted by: Jerry | Oct 3, 2012 11:01:09 AM

2. Someone should have told Johnny Depp to cut it out with the clown makeup five movies ago.

Posted by: adamblast | Oct 3, 2012 11:09:07 AM

3. @Adamblast: People want to be entertained, fella! Johnny seems to be doing a pretty good job, and we like it. Have you made movies that grossed over a billion dollars? Hmmm? Just wondering.

Posted by: RWG | Oct 3, 2012 11:21:40 AM

4. Depp looks ridiculous.

Posted by: Ken | Oct 3, 2012 11:32:10 AM

5. @RWG: You don't have to be a hen to judge an egg. Depp looks perfectly idiotic. His ongoing freakshow style of "acting" has more than worn out its welcome.

Posted by: jomicur | Oct 3, 2012 11:39:26 AM

6. Is there any chance of a cameo by the mysterious one-shot Ranger, Klinton Spilsbury?

Posted by: gregory brown | Oct 3, 2012 11:43:48 AM

7. Yeah, the white-face makeup is getting old on Depp.

New schtick, please.

Posted by: johnny | Oct 3, 2012 12:36:56 PM

8. @Jerry: I found MIRROR MIRROR to be charming, and much better than I expected. FAR better than the terrible SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN.

RIP Eiko Ishioka.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER I | Oct 3, 2012 12:42:17 PM

9. Yep, I was also surprised by Mirror, Mirror. Completely charming, perfect tone, and - of course - drop dead gorgeous to look at, as is typical of Tarsam. As is becoming typical of Armie Hammer, he's a joy to watch in anything he does ... so I'm tempted to see this. BUT, on the flip side, there's Bruckheimer (ugh), and Johnny Depp's very worn-out welcome when doing anything eccentric.

So it's a toss-up for now. I think I'll wait for word-of-mouth.

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 3, 2012 1:10:59 PM

10. I dunno, I was kinda hoping for a gay Tonto, I mean after Depp's gay pirate, but he could be "in the teepee" if you know what I mean.

Posted by: i could go on, but I won't | Oct 3, 2012 2:44:37 PM