Film | News | Pets | Zachary Quinto

BigGayDeal.com

Zachary Quinto's 'Dog Eat Dog': VIDEO

Quinto

A short film based on the true story of Zachary Quinto's shelter dog adoption.

It originally began as a Kickstarter campaign and raised over $30K.

Said Quinto to USA Today: "Our goal was to make an entertaining short film inspired by my outlandishly humorous — but true — experience of trying to adopt a dog for the first time. But we also want to raise awareness about pet rescues and inspire people to rescue their new pet instead of buying one. There are so many beautiful dogs that need homes ... the heart of this story is how much joy — and humor — can exist in trying to find the right match."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

1_quinto

Comments

1. I strongly support adopting dogs, but my Rhodesian Ridgeback would have been killed by most breeders because she lacks a ridge (hair growing in the opposite direction along her spinal cord). The breeder made her free if I'd take her, which no one else would do because people are awful. Not all breeders are evil. Just most.

She's the best dog ever. With a ridge she would have cost quite a bit, which seems pretty stupid.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 31, 2013 9:14:35 AM

2. Brilliant! And now I'm crushing on the idea of Zachary Quinto with an old Saab and a cute bungalow.

Posted by: SC David | Jan 31, 2013 9:25:41 AM

3. I really love what you do, bravo! Thank you very much for sharing with us this article .

Posted by: Voyance sérieuse par telephone | Jan 31, 2013 9:33:43 AM

4. Love Zachary, love Philip, love the film, love the campaign.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Jan 31, 2013 1:18:22 PM

5. Cute video but the composer/music editor should be put down for crimes against music+picture.

Also, factually incorrect as LA shelters don't do a lottery but highest bidder (yes, an in-demand dog is used to raise more money over the basic adoption costs.)

Posted by: unruly | Jan 31, 2013 2:37:15 PM

6. I love doggies. I spend my freetime on Petfinder.com rather than Grindr or Match.com.

Posted by: TC | Jan 31, 2013 2:39:58 PM

7. that's the same shelter from where i adopted my dog.

Posted by: alguien | Jan 31, 2013 3:24:29 PM

8. very cute

Posted by: ACe | Jan 31, 2013 4:30:57 PM

9. I once got a dog from a breeder and it was the worst decision I made...I was incredibly ignorant at the time regarding adoption, and rescuing a dog in need of a home. So I paid the standard $1,500 for a breeder dog and the dog was constantly sick. I came to realize the breeder was a backyard breeder with a puppy mill (horrible conditions for dogs). Now I know better and all my dogs since have been adopted from the shelter for less than $100 (with nuetering, vaccines, and meds AND adoption cost all included) and it just felt good to give a second chance to an animal in need. I don't know if it's being gay and having been discarded myself...but I sincerely have compassion for dogs dumped in shelters left to die. They can sense their days are numbered.

And I don't know how or why, but when you do adopt them and rescue them, I swear they sense it and constantly thank you (in their own ways) for it.

Posted by: Bobbi | Jan 31, 2013 6:58:54 PM

10. Please adopt, don't shop..for a friend.

Thank you Zachery.

Posted by: Duration & Convexity | Jan 31, 2013 7:00:38 PM

11. Mike and I currently have 6 rescue dogs (we live on a farm.) When we were in SF we had 2 rescue dogs.

Rescue dogs...........the only way to go

(loved the video but what's with all the credits? It was like watching the credits of a major film made in a studio)

Posted by: Robert K Brown | Jan 31, 2013 10:26:23 PM