BigGayDeal.com

News: Gay Military Wedding, France, Ryan Gosling, Ken Cuccinelli

RoadGOP should be afraid of Clinton run in 2016.

RoadHRC releases demands for core principles to be included in LGBT-inclusive immigration reform.

Dwayne_jonathanRoadFreedom to Marry follows up on its photo essay featuring military couple Jonathan and Dwayne.

RoadTom Cruise travels with assistant and portable heater.

RoadFrance's Senate begins debate on marriage equality bill: "The senate debate is scheduled to last until April 13. Last month the National Assembly approved the measure, putting France on track to join about a dozen mostly European nations that allow gay marriage. Both houses are dominated by President Francois Hollande's Socialist Party and its allies." And narrowly rejects motion for national marriage equality referendum.

RoadRutgers Athletics Director out after Mike Rice firing.

RoadGay sitcom is unlikely hit in Vietnam: "The first episode of 'My Best Gay Friends' has now attracted over one million views on YouTube. The show's success has come as a surprise in Vietnam, where gay and lesbian people face routine discrimination in universities and workplaces and are frequently ridiculed in popular media."

RoadJurassic Park IV to introduce new dinosaur.

RoadTRAILER: Ryan Gosling in Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives.

CoppolaRoadGay Catholic man stripped of his roles and responsibilities at Long Island parish for getting married. "I was in shock. I had just come home from my honeymoon. I went to mass on Martin Luther King Day, where we heard a great sermon about justice and equality," said Mr. Coppola, recalling the meeting. "After mass, I was summoned into the pastor's office and told that I could no longer be active in my own parish."

RoadFlorida LGBT students to convene at Florida International University.

RoadDoes Illinois' marriage equality bill hinge on Black lawmakers?

RoadLove Free or Die, featuring gay Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson, denied "family friendly" status: "The Dove Foundation, an organization whose mission is to encourage and promote the creation, production, distribution and consumption of wholesome family entertainment, has denied Director Macky Alston’s critically-acclaimed documentary LOVE FREE OR DIE its 'Family Approved' seal."

RoadJada Pinkett Smith asked if she has an open marriage.

RoadZac Efron and Dave Franco are looking cleaned up and dapper.

Ken_cuccinelliRoadVirginia AG Ken Cuccinelli won't say if he's committed any crimes against nature.

RoadSenator Rob Portman sorting out aftermath of coming out for equality: "I thought he was talking father to father with me,” said Mr. Burress, who supports discredited therapies aimed at changing sexual orientation. “I spent four and a half years on the board of an organization that helped people walk away from homosexuality. It is not innate; you’re not born that way. That devastated me, that he embraced his son’s behavior.”

RoadTransgender gamers share their stories, joys, and fears.

RoadMichelangelo Signorile on Congressman Matt Salmon: "My head is going to explode if I hear someone say one more time that a parent can unconditionally "love" his or her child while still not 'accepting' the fact that the child is gay, and can even oppose rights for the child. Yesterday several callers to my radio program accused me of being unreasonable, and even hateful, for saying that we are now well past the time when such thinking is acceptable. If you're working against rights for your own children in the name of your religious faith, even while claiming that you love those children, then you are selfish and pathetic, actually loving yourself and your beliefs more than you love your own kids."

Comments

1. Well said, Michelangelo!

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 5, 2013 3:55:28 PM

2. Ha! Well, I guess Virginia certainly isn't for lovers - gay or straight!

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 5, 2013 4:00:33 PM

3. AMEN, Signorile! No, Salmon Sr. doesn't love his son. He doesn't even accept him. He tolerates him, barely, as long as his whipped boy toes the line and never grows a spine. It's amazingly sad.

Nearly all of my American friends grew up in anti-gay conservative households - no wonder they made their way(s) to NYC. BUT, and it's a big but (i like big buts and i cannot lie), their parents at least did one thing right: they raised their kids to be strong enough to one day stand up to them and defy them.

Salmon? The double-whammy of being a Republican and a Mormon has both neutered and lobotomized his son.
    There's such thing as "i love my son but don't think he should be allowed to marry" - that's saying "I wish he was straight and i'm still ashamed that he's gay but i can't say that without sounding like an intolerant person. so i'll instead say something else that's pretty intolerant but people as brainwashed as my kind won't be able to make that distinction."

Salmon Jr.'s comments about the "intolerant gay community" are more evidence of this - of course he has to say "we" are intolerant - that's how he's able to buy the peanut shells of tolerance his dad tosses at him.

But yeah. It's an ugly harsh truth - the man doesn't love his kid. not real love, anyway.

as for Cuccinelli - i've said it before but i'll say it again - anti-gay conservatives always come across as people who haven't had a decent orgasm in years. if ever. from Virginia Foxx to Santorum to the Bachmann's - these are the faces of people who can't remember what an "O-face" looks like, or feels like.

