Anderson Cooper | Food and Drink | News

BigGayDeal.com

Anderson Cooper Has no Desire to Eat Lamb Testicles: VIDEO

Lamb_anderson

Anderson Cooper was presented with some "offbeat eats" on his show yesterday, which included the nuts of a lamb and crunchy seasoned crickets. He didn't have any desire to nibble on either.

And frankly, neither would I.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Crickets are tasty. They're popular in Mexico. They're really good on a taco, and REALLY good to snack on while you drink mezcal or tequila. AC should live a little!

Posted by: CS | Feb 22, 2013 9:30:27 AM

2. I am sure he would rather have bear or otter balls in his mouth.

Posted by: Bollux | Feb 22, 2013 9:59:30 AM

3. So surprised by Anderson's response to lamb nuts. I'm sure he has had lots of practice with Benjamin Maisani's nuts. yum!

Posted by: rcndc | Feb 22, 2013 10:00:46 AM

4. Testicles themselves are rather tasteless. The tunica albuginea is tough and should be peeled away. The flavor depends upon the batter, the spices and the method of cooking, usually frying.

Posted by: Iconoclast | Feb 22, 2013 10:06:35 AM

5. I wouldn't mind trying crickets, long as they were cooked... but I've never been able to bring myself to eat any part of lamb.

Posted by: sparks | Feb 22, 2013 10:38:57 AM

6. I like Anderson, but he strikes me as such a wuss sometimes about silly things. He can go to hostile territory and dodge bullets, but can't eat crickets? I bet he refuses to eat peas too.

Posted by: QJ201 | Feb 22, 2013 11:12:06 AM

7. Anderson would do it if the lamb was a hot Hispanic circuit queen.

Posted by: Firestorm | Feb 22, 2013 11:26:26 AM

8. Christopher Quinn Jaxon at 2:28?

Posted by: AZEXPAT | Feb 22, 2013 1:17:46 PM

9. could the blindfolds being any less sexy or even appear less non functioning

they appear to be able to see out from underneath them....a sock as a blindfold would have been more effective and less dorky looking

Posted by: Moz's | Feb 22, 2013 3:08:04 PM

10. What everybody here seems to completely glance over are the smooth dance moves Anderson does when he turns 360 on his heel all while spitting things out. That and his giggle are quite cute.

As for being squirmish, I'd see it the otherway around QJ201: he's dogded bullets in war zones. That being proof that he is not as removed from 'real' life or a 'spoiled brat' overall, I cut him some slack if he is (pretends to be) squirmish with his food if it makes his show more entertaining.

Posted by: Focus | Feb 22, 2013 9:52:13 PM

11. Anderson can do no wrong in my book.
    So happy he's out and proudly gay.

Posted by: Temple Temp | Feb 23, 2013 9:41:21 PM