Bisexual | I'm Gay | Ke$ha | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Ke$ha: 'I Don't Love Just Men' - VIDEO

Ke$ha's bisexual, she tells Seventeen magazine:

Dieyoung_kesha"I don't love just men. I love people. It's not about a gender. It's just about the spirit that exudes from that other person you're with."

She also speaks out against bullying:

"I'm all about standing up to gay/lesbian/transgender bullying, but it's also about my little brother. He's 13 and he gets made fun of because he has a stutter. I just have zero tolerance for people making fun of others."

She also says plenty of folks used to bully her, and still do:

"I used [negative comments] to motivate me then, and I still do. I remember every person who told me I couldn't do something or that I was ugly or too fat. I have a 's— list' — people from my past who have been soulless and judgmental. Even after I got through my awkward phase, got my braces off and figured out how to dress my body, people in the music business were like, 'You're never going to make it.' I see them now and I'm like, 'Ha!' That's one of the reasons I named my record 'Warrior.' You can be a victim and let that eat your soul, or you can say, You're going on my list and I'm going to prove you wrong!...I'm very much into making fun of myself because other people do it so you have to be able to laugh at yourself. The sooner you can laugh at yourself, the easier your life will be."

Watch Ke$ha's video for "Die Young", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'm shocked, shocked.

And isn't like a per-requisite for many successful entertainers to be at least bi, especially the females?

God knows there's plenty of bi and gay male rap, hip hop, and rock musicians on the DL.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 3, 2013 10:58:19 AM

2. I like her as a person. She holds her ground while maintaining a fresh perspective. She is in her 20's, a little intense sometimes, but with time I think she will rocket.

Posted by: Matt | Jan 3, 2013 11:05:51 AM

3. who is Kesha??

Posted by: fair trade | Jan 3, 2013 3:24:53 PM

4. LOVE HER!!!

Posted by: Deee! | Jan 3, 2013 3:37:51 PM

5. Yes, she also loves Satan and the Illuminati. Whatever exudes that will to power spirit.

Posted by: pavel | Jan 3, 2013 3:51:55 PM

6. Warrior is an awesome album.

Great songs to work out to and just enjoy, unlike those from the umbrella-wielding-head-shaving goblin that shall not be named here.

Posted by: Drew | Jan 3, 2013 4:08:10 PM

7. good for her. where's that wet blanket jason. and she loves satan and the illuminati!!!!??!? omfg!! zoinks!

Posted by: gomez | Jan 3, 2013 4:34:18 PM

8. Oh, please, not another fake female bisexual using the bisexuality shtick to appeal to straight guys. Lord spare us!! It's interesting that she didn't say she was bisexual but used the word love in a general sense. More attention-whoring in my view.

Posted by: steven lucas | Jan 3, 2013 4:56:18 PM

9. But I thought she was "forced" to sing that POS "Die Young" song? Sounds like she doesn't stand up for herself that well, then. She's so full of it and just as fake as all the others- but less fit and obviously lying about her age.

Posted by: Pimb | Jan 3, 2013 4:59:16 PM

10. Why?

Posted by: Brion | Jan 3, 2013 5:02:40 PM

11. *yawn*

Attention starved celebrity admits to being "bisexual". News at 11.

(Not to be confused with actual bisexuals, celebrities that claim to be "bisexual" really mean that 1) they've never so much as kissed a girl, but they've thought about it, or 2) they've kissed girls before, but it was because they were drunk and/or wanted attention.)

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jan 3, 2013 5:10:36 PM

12. Wow, a female celebrity claiming she's bisexual. How edgy & brave.

*yawn*

Posted by: Travis | Jan 3, 2013 8:35:40 PM

13. The quotes above are all that the Secenteen website cites her sating on this issue. Unless she's elaborated in the print issue, this does not necessarily mean she is bisexual. If someone dug up exactly the same words and attributed them as an old quote from Mother Teresa, no one would suggest she was owning up to being bisexual.
    The words she said could have meant something like: "I'm straight but I have a non-sexual love for my girlfriends and my little brother that means as much as any romance could."
    I'm not saying that she isn't bisexual and that she might not clarify that tomorrow. But it's jumping the gun to say so when this is all we've got.

Posted by: GregV | Jan 3, 2013 8:37:12 PM

14. So Keisha is bisexual? So are plenty of other women in America. Big deal. Does she expect us to get excited and say "Tick, tock, Keisha likes more than just c**k?" (sorry,...I know that was vulgar.) It sounds to me like she's just trying to draw attention to herself. As Kiwi might say "Don't play games with us, Keisha. Show us your bisexuality in a Youtube video. Prove it's real, gurl!!"

Posted by: Mary | Jan 3, 2013 8:45:03 PM

15. I agree with Steven - I'm so sick of these faux-bi female celebs who only date men, but think because they occasionally kiss another female that it makes them bi.

It's so lame.

Posted by: Pathetic | Jan 3, 2013 9:13:26 PM

16. LOVE her!!! And her music is GREAT! There's a reason why Billboard Magazine named her Artist of the Year in 2011. We saw her in concert about a year ago and she put on an AWESOME show!! Long live Ke$ha!!!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Jan 4, 2013 1:15:22 AM