We gays will not apologize for having rocking orgasms.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 5, 2013 4:03:19 PM

4. I've said this before, Salmon Sr and his ilk (Maggie Gallagher, Bryan Fischer, et al) are unclear on the concept of love. Since he is, he really shouldn't even be allowed to vote or even communicate anything about love until he grows up. As a further show of his inability to love, he's stunted his son' emotional maturity so that his son stands up for the father's childish idea of love.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Apr 5, 2013 4:25:46 PM

5. Look at me ! I'm so political and astute !

Read my ingenious arguments !

I'm SO smart, I know EVERYTHING. I know how strangers feel about their kids !

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 5, 2013 4:33:32 PM

6. I like that you always link to THAT blog post of mine. You have a thing for me in my underwear, eh? ;-) It's to be expected.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 5, 2013 4:49:26 PM

7. HERE's CUCCINELLI'S WEB SITE:

Tweet or email him your DEMAND that he reveal if he or ANYONE on his staff every committed crimes against nature as would be punishable as a felony if his legislation passes.

DEMAND AN ANSWER!! The entire public has a right to know!!

Posted by: Dan Cobbb | Apr 5, 2013 4:55:35 PM

8. Gay men! Stop tweezing your eyebrows to the point at which you look like a grocery store cashier.

Posted by: Hagatha | Apr 5, 2013 5:06:49 PM

9. "I was in shock. I had just come home from my honeymoon."

What part of "Catholic" doesn't this guy understand?

Leave that hateful, criminal organization.

Posted by: Randy | Apr 5, 2013 5:12:38 PM

10. The Catholics discriminate against gays? Shocker. Are you going to try to change them from within? It's not going to work. Go somewhere your energy and commitment is appreciated and leave those bigots to their own devices.

Posted by: HirsuteHeuristics | Apr 5, 2013 5:50:56 PM

11. i think they love their kids in a two-dimensional way, with an asterisk, a footnote, an "even though" or "in spite of", but certainly not "because that's who s/he is"

Posted by: dr rick | Apr 5, 2013 6:13:18 PM

12. read sarah schulman's "ties that bind" on familial homophobia. outstanding

Posted by: dr rick | Apr 5, 2013 6:14:03 PM

13. gays have never been considered part of "all," as in liberty and justice for, especially in mainstream churches

Posted by: dr rick | Apr 5, 2013 6:18:25 PM

14. Nice to see that the president of Rutgers took the athletic abuse seriously. Now 4 or 5 people making hundreds of thousands have Resigned or been fired. Nice to see repercussions for these idiots.

Posted by: SFshawn | Apr 5, 2013 6:30:24 PM

15. Umm...the Catholic church has rules. If you do not like their rules or find it impossible to follow them...then leave. But feigning shock that they do not approve of your gay marriage just makes you look like an ass.

Posted by: pedro | Apr 5, 2013 6:34:49 PM

16. the bishop of rockville centre (long island)who told that priest to dismiss mr. coppola is gay. and he surrounds himself with a group of adoring gay monsignors. it's a shame murphy has that much power over the only jesuit church in his diocese. coppola should go to the jesuit church of francis xavier on 16th street in manhattan, where he will be treated like a human being.

Posted by: woody | Apr 5, 2013 7:09:14 PM

17. Although I absolutely despise Cucinelli and what he stands for here in this state, everyone is off base in reading his actions.

He wants the law to apply when adults solicit or engage minors in these sexual acts. I don't have a problem with that, but he would be better off to propose a new law or a modification to the existing laws than file and appeal.

Posted by: HirsuteHeuristics | Apr 5, 2013 7:32:24 PM

18. Boo hoo hoo. The antigay pedophiles won't let me play in their kool kid klub anymore and I'm so very sad. Won't someone cry for me?

Like there are no other churches that are good enough for such high moral standards. Anyone who is still clinging to the belief that catholicism is the church of decent people deserves what they get. No tears for enablers.

Posted by: stranded | Apr 5, 2013 9:20:58 PM

19. The Bishop Of St Petersburg (florida) is not only gay, but the diocese had to pay Bill Urbanski $150,000 because Bishop Lynch sexually harassed him while Bill Urbanski was in Church employ.

Just search for "Bill Urbanski" in quotes and it will come up.

BTW, this POS lives in an expensive waterfront pool home on the parishioners' wallet. Now I ask you, how does a man who has taken a vow of poverty justify living in a million dollar house with servants?

Posted by: Hagatha | Apr 6, 2013 1:59:31 PM

20. I don't know what's more stupid - being a gay catholic or being all shocked because the catholic church went medieval on your butt for doing something that the catholic church totally hates.

Posted by: Tyler | Apr 8, 2013 12:18:41 AM