Music | Music Video | News | Tom Goss

Tom Goss' Body is a Land of Make Believe: VIDEO

Goss

Gay singer-songwriter Tom Goss drops his latest music video for "Make Believe" today, which is told in a stop-motion tale on his body. In the animation, created by painter Scott G. Brooks, Goss' body becomes an island paradise on which an animated duo frolic among monsters, a dragon, a volcano and a bear-piloted airplane.

It was shot in one 80-minute take. Each second of video took 28 seconds to film. It was directed by Aram Vartian and Michael Key.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

You may want to revisit Goss' previous effort "It's All Over" and "Lover", his video about gay service members killed in battle and the partners they leave behind.

Comments

1. Cute! It's the gay "You're Body Is a Wonderland"

Posted by: Matt | Oct 29, 2012 1:16:23 PM

2. Wonderful. I checked out "Lover" and barely made it through the clip. I think I'll hold off and check out "It's All Over" later, once I've recovered from "Lover."

I haven't listened to popular music in literally years, but this is a singer I'm going to look for from now on.

Posted by: fritzrth | Oct 29, 2012 1:55:45 PM

3. Aw ... very sweet. The song, the boy, and the animation, nice package.

Posted by: Glenn I | Oct 29, 2012 2:44:10 PM

4. I got to see him perform in SF twice so far.... He's quite talented, and his music is engaging....

Nice, sexy video, too!

Posted by: TonyJazz | Oct 29, 2012 2:57:19 PM

5. I believe

Posted by: Gast | Oct 29, 2012 3:13:50 PM

6. Whoa, this guy is going places with a video this fresh, daring and fun, and did I mention tuneful? I've seen him perform in Seattle as well and what a sweet, pleasant chap he is, the embodiment of the gay guy without affectation who doesn't think that being gay makes him either special or afflicted. An NPH without the goofy bombast.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 29, 2012 4:49:10 PM

7. Apparently he's not ticklish...

Posted by: BobN | Oct 29, 2012 5:55:51 PM

8. He looks different from what I remember. Maybe he has on makeup.

Posted by: Billy | Oct 29, 2012 6:42:16 PM

9. Cute guy. Creative, attention grabbing video.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Oct 29, 2012 8:08:46 PM

10. The video is almost as adorable as he is. :)

Posted by: Dback | Oct 29, 2012 8:16:13 PM

11. He looks like a vanilla smoothy with mint scroll work. Super cute person and a great singer.

Posted by: FAN | Oct 30, 2012 1:25:34 AM

12. What an innovative idea! That is exactly like the Amanda Palmer video from this summer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZCadqQY-Lw (NSFW, because, surprise, nudity.)

Posted by: jd | Oct 30, 2012 4:59:26 AM

13. This is a good song, i like his voice...

Posted by: ty | Oct 30, 2012 2:11:28 PM

14. He is adorable... and knowing that he is married some two years to an equally adorable man which somewhat punctures the "gay" stereotype of who "should" be with whom. More power to you Tom! Inspiration par excellence!

Posted by: Perkin Warbeck | Oct 30, 2012 4:59:47 PM

15. PS: JD - wouldn't say it's EXACTLY like Amanda Palmer's video. You could say that Amandar Palmer's video is EXACTLY like Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" or "Steam" or "Big Time" or "Digging In The Dirt" - everything is derivative and not necessarily a bad thing

Posted by: Perkin Warbeck | Oct 30, 2012 5:26:47 PM

16. Stop motion vs stop motion painted on the singer's nude body like three months later is a pretty big distinction.

Posted by: jd | Oct 30, 2012 6:05:14 PM

17. We're also making a short video with a montage of clips of people from across the country speaking their favorite lines from Icarus writings. If you come out on Sunday we'll be filming footage for the video.

Posted by: http://www.achat-web.com | Jan 3, 2013 10:56:48 AM

18. I've seen him before; got on his mail list and have chatted with him from time to time about stuff related to music and touring and dealing with promoters and the like.

He's a really nice guy for the most part.

He tried chatting up my partner (who being who he is didn't even notice) which was funny.

I really hope LGBT music finally graduates from singer-songwriters strumming a guitar/whacking a piano.

Bands (you know, groups of folks playing together) that happen to have LGBT personnel and lyrics and a sound that is hooky and engaging is what I am hoping the scene moves toward.

And before you point out Melissa and kd and REM, those were major acts BEFORE the folks in them came out.

Not the same.

On a complete side note, I listened to this guy's 2006 debut and it was in a word: painful.

He's obviously had vocal lessons as his intonation and delivery is now on par with other professionals.

Hope he's around for years to come.

Posted by: YsoSerious | Jul 12, 2013 1:34:11 PM