BigGayDeal.com

News: Hillary Clinton, Daddy Yankee, North Korea, NYC Winter

RoadNorth Korea moves missile to coast. MAP: How far they reach.

RoadDEA reportedly flustered over attempts to intercept Apple iMessages.

RoadNate Silver applies mathematics to the surge in Senate support for marriage equality.

H_clintonRoadHillary Clinton signs book deal: "She is working on a memoir and policy book about her years as secretary of state, Simon & Schuster told The Associated Press. The book has yet to be titled and is tentatively scheduled for June 2014. Financial terms were not disclosed."

RoadBoy quits Lena Dunham's Girls.

RoadNYC has been experiencing record cold, in case you didn't notice: “I’ve been working up quite a storm about the exceptional features of the period November through March — in particular a lack of days it hit 60 degrees. The streak we had was from February 1 through April 1, and no longer spell of sub-60-degrees maxima existed until you go back to 1970."

RoadDirector Morgan Spurlock says he has shot "more shirtless moments than you can imagine" with One Direction.

RoadTransgender woman died from discrimination: "The allegations stem from a June 15, 2012, incident, when Smith’s mother, Jenette Cox called 911 after Smith – a transgender woman who was born a man – went into diabetic shock. When EMS responders arrived on the scene and found the victim to be transgender, they failed to render services, Cox alleges."

RoadVoice of Elmo Kevin Clash sued by fifth accuser.

RoadChad White for Citizen K Sport Homme.

DicaprioRoadLeonardo DiCaprio, brunette.

RoadSydney's rainbow crosswalk set to be painted over: "Sydney Mayor Clover Moore sought the crossing to be painted by Taylor Square for a month-long trial period over Mardi Gras, but she says it should now become a permanent tourist attraction which demonstrates the diversity and inclusiveness of the area."

RoadMikhail Kuzmin: the Oscar Wilde of Russia?

RoadTrans MMA fighter Fallon Fox cleared of accusations she lied on her Florida license application: "It makes me feel vindicated," Fox told Outsports. "I feel very happy that they came to the right conclusion. I wasn't too doubtful that they would. I was pretty sure they would look into it and realize I wasn't trying to deceive them with what I thought was a license."

RoadFormer student describes being gay at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University: "Why would I, the world's most hypersexual fag, come to Jerry Falwell's university?!"

RoadRyan Lochte wants to be the next Kim Kardashian.

RoadThis is the strangest thing you'll see all day.

DaddyyankeeRoadLatino Reggaeton artist Daddy Yankee denies he's gay: "Once again social networks are the protagonists in spreading false news, which have been replicated by other media involving a public figure. The story that is circulating about Daddy Yankee’s homosexuality declaration is a false story written by an Internet portal as many others, dedicated to fabricate and disseminate news through social networks."

RoadObama planning on returning 5% of his salary  "to the Treasury in solidarity with federal workers who are going to be furloughed as part of the automatic budget cuts known as the sequester."

RoadMore than half of graduating class at Johns Hopkins University wants Dr. Ben Carson to withdraw as commentcement speaker.

RoadFlorida Family Policy Council head and anti-gay activist John Stemberger creates group to oppose lifting of Boy Scouts gay ban: “It’s hip, it’s edgy to be gay and so they’re all saying they’re gay—they have no idea,” Stemberger said. “Well if scouting sends the message, ‘we’re open for gays,’ you’re going to have so much nonsense going on between older boys and younger boys.”

RoadNew Quinnipiac poll puts same-sex marriage support at 50 percent: "Fifty-percent of American voters support same-sex marriage, while 41 percent oppose it and the remaining 9 percent are unsure or did not answer, according to a Quinnipiac University Polling Institute survey released on Thursday. It’s the first time support has reached the 50 percent threshold for Quinnipiac."

Comments

1. The last line in the article about Russia's Oscar Wilde: "We should never think that hard-won gains can’t vanish overnight at the stroke of a pen here in Canada, just as they have more than once in Russia."

That's a wee bit of a stretch, dear lad. The differences between Russian society and Canadian society are legion. Plus Steven Harper has (unfortunately) been P.M. here for god knows how long, and our society continues to make many gay-positive advances.

