Comments

1. Stefan says

Geesh–that is some spectacular hair. As attractive as this is (and it really is lovely and has a lovely message), I kind of wish they’d keep home decor advertising separate from marriage equality advertising. The Aussie “It’s Time” video still wins the prize by a wide margin for the best marriage equality video produced to date because it felt like it was about real people.

2. Zlick says

Not as good as the first one (imo), but still lovely – and the marriage equality message was a boost. But, um, was the boyfriend the same blond cutie twink in the previous episode, or is this someone new he met in Gay Paree?

3. I wont grow up says

If Paolo is taking that cute twink boy toy Marc to NYC he better be careful, because once Marc gets a look at the rich and even richer daddies the big apple has to offer he’ll be warming someone elses perfectly decorated bed. Twinks being twinks. LOL

4. Thomas Cardellino says

Seems to me that they should have seen a real newspaper headline about what just passed in the French National Assembly and stay put in their practically impossible to find available apartment on the Rue Saint Denis and take part in a French wedding ceremony to form a “marriage” (from the French for marriage!)

5. David Hearne says

Can we give the advertiser some credit? If this had been an Ikea commercial, it would have been a 45 year old Swede and his 30 year old generic Oriental boyfriend and their two adopted children from Somalia and Peru. Moreover, it would have been a 600 square foot apartment with sixteen foot ceilings and wall to wall clutter artfully arranged around cheap furniture that is slightly too small for average sized people.

6. jsb says

@JIM – I don’t understand why I tear up over commercials like this either, but I do. OTOH, my Mom (who I loved dearly, she did her best) lost her battle with cancer January 22, and not yet a single tear from her gay son.

7. ElCid says

I’m sorry but this ad is a disgrace. It is the most stereotyping thing I have seen in a while.
    I think it’s a bad thing when we gays try to portrait our relationships in a similar way that a traditional male/female relationship is.
    Disgusting.

8. David Hearne says

@ Elcid

You would not be alone. There used to be many gay voices in opposition to heterosexual emulation. It’s just easier for people to patch heterosexuality on homosexual relationships than it is to think outside our boxes.

9. David Hearne says

@ Elcid

10. Name: says

Moral of the story is if you’re a washed up 40 something, find yourself a rich twink who’s in a boy band. The older one was hot. The other one distracting to the finely decorated “home”.

11. Name: says