Google | New York | News | Sergey Brin

Google Billionaire Sergey Brin Spotted Riding NYC Subway: PHOTO

Brin

Google co-founder Sergey Brin was spotted riding the NYC subway wearing a pair of the company's Google Glasses.

Tweeted Noah Zerkin: "Yeeeah... I just had a brief conversation with the most powerful man in the world. On the downtown 3 train. Nice guy."

Comments

1. What do Google Glasses do?

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Jan 21, 2013 8:55:37 AM

2. Manny - Google it. :-)

Posted by: Alan | Jan 21, 2013 9:38:34 AM

3. "the most powerful man in the world"

????

Posted by: Oliver | Jan 21, 2013 10:17:12 AM

4. (yawn) ...who cares. another non important news story.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 21, 2013 11:32:23 AM

5. "most powerful man"?
    Don't think so.
    Apple is worth more, Obama has his finger on the nukes, and Sergey has to share billing with Larry Page.

Posted by: keating | Jan 21, 2013 11:33:15 AM

6. Apple might be worth more but it certainly isn't more important than Google.

Posted by: Syrax | Jan 21, 2013 11:44:37 AM

7. Yeah, he still gets a little elbow room. Unlike me, I always get sandwiched between two fat women like the one to the left of Sergey. And they usually have multiple big bags. By the time I get up, my leg has fallen sleep from the contortion.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 21, 2013 11:57:01 AM

8. This was probably just a way for him to get free publicity for "Google glasses". YAWN.

Posted by: Icebloo | Jan 21, 2013 12:22:15 PM

9. I agree with Ratbastard -- I'm less impressed with his billions than the fact that he got a seat on the subway without being crushed. I once got so crushed that I wound up sitting on that raised ridge which marks the end of a seat. With that ridge riding into my asscrack and with the jostling of the subway on the track, I nearly had an orgasm.

Since this is Towleroad, I'll have to add the required line commenting on the attractiveness of a straight guy - he's kinda hot all bundled up and hidden behind his Clark Kent disguise superglasses.

Posted by: bravo | Jan 21, 2013 12:23:26 PM

10. He is cute especially with the whiskers.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Jan 21, 2013 1:20:30 PM

11. "A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transportation."

Posted by: Typing Monkey | Jan 21, 2013 4:28:24 PM

12. This seems like a staged setup. And those glasses seem like a terrible idea that would be on par with drunk driving, given that people wearing them would have real problems if they were in public, much less driving.

And a $1,500 pair of glasses? No thanks. Glasses are too easy to lose or break. Enough people relentlessly use their smart phones. I don't need them running into me because they're paying even less attention.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 21, 2013 6:24:40 PM