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 4, 2013 3:56:13 PM

2. I didn't notice the cold in ny because I don't live there

Posted by: rick scatorum | Apr 4, 2013 5:23:44 PM

3. We get some of you clowns don't live in NYC,we don't care what your opinion of our city is. You probably live in east bumble f*** anyway. Probably some irrelevant place that most traveling people fly directly over. So really,we don't care!

Posted by: Audi-owner | Apr 4, 2013 5:31:12 PM

4. And I'm pointing this out simply because I'm sick of the pathetic/loathsome queens around here trash talking New York,a city that is not only a melting pot and is generally way more accepting and inclusive than any of the places most readers here are originally from,but also from a bunch of bitter idiots who have probably only been to the city 2 or 3 times in their entire pathetic lives (if at all) and those who have lived here for a short time and probably had a crappy reprehensible attitude from the start and could just dish it out but couldn't take it.

And as far as that reggaeton "Daddy Yankee" or whatever the hell his name is,who cares?! He probably is gay and refuses to come out of the closet,just like all the other "urban" ghetto "artists" out there. So he'll lash out,say a few anti-gay slurs to cover his a** and then the rumors will circulate next year.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Apr 4, 2013 5:48:50 PM

5. If North Korea bombs Japan or South Korea, which it won't, it will have a wave a hellfire rain down on it. The US would fully support any attack. The little punk running the country is going to be taken out one way or the other, and the country is powerless to attack or retaliate.

Also, Audi, when do people attack NYC on this site? I agree there's too much bitterness and malice in the comments, but I've been on this site for 6 or 7 years and don't recall anyone going after NYC. Why would they? There have been a lot more attacks on SF, LA, and various rural towns.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 4, 2013 6:06:14 PM

6. @Audi-owner

You're the one who sounds bitter... and vulgar and rude. I've never been to NYC, I live in a City on the south coast of England and I like it a lot but I'm not so arrogant as to say "It's the BEST city in the world!" as so many Manhattanites like to say.

I'd like to go some time but I suspect that NYC is a riot if you're rich and miserable if you're not. I'd much prefer to live somewhere clean, relatively low in crime with little to no homelessness than to be standing in the gutter looking up at the Park Avenue balconies and the offices of Fortune 500 companies where men earn more in a year than I will in 5 lifetimes... or watching celebrities and trust fund babies swan around in town cars while I'm crushed to death on the stinking subway or freezing to death on the streets. Or simply just being mugged or murdered.

My city may not be the greatest in the world - far from it. And it probably isn't NYC either.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Apr 4, 2013 8:45:21 PM

7. "We get some of you clowns don't live in NYC,we don't care what your opinion of our city is. You probably live in east bumble f*** anyway. Probably some irrelevant place that most traveling people fly directly over"

Yeah I live in Austin, and unless you're coming to Austin I would imagine you'd fly over it. If you're a traveling person visiting Austin it WOULD be relevant to not to, though.

Posted by: MIke | Apr 4, 2013 9:35:56 PM

8. @ Jack Ford

Thank you! You're a case in point! Get the stick out of your arrogant ass pal! By the way,the city doesn't use Town Cars anymore,they're gradually pulling their remaining town cars off the road,it's 2013 not 2003. Stifle yourself and get out more.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Apr 5, 2013 12:23:15 AM

9. And yes Jack Ford,you *ARE* the bitter one. Accusing the messenger of the same crimes you're guilty of doesn't make it any less true. I read so much useless garbage and excrement from you people it's gotten to the point where I can no longer act all "politically correct" about it. Get a life,get a clue,and get a blow job or something. I'm sure it's tiresome walking around like a pompous ass with a big ol' stick so far up your rectum,it reaches your esophagus. I'm not gonna stand here and make your personal bitterness my problem.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Apr 5, 2013 12:30:44 AM

10. Seems like you already have.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 5, 2013 1:52:34 AM

11. Are Rick/Audi-Owner/Adam all multiple personalities of the same person? This must be the meth-head version.

You're the one who started attacking before anyone even commented on NYC, AO. I probably shouldn't have painted such a bleak picture of NYC or the people who live there. I'm sure it has so much to offer that I can't access even in London but people like you are the worst type of arrogant... so to any other NYCers óther than this w*nker, I'm sorry.

And PS if they're (now) gradually pulling town cars off the road, how are they not still using them?

Posted by: Jack Ford | Apr 5, 2013 12:44:17 PM

12. Someone needs a boot in their ass.

Posted by: greenfuzz | Apr 5, 2013 4:27:20 PM