News: Ben Carson, Matt Bomer, Wounded Knee, Robert Reed

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d The trailer for the upcoming Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg team-up movie 2 Guns is out.

Bomer6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d Matt Bomer is perfect for Superman: Unbound.

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d Yesterday, Ben Carson went on MSNBC to try to apologize for comparing gays to those who have sex with animals. He then went on CNN to continue his damage control campaign. "I
love gay people. I love straight people. So this was really, I think,
on my behalf, somewhat insensitive and I certainly apologize if I
offended anyone, because I was not in any way comparing gays with people
who engage in bestiality or sexual child abuse."

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d Justin Bieber has his monkey taken away from him in Germany.

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d Over a year after Gov. Chris Christie vetoed New Jersey's marriage equality bill, that state's chapter of the ACLU has renewed its push to legalize same-sex marriage.

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d MSBNC blog states that progress in LGBT movement requires more gays to take political office: "When there are more openly gay elected officials in state and federal office then the end of this form of segregation will be near."

Bb
6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d The Brady Bunch actress Susan Olsen writes
about her late television dad, Robert Reed: "I can also say that being
gay killed him. Because it was so taboo, he could never make peace with
himself. He never allowed himself to have a genuine love. He was forever
taunted by his own disdain for the natural inclinations that he was
BORN WITH."

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d The site of the Wounded Knee Massacre is for sale.

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d Salon delves into the impact LGBT television characters have made on the minds of people over the years.

6a00d8341c730253ef014e86b06427970d Renderings have been released for what is proposed to be San Francisco's own "Grand Central."

Comments

1. UFFDA says

I think Carson would fit under a bus just fine.

On her father Robert Reed, daughter Susan Olson has scored a cautionary bullseye by putting her finger on exactly what the state of mind is in a man who cannot accept himself. That’s a service given Susan. Thank you.

And that new transit center in SF…it’s awesome as only stoppers out archichitecture can be. It’s the human equivalent of geology: pyramids, cathedrals, bridges, cultural and (now) transit centers totally compete with mountains and sea for my dazzled stupefaction.

2. Tim says

Heaven forbid anyone say a word against gays. Of course it was open season not so long ago. Seasons change, and that one will return no doubt. Better toughen up fairies. Glaad won’t be able to keep up with it,

3. jpeckjr says

Ms. Olsen’s tribute to Robert Reed is touching, worth reading via the link. However, I wish she had not written “being gay killed him.” Being gay didn’t make his life miserable. The overwhelming dispproval of being gay, which was the standard social attitude during his lifetime, made his life miserable.

I had such a crush on Mike Brady! I remember wishing he would stop wearing pajama tops so I could see his chest.

4. Paul R says

Plenty of other people were gay during Robert Reed’s era, especially in Hollywood. Everyone knew about, say, Liberace, Rock Hudson, and Charles Nelson Reilley. Reed had some bigger issues.

5. gr8guya says

The video of the SF Transbay Terminal is an old version of the building. Since this was made, much “value engineering” has taken place. Gone: the tram from the sidewalk to the garden. Gone: the glass shell of the terminal replaced by a pierced metal screen.

Instead of a light cloud of glass floating over the street, it looks a dark grey metal storm cloud.

This interesting concept is going downhill faster than a cable car with broken brakes.

6. UFFDA says

Tim – your prediction that anti-gay bias will return (as if it has left us) is soooo scary, how did you get so smart? Believe me dude, this fairy’s tough enough to fight, but far more than that, smart enough to avoid it.

7. terryp says

Thank you Bill Michael, I would two. I think Wounded Knee is a sacred spot. I left my prayers & tears there many years ago. Americans should be ashamed.