News Anchors Lose It After Astonishingly Dumb Ryan Lochte Interview: VIDEO

Fox29

Sheinelle Jones and Mike Jerrick, hosts of Fox Philly's Good Day, completely lost it after their interview with Ryan Lochte.

Watch and you'll see why, AFTER THE JUMP...

Lochte

Comments

1. That boy is as smart as a bag of hammers.

Posted by: Firestorm | Apr 19, 2013 9:11:54 AM

2. That interview was the best. I'm going to try to watch his show because it will either be comedy gold or mind numbingly bad.

Posted by: Isaac | Apr 19, 2013 9:31:12 AM

3. vacuous but cute..

Posted by: Mark C. | Apr 19, 2013 9:33:42 AM

4. More stupid: the newcasters.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 19, 2013 9:35:02 AM

5. That was rude. You don't invite someone on your show to make fun of him once the interview is over.

Posted by: topher | Apr 19, 2013 9:39:34 AM

6. I watch them just about every morning. Love Sheinelle. A friend of mine went on a date with her years ago, she's very sweet.

Posted by: Jersey | Apr 19, 2013 9:39:46 AM

7. Hilarious. I wish all newscasters could be as relaxed and funny as those two.

Posted by: Ken | Apr 19, 2013 9:41:03 AM

8. She was laughing so hard she had back pains.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 19, 2013 9:43:08 AM

9. A vacant mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Posted by: Peter | Apr 19, 2013 9:47:08 AM

10. lochte is an idiot

Posted by: Moz's | Apr 19, 2013 9:47:50 AM

11. look, we already know Ryan is not a brain surgeon, so you just keep the bar low when interviewing him....just focus on looking at him......not sure if the anchors should be mocking him......

Posted by: Bernie | Apr 19, 2013 9:48:07 AM

12. Proof that being a bimbo IS an equal opportunity occupation.

Please Gods, let him NOT be gay, he'd make us all look bad.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Apr 19, 2013 9:50:15 AM

13. Both TOOLS
    But it's Fox-
    what would you expect?

Posted by: fdny | Apr 19, 2013 9:50:31 AM

14. At least Ryan is physically perfect. These hosts are hilarious.

Posted by: NYC212 | Apr 19, 2013 9:51:18 AM

15. Keep it classy!

Posted by: Gigi | Apr 19, 2013 9:51:22 AM

16. This is sort of mean. He didn't come across as dumb. Pretentious and pompous yes. but not dumb...

Posted by: RandyN | Apr 19, 2013 10:03:35 AM

17. I see a new movie role for Matthew McConaughey

Posted by: jakeinlove | Apr 19, 2013 10:04:16 AM

18. Alright, the newscasters were entertaining. Since I didn't see the whole interview, I feel I may have missed something. I say this because Ryan seems like a sincerely nice guy, and these two were making jokes at his expense during an interview on national television. That's not cool.

Posted by: Marco | Apr 19, 2013 10:13:25 AM

19. But it's like they said, how are you going to make a 13 week program out of this. There's only so much you can devote to how he looks or what stupid thing he's doing on a particular day.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Apr 19, 2013 10:21:06 AM

20. Poor Ryan. But he does need to work on being more relaxed and "in on the joke" (as his inspired "30 Rock" cameo demonstrated), lest he come across as a fatal combo of pompous and vacuous.

I have to say, that newscaster lady has the most infectious laugh since the infamous Russian newslady a couple years ago (anyone have a link to that?). It's sort of like watching the old "Carol Burnett" sketches, where you'd lose it just because she was losing it.

Posted by: Dback | Apr 19, 2013 10:22:16 AM

21. He's a very attractive, award winning Olympic swimmer. He doesn't need to be smart too. Gheez.

With Ryan, I suspect it's less about his actual intelligence and more about his personality. I'm sure he's a smart as most people but there's something about his personality that amplifies his naïveté.

Posted by: Joe | Apr 19, 2013 10:26:03 AM

22. Ryan Lochte is seeking out attention for a new reality show about himself, right?

Why are people feeling sorry for him? He's famewhore and should be treated like all dumb whores should be treated.

If he was a bit smarter he wouldn't place himself in a position to be ridiculed; He'd know his limits and maybe his priorities wouldn't be what they apparently are, poor little pretty thing.

I'm looking forward to the naked photo shoot (or "accidentally" leaked sex video) that'll be his last desperate grasp for fame.

Posted by: TD | Apr 19, 2013 10:26:12 AM

23. They, Mike and Sheinelle, were asking him questions appropriate to his level I think. They lost it after the interview because Mike mentioned Lotche liking watersports and after what seems like the only interest in this guy is his sexy-time running around trying to pick up women the watersports comment was particularly funny. Sometimes you just can't hold the laughter back. The funny thing about this was that the hosts couldn't contain it.

Posted by: Jersey | Apr 19, 2013 10:33:02 AM

24. I agree. This isn't someone on the street they are laughing at. This is a celebrity fame-whore. He's putting himself out there to be mocked. And people are going to mock him. And he's gonna laugh all the way to the bank too. I wish I would get paid as much as he's gonna get to have cameras following me around partying at the club. Come on! I'm stuck in this stupid desk making a lousy pittance.

Posted by: AJ | Apr 19, 2013 10:35:49 AM

25. Wouldn't it be more depressing if he was smart, sophisticated, and charming? If he had killer looks AND he's smart? That would make me feel truly envious. As it is, he got good looks and not much else.

Posted by: gr8guya | Apr 19, 2013 10:35:58 AM