2012 Election | Barack Obama | Jon Stewart | Mitt Romney | News | Ohio

BigGayDeal.com

'Daily Show' Agrees With Little Girl That Elections Are Hell: VIDEO

Cryinggirl

Four-year old Abby Evans' parents turned her into an internet star, and gave journalists material for a little electoral levity, when they filmed her crying over the constant conversations and coverage of those guys "Bronco Bamma" and Mitt Romney.

Seriously, who cares about them? Rainbow Bright and Strawberry Shortcake are where it's at! Why can't NPR talking about them?! Or am I dating myself?

The Daily Show understands young Abby's tears, and shares them, too. Jon Stewart and his team have explored the vast and cavernous lands known as swing states like Ohio and they have reached one conclusion: those poor suckers are living in a little place called hell. Godspeed, Abby.

Watch Abby's instantly famous breakdown and The Daily Show's usual deep analysis of swing state politics both AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. My friends in Colorado, grown-ups all, tell me to be grateful, very, very grateful, I do not live in a swing state.

Posted by: james | Nov 2, 2012 11:39:08 AM

2. andy i love your blog but would love it even more if your video links worked outside of the US

Posted by: thrutch | Nov 2, 2012 11:56:45 AM

3. For the last time THRUTCH: It is not the fault of Towleroad for the that. It is the fault of the broadcast network in your country that has the rights to air the particular show on the link. They have blocked it to make you watch the clip on THEIR website.

Posted by: BETTY | Nov 2, 2012 12:11:02 PM

4. This election is giving me an ulcer. I am in a state of heightened stress over the fear that Romney might be the next President, and trying to decipher the polls is beyond my ability...Conservative/Republican sites are showing polls with Romney ahead, while Liberal/Democratic sites are showing Obama head...As for Nate Silver, he is not infallible so I cannot put complete confidence in his numbers...I simply cannot wait for Wednesday to come, so I can move on with my life. I'm just praying that Obama wins...

Posted by: Quest | Nov 2, 2012 12:15:23 PM

5. There's also the economic toll these campaigns bring to the municipalities they visit. Each campaign requires fire and police protection when they come to town which diverts protection away from the actual citizens and costs money. I work for a city government and when both of the parties arrive I hear nothing but demands from both of them to take a rescue truck/ambulance out of commission and have it expressly set up for either candidate (which is devastating since most of the calls we go on aren't fire related). Also, the motorcades blocking streets at rush hour adding to the residents' disfavor. And, add to that, from stories I've heard, Romney's campaign ordering gratis thousands of dollars of food and services from local hotels for the people in the campaign party....the hotels finally told the Romney's party to pay up or shut up.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Nov 2, 2012 12:34:06 PM

6. The Columbus Dispatch published today: Between broadcast and cable TV there will be 7000 political ads in the Columbus market until election day. 80% of all ads!

Posted by: Gus | Nov 2, 2012 1:46:23 PM

7. Quest: Trust Nate and Charlie Cook just said on MSNBC the President only needs 18% of the real toss up states and Mr Romeny needs 82%, now which one do you think has a better chance? He said Wisconsin, Nevada, Michigan and Pennsylvania are not in play for Romney. And he said the pollsters he talks to said Mittmentum stopped a week before Frankenstorm Sandy. Mr Cook is an old hand in DC and not known to be liberal.

My question is why you would believe the Republican BS now?

Posted by: Gus | Nov 2, 2012 1:49:18 PM

8. OH BALLS, IF IT WASN'T FOR THE ELECTION THE DAILY SHOW WOULDN'T HAVE A PAYCHECK AND THAT GOES FOR ALL THE MEDIA COVERING THIS CIRCUS OF CIRCUSES. NAMASTE.

Posted by: THE QUEEN | Nov 2, 2012 2:02:24 PM

9. "the hotels finally told the Romney's party to pay up or shut up."
    His sense of entitlement knows no bounds:(

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 3, 2012 12:50:07 AM

10. I live in a swing state. I've given up TV for months, except for the Olympics. That was more than enough political ads for me. I'm counting the minutes until Wednesday.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 3, 2012 9:36:18 AM

11. There are lots of manufacturers, that have been promoting handbags within the marketplaces, however Chanel is among the the majority of famous as well as well-liked style homes, that has already been promoting the very best handbags for that style freaks ladies, residing around the world.

Posted by: replica chanel handbags | Nov 4, 2012 5:05:15 AM