Advertising | News

BigGayDeal.com

A Gay Home Decor Ad That Will Make You Want to Elope: VIDEO

Parisflat

Some of you may recall the sexy short film we posted last May from home decor company John Saint-Denis called 'Il Palazzo' in which Paolo (Peter Calandra, above) rushed home for an anniversary dinner.

The company is out with a new film called "Paris Flat" which also features Paolo again, but this time living in an idyllic apartment in Paris with his lover Marc (below). Paolo's company is transferring him to the States but Marc can't get a visa.

See what happens (briefly work-unfriendly), AFTER THE JUMP...

And if you missed the first film, catch it HERE.

Parisflat2

Comments

1. Cute. First name in "additional supporters" is Joan Rivers. Well, thanks.

Posted by: Mike B. | Feb 14, 2013 1:20:36 PM

2. The hell with the home decor, I want to know what hair care products let you wake up without bedhead.

Posted by: Gus | Feb 14, 2013 1:24:32 PM

3. They make a REALLY cute couple!!

Posted by: Jordan | Feb 14, 2013 1:26:58 PM

4. I wish we saw more random same sex couples in advertisments. It's really a shame we don't

Posted by: Cortiz | Feb 14, 2013 1:27:21 PM

5. cute! the both of them!

Posted by: J.J | Feb 14, 2013 1:27:34 PM

6. Shocking, simply shocking. Not only do they talk funny, the French have no morals. These male persons should be marched straight to the guillotine.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 14, 2013 1:34:05 PM

7. Geesh--that is some spectacular hair. As attractive as this is (and it really is lovely and has a lovely message), I kind of wish they'd keep home decor advertising separate from marriage equality advertising. The Aussie "It's Time" video still wins the prize by a wide margin for the best marriage equality video produced to date because it felt like it was about real people.

Posted by: Stefan | Feb 14, 2013 1:35:42 PM

8. @Stefan: Well, someone had to pay for it, and it wasn't egregious.

The Joan Rivers citation threw me off too!

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 14, 2013 3:12:28 PM

9. Cute, but that hair is really distracting.

Posted by: John | Feb 14, 2013 3:56:44 PM

10. Not as good as the first one (imo), but still lovely - and the marriage equality message was a boost. But, um, was the boyfriend the same blond cutie twink in the previous episode, or is this someone new he met in Gay Paree?

Posted by: Zlick | Feb 14, 2013 4:02:25 PM

11. If Paolo is taking that cute twink boy toy Marc to NYC he better be careful, because once Marc gets a look at the rich and even richer daddies the big apple has to offer he'll be warming someone elses perfectly decorated bed. Twinks being twinks. LOL

Posted by: I wont grow up | Feb 14, 2013 7:06:32 PM

12. Tears, damnit.

Posted by: Scott | Feb 14, 2013 7:37:04 PM

13. Seems to me that they should have seen a real newspaper headline about what just passed in the French National Assembly and stay put in their practically impossible to find available apartment on the Rue Saint Denis and take part in a French wedding ceremony to form a "marriage" (from the French for marriage!)

Posted by: Thomas Cardellino | Feb 14, 2013 11:14:54 PM

14. Did either of them shower before leaving the house?

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 15, 2013 12:07:14 AM

15. Meh, what's w/ the older/younger pairing?

Posted by: Jim | Feb 15, 2013 12:46:24 AM

16. Lovely, just lovely. Now if my eyes will stop leaking...

Posted by: jsb | Feb 15, 2013 1:40:55 AM

17. Nope, I don't understand why people tear up over this commercial.

Posted by: Jim | Feb 15, 2013 7:51:46 AM

18. Beautifully done- celebrate it kids & be nice........ A beintot!!

Posted by: Tab | Feb 15, 2013 9:34:54 AM

19. Can we give the advertiser some credit? If this had been an Ikea commercial, it would have been a 45 year old Swede and his 30 year old generic Oriental boyfriend and their two adopted children from Somalia and Peru. Moreover, it would have been a 600 square foot apartment with sixteen foot ceilings and wall to wall clutter artfully arranged around cheap furniture that is slightly too small for average sized people.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 15, 2013 11:11:56 AM

20. Stay in Paris with your plastic haired boy toy. New York is a soulless rat race of a city.

Posted by: arrant | Feb 15, 2013 11:39:05 AM

21. @JIM - I don't understand why I tear up over commercials like this either, but I do. OTOH, my Mom (who I loved dearly, she did her best) lost her battle with cancer January 22, and not yet a single tear from her gay son.

Posted by: jsb | Feb 15, 2013 1:22:36 PM

22. I'm sorry but this ad is a disgrace. It is the most stereotyping thing I have seen in a while.
    I think it's a bad thing when we gays try to portrait our relationships in a similar way that a traditional male/female relationship is.
    Disgusting.

Posted by: ElCid | Feb 15, 2013 3:17:59 PM

23. Oh, and just to make it clear: I am 100% pro-gay gay marriage. In fact, I would love to get married myself.

Posted by: ElCid | Feb 15, 2013 3:19:19 PM

24. @ Elcid

You would not be alone. There used to be many gay voices in opposition to heterosexual emulation. It's just easier for people to patch heterosexuality on homosexual relationships than it is to think outside our boxes.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 15, 2013 9:22:48 PM