Brent Ridge | Josh Kilmer-Purcell | Reality TV | The Beekman Boys

BigGayDeal.com

Did the Gays Win 'The Amazing Race'? - VIDEO

Beekman

Did the Beekman Boys Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge, who were dubbed the "evil gays" by the Sri Lankan twins,  show America that they could edge out the Chippendales and a couple of straight dating Texas jocks to win the million bucks?

Watch the show's final moments (SPOILERS), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Yay! It was a great season and I was glad to see a gay kiss from the winning underdogs at the end of it. Congrats, guys!

Posted by: stingo | Dec 10, 2012 7:13:19 AM

2. 'Nice guys sometimes do finish first.' Their message was lovely: 'Hang in there.' Well played & congrats: to Beekman Boys, Amazing Race and CBS! I absolutely loved the big kiss that the producers did not hold back on showing after the couple had heard that they'd won. So much so, that I am going to write CBS and let them know -- because you just know there will be backlash on that fact. Suffice to say -- I was impressed, and just cried like a big baby. The Sri Lankan twins were just not nice, their comments were hurtful & ugly.

Posted by: Danny T | Dec 10, 2012 7:19:12 AM

3. Well, not a bad percentage, three couples, three gay contestants in the final

Posted by: jjose712 | Dec 10, 2012 8:08:53 AM

4. I wanted to see the other team run in and watch their faces when they realized that Josh and Brent were the winners.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Dec 10, 2012 9:19:55 AM

5. SO HAPPY FOR JOSH AND BRENT!! Did NOT see that coming!! Every other couple in the finals won a butt-load of trips from Travelocity, so they will be fine. I actually really liked the Chipmunks too. I hope they get their own show. They were a joy to watch. Such sweet guys! They remained positive every single step of the way. The twins were super funny and I didn't find any of their comments offensive.

Posted by: AJ | Dec 10, 2012 9:49:34 AM

6. I was happy they won, but I wanted Jaymes to win for his father. Good God they were bitchy to each other though. It was like the gay Whose Afraid of Virginia Wolfe.

Posted by: Glen | Dec 10, 2012 9:50:17 AM

7. Loved this edition of TAR, I thought for sure that Trey & Lexi were going to win after they aced the Houdini task, but it shows that old cliche, don't give up, might be true.

I was also surprised that they showed The Beekmans kissing, they've edited out same-sex kisses in the past (like in TAR4 when Chip and Reichen won). Compared to some teams in the past, their bitching at each other wasn't that bad, but it's still kind of unreal that they won after being so bad for large parts of The Race.

Sad that Jaymes didn't get the big $ for his dad, but at least James got a car for his mom. The Twins ran a crappy Race, they had the Express Pass and they wasted it when they were in no danger of being Philiminated.

TAR22 in February, can't wait.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Dec 10, 2012 10:19:28 AM

8. I actually liked the Chippendale guys better. They just seemed very upbeat, decent to the other teams, and did not seem to let the stress get to them quite so much. Trey and Lexi were also likeable. Kudos to the Race for picking good teams this season with minimal amounts of spouses verbally abusing their partners.

Posted by: Yeek | Dec 10, 2012 10:24:54 AM

9. I was jumping all over the place and so happy to see them pull it out at the end! I'm a big Amazing Race fan and Beekman fan. I loved their cable series, how they met (over the internet), that one is a doctor (Brent the smaller one), the other a former drag queen and now a NY author. This is the second gay couple win in TAR history.

And yes, the kiss was a great kiss, one that neither held back from. If you get a chance check out their former series, "The Fabulous Beekman Boys". I hated to see the series come to an end after only two seasons, now maybe they can resurrect it. Congrats to the Fabulous Beekman Boys!

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 10, 2012 10:48:33 AM

10. Their TV show was cancelled before their money issues were resolved, so I guess this will solve that. I can sleep easier now.

Posted by: anon | Dec 10, 2012 11:15:52 AM

11. @ANON: "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" is technically on hiatus. It's on the Cooking Channel now. I bet this will resurrect it. And I hope there is an episode where they have the Chipmunks to the farm for a weekend.

This was one season of Amazing Race where I genuinely liked almost all the teams. I would have been happy with any of them winning, but I am over the MOON that Josh and Brent did it!!

