2012 Election | Barack Obama | Libya | Mitt Romney | News

Romney Debate Blunder #1: Fact-Checked on Libya: VIDEOS

ROMNEY: I think it’s interesting that the president just said something which is on the day after the attack he went in the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.

OBAMA: That’s what I said.

YousaidROMNEY: You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack it was an act of terror? It was not a spontaneous demonstration? Is that what you’re saying?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

OBAMA: Get the transcript.

CROWLEY: He did in fact sir, so let me call it an act of terror and —

OBAMA: Can you say that a little louder Candy?

CROWLEY: He did call it an act of terror. It did as well two weeks or so for the whole idea of there being a riot out there about this tape to come out, you’re correct about that.

The Rose Garden on 9/12:

OBAMA: "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

Comments

1. I suspect that Romney told more lies in this debate than Ryan did in his. Yet, sadly, I doubt it will have any effect.

How can there still be undecided voters? Do those people just want to be on TV, or are simply morons?

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 17, 2012 7:37:56 AM

2. They sent Susan Rice on FIVE Sunday talk shows to say it was a demonstration against a video. In case you forgot (looks like you did), it will be dissected ad nauseum for the next two weeks.

Posted by: MarkUs | Oct 17, 2012 7:39:14 AM

3. Romney is such a tool. We don't need a President that shoots first and thinks about the consequences later.

Posted by: napro | Oct 17, 2012 7:46:40 AM

4. @MARKUS: I see you on these posts, but let me tell you -- the context around Libya is totally unimportant to this.

What Romney said repeatedly "for the record" is that Barack Obama did not say "act of terror". The FACT is that Obama did say "act of terror". So Romney was not correct.

Read the transcript above: Romney clearly says that the President did not say something that the President actually said. He was LYING or he was WRONG, which is why he was corrected.

Posted by: Strepsi | Oct 17, 2012 8:26:56 AM

5. acts of terror VS act of terrorism

semantics.

Posted by: Alex | Oct 17, 2012 8:52:15 AM

6. A summary of the three debates:

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Oct 17, 2012 9:29:02 AM

7. Obama responds and Romney reacts which is a main difference. That is why Romney gets himself into so much trouble. It is hard to believe how many lies he tells. I liked it when Obama said, "not true."

Posted by: Snoopy | Oct 17, 2012 10:14:49 AM

8. @MARKUS: People who can't spell latin words should refrain from using them lest they look uneducated as well as pompous.

Posted by: Ninong | Oct 17, 2012 7:09:02 PM

9. lol wow people are stupid obama lied more during the the debate and oh yea there's a mile long difference when u say no act of terror and no act of terrisom so romney was right and they were wrong he did not say act of terrisom and here a question if were producing more oil in our own country why are prices so high in my class my ap economics class it is clearly stated the higher the supply the lower the cost the lower the supply the higher the coast and what about the pipe line from Canada? if obama would have opened that up OMG look nearly 10m new jobs and gas prices goes lower then when he first took office wow that would have pushed him back in office so fast he wouldn't know what to do oh and if u want to look up what I said earlier look up something called law of supply and demand and another thing why can't obama defend his record? you Wana know why?? its so terrible there is.no defence nobody can defend that thing obama lied a lot and oh for thoes who say I think romney is perfect Hell no but if u do ur research and have half a brain knows obama isn't a good leader he went from unknown to senator to president and he shouldn't have even took office till he showed his birth certificate but people will argue different I do think romney said a few bad things but I'm tired of these last 4 years and I want someone who knows what we need to get back on track and I got all my chips on romney I believe if obama is reelected were going to see a very different man policies that will be devastating to the people and the country I did my research and picked what I liked

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 17, 2012 8:52:34 PM

10. lol wow people are stupid obama lied more during the the debate and oh yea there's a mile long difference when u say no act of terror and no act of terrisom so romney was right and they were wrong he did not say act of terrisom and here a question if were producing more oil in our own country why are prices so high in my class my ap economics class it is clearly stated the higher the supply the lower the cost the lower the supply the higher the coast and what about the pipe line from Canada? if obama would have opened that up OMG look nearly 10m new jobs and gas prices goes lower then when he first took office wow that would have pushed him back in office so fast he wouldn't know what to do oh and if u want to look up what I said earlier look up something called law of supply and demand and another thing why can't obama defend his record? you Wana know why?? its so terrible there is.no defence nobody can defend that thing obama lied a lot and oh for thoes who say I think romney is perfect Hell no but if u do ur research and have half a brain knows obama isn't a good leader he went from unknown to senator to president and he shouldn't have even took office till he showed his birth certificate but people will argue different I do think romney said a few bad things but I'm tired of these last 4 years and I want someone who knows what we need to get back on track and I got all my chips on romney I believe if obama is reelected were going to see a very different man policies that will be devastating to the people and the country I did my research and picked what I liked

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 17, 2012 8:52:37 PM

11. @RYAN- Dude, before you take any more economics classes or do more research, take a few basic grammar and writing classes. That is some of the most atrocious writing I've ever tried to wade through. If you want to make an argument, know how to communicate it.

Posted by: daryl3 | Oct 19, 2012 10:03:36 AM