2012 Election | Barack Obama | Mitt Romney | News | Victoria Jackson

Julie Brown Does Victoria Jackson Doing Homophobia: VIDEO

BrownJackson

From 1986 until 1992, Victoria Jackson was a funny person on Saturday Night Live. These days she's a not-so-funny, homophobic, racist and all-around terrible Tea Partier.

Julie Brown is another funny person who was on MTV in the late-80s and early-90s, the same time Jackson was on SNL.

Unlike Jackson, Brown is still funny today, as seen in this video in which she spoofs Jackson's conservative, anti-gay politics.

According to Brown-as-Jackson, people shouldn't vote for Obama because he's socialist, likes the gays and is black, but you're not supposed to say that.

Watch Brown's video and her parodical anti-gay tune AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Quite funny ! She would have to pack on two more chins and 100lbs more in weight if she wants to look like insane Victoria Jackson though !

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 4, 2012 3:17:43 PM

2. lol priceless

Posted by: sparks | Nov 4, 2012 3:57:36 PM

3. like

Posted by: Mikemike | Nov 4, 2012 4:13:11 PM

4. Funny stuff, but she doesn't sound nearly shrill and vapid enough to evoke Jackson.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Nov 4, 2012 4:15:45 PM

5. Only one problem with the story...
    While Jackson was hired by SNL to be "a funny person" ... I never saw her be funny!

I think they hired her because she did vapid so well...until they realized she wasn't DOING vapid.

Posted by: Jay | Nov 4, 2012 4:26:07 PM

6. Oh lord, I loved Miss Julie since "Earth Girls Are Easy". Her parody of Madonna's "Truth Or Dare" movie, "Medusa: Dare To Tell The Truth" is f*cking hilarious. I wish her early 90's Fox skit show "The Edge" was available on DVD!

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Nov 4, 2012 4:32:44 PM

7. Wubba wubba wubba! Oh wait, wrong one.

Posted by: Craig | Nov 4, 2012 4:51:47 PM

8. @Fury- I forgot about the Edge! That was so funny.

Posted by: Miguel R. | Nov 4, 2012 4:55:36 PM

9. Agree with Jay. VJ was never funny on or off SNL.

Posted by: AggieCowboy | Nov 4, 2012 4:58:25 PM

10. Love J Brown!

Posted by: @z0mKi | Nov 4, 2012 5:46:51 PM

11. I want more Julie Brown!

And far, far, far less Victoria Jackson.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Nov 4, 2012 6:27:47 PM

12. LOL Julie Brown- that was so close to the reality to be both funny and scary.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 4, 2012 6:31:13 PM

13. Yeah. I'm hoping you were using the term "funny" loosely with regard to Jackson.

Posted by: Jerry | Nov 4, 2012 7:03:43 PM

14. I've loved her ever since hearing "Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun", she was funnier than Jackson then, and funnier today. I'm just waiting for the Jackson headline stating she's in rehab for "exhaustion" ie; meth.

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 4, 2012 8:10:02 PM

15. Didn't she also do "I Like 'Em Big and Stupid"?

Posted by: Harold | Nov 4, 2012 10:02:51 PM

16. Very accurate impersonation except I think you have to be genuinely moronic to get that totally clueless, vacuous look in the eyes that Jackson has. That's tough to replicate unless you are a true moron.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Nov 5, 2012 5:08:25 AM

17. LOVE HER and love that she's still funny. Victoria Jackson needs to be anesthetized.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 5, 2012 8:27:01 AM

18. Where've ya BEEN, Julie?! I've missed ya!

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Nov 5, 2012 11:59:50 AM

19. Julie is too classy to pull off a true VJ impersonation but funny enough to make it work. I still quote a line from her pop drink commercial. "You don't get a body like this in a bottle, unless you push real hard." maybe we could push hard enough to get Victoria in a bottle. It would have to be a big bottle to accommodate all that stupid.

Posted by: DallasJ | Nov 5, 2012 12:31:50 PM

20. I love the Shales book 'Live From New York' where the truth is told (by the cast & crew thenselves) well - by Jan Hooks & Nora Dunn - how much they really hated this woman.

Posted by: Cliff | Nov 5, 2012 2:01:03 PM

21. Now, Victoria Jackson had her moments on SNL:

She was a lot like Dennis Miller: All character and no substance. With a staff of writers at your disposal, it makes it easier.

It's interesting to compare Jackson to the previous queen of the dumb blond comediennes: Goldie Hawn. If you watch her on _Laugh In,_ you can see her character evolve. Early in the series, she was just an innocent, bright-eyed ingenue. But as the series progresed, they started changing her persona to be "dumb."

The fact that she's one of the few to make it out of _Laugh In_ (and won an Oscar during her run) shows that she it was all an act.

I don't think such is the case with Jackson.

Posted by: Rrhain | Nov 5, 2012 4:07:22 PM

22. I love her. I used to tape Just Say Julie on MTV all the time. I also agree how talentless Jackson was on SNL. Yes, she did have her moments but there's a reason why she wasn't invited to the Women of SNL special a couple years ago.

Posted by: Scar2 | Nov 5, 2012 7:38:34 PM