Posted by: AJ | Dec 10, 2012 11:54:57 AM

12. Yea! This is the first yaer in a long time that I liked all 3 last couples, but happy for them. There were so many times that it looked like they were out of it, but they kept chugging on. Glad they didnt give up.

Posted by: uflyguy | Dec 10, 2012 12:05:13 PM

13. If you'd like to make a contribution to help Jaymes' Dad, you can do so through the site they've set up here: http://www.forgetcancernow.com/

Posted by: StSebastian | Dec 10, 2012 12:22:35 PM

14. I remember the first (and only) Amazing Race season I watched included Reichen and Chip. I was a young teen and got hooked by having the opportunity to root for a gay couple. I was ecstatic when they won, and I'm happy gay couples are still dominating the competition. And I'm *really* happy they showed their passionate victory kiss.

Posted by: Kyle | Dec 10, 2012 12:50:38 PM

15. These two are by far the most passive/aggressive twits they've had on the show for ages. While I'm pleased that a gay couple won (although winning didn't do much for Reichen and Chip), I won't miss their behavior toward each other.

Posted by: dbaudit | Dec 10, 2012 1:15:13 PM

16. I'm disappointed the Chippendales didn't win. They had an excellent attitude and wanted to win to help out their family. The Beekman couple were snippy with each other and at times it was difficult to watch. They also didn't seem to need the money.

Thanks STSEBASTIAN for posting that link to help out Jaymes' dad. I so wish they had won :(

Posted by: Sydney J | Dec 10, 2012 1:29:06 PM

17. This was the first season of The Amazing Race that I loved the final 4 teams and would have been happy if any of them won. The Beekman boys were a very unexpected but wonderful win.

Posted by: KM | Dec 10, 2012 1:47:42 PM

18. But Trey was seriously adorable. Quiet and contained, a great contrast to equally adorable Jaymes the chatterbox.

The twins calling the winners the "evil gays" was all in fun and very much in character. I loved it. No dancing around who they are.

Oh but Trey....

Posted by: Bingo | Dec 10, 2012 2:09:45 PM

19. The straighties will hate this - gays are winning all over the place !

Posted by: Icebloo | Dec 10, 2012 3:13:45 PM

20. the evil gays win :)

Posted by: cowman | Dec 10, 2012 3:45:16 PM

21. I am going to be ecstatic for a week over this. I didn't see it coming at all and was thrilled to see these sweet guys rush through the final door, Josh falling on the floor, and the great joyous kiss. I hope this resurrects their place and life on the tube since the first and only two seasons as the Fabulous Beekman Boys was/is a joy to watch. It is their characters that shine, but only right next to their utter love and committment to one another. Yeah they snipe at one another, but it's nothing compared to their love which is the real story. Indeed, the guys are simply stars and I won't be surprised if this win puts them back in the limelight. I could go on and on - just check them out as the Fabulous Beekman Boys, now the Amazing Ones as well. What a hoot.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 10, 2012 3:49:58 PM

22. I had no idea that Jaymes was gay! It was a great season, and the twins were joking calling the Beekmans "evil gays." They looked genuinely happy for them at the end of it all.

Posted by: George | Dec 10, 2012 7:02:47 PM

23. The Beek - men shall inherit the earth! I didn't think they had a chance. Every leg I thought it would be their last and somehow they managed to make it through. I teared up when they ran into Gotham Hall. Best come from behind victory ever on The Amazing Race.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Dec 10, 2012 7:28:19 PM

24. I am so glad that our boys beat out those “Evil Twins”, and it is great to see smarts being rewarded on a reality show. It is crazy to think about how they were almost eliminated a couple of weeks ago, and it makes Josh’s final comment about keeping at it even when things are bad really hit home. I nearly missed the show last night because I was working late at DISH, but thankfully I was able to watch it on Primetime Anytime. I love how my DISH Hopper records everything during primetime on the four major networks and saves it for a week, so I never miss any of my shows when something unexpected comes up. This was the best possible end to the race, and it instantly made this my favorite season of TAR ever!

Posted by: Sam | Dec 10, 2012 7:52:59 PM

25. GEORGE - No idea Jaymes was gay?

Was he hugely handsome, was he awesomely sweet, was he vastly good-hearted, was he dazzlingly buff, was he totally vivacious, was he a complete gentleman?

What other possibility could there be?

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 10, 2012 7:59:49 PM