Film | News | Nicolas Winding Refn | Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling Enjoying Some Sexual Innuendo with His Director: VIDEO

Gosling

Ryan Gosling offers some killer expressions and tricep n this behind-the-scenes clip from his upcoming film Only God Forgives in which he's instructed by Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn on how to use sexuality to build up his fight scenes.

We're also offered a welcome look at his boxing instruction.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_gosling

Comments

1. AWWWWWWWWWW!!!! HE'S so cute I could bite my toes!!!

Posted by: Geoff | May 3, 2013 11:37:23 AM

2. Ryan. Ryan. Ryan. Why do you have to be soooo sexy AND so funny AND so talented AND so charming..AND so down-to-earth..You make everyone else seem so ordinary.

Posted by: Jeff | May 3, 2013 11:41:40 AM

3. P.S. Your director is a pretentious gasbag.

Posted by: Jeff | May 3, 2013 11:42:16 AM

4. I'm there!

Posted by: DMM | May 3, 2013 11:45:13 AM

5. Marry. Me.

Posted by: mike | May 3, 2013 11:45:43 AM

6. He is cute.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 3, 2013 11:48:27 AM

7. My pants feel funny.

Posted by: mike | May 3, 2013 11:53:59 AM

8. Hot man. But needs bit of fur. :-)

Posted by: Tom | May 3, 2013 12:10:17 PM

9. Only thing I heard was nothing. I saw TRICEP

Posted by: vic | May 3, 2013 12:10:25 PM

10. Ah....bet we know who Sam is going to use as a picture for his "Talking Points"...LOL

Posted by: CB | May 3, 2013 12:21:27 PM

11. "Why do you have to be soooo sexy AND so funny AND so talented AND so charming..AND so down-to-earth"

And supposedly ridiculously hung, to boot.

While I share these sentiments, I have to make note here of the odd love-hate relationship gay men have with straight men.
    I just wonder--if Ryan Gosling were actually gay, would we see the same kind of slobbering over him in these comments that we do here? My gut tells me that we would not.....at the very least, the positive comments would be muffled and more nuanced....and they might even be negative.

No question that many gay men still regard straight men as sexier than even the most masculine and attractive gay men, presumably because they have internalized the idea that "straight" is inherently masculine and "gay" is inherently unmasculine (no matter how apparently masculine a gay guy is).....Because they, themselves, are lacking in masculinity and they equate that lack of masculinity with homosexuality, they simply cannot believe that another gay man could possibly not have at least a little "sissy" in him.....(and many think that any gay man who is masculine is just "faking it" and is really a sissy just like them under the faux exterior)....and if he does have a little "sissy" in him, he cannot possibly ever be as sexy as a straight man--who presumably is devoid of any "sissy" component

It would also be interesting to see how the adoration of Gosling would change is it turned out he was a homophobe or even ambivalent about gays. I am not saying he is--I have no idea--but he was raised a Mormon and I have never heard him express any support for gay rights, so who knows? Would he suddenly cease to be so sexy?

Anyway, yes, he is extraordinarily hot.....

Posted by: Rick | May 3, 2013 12:24:51 PM

12. Now I have to change my underwear, dammit!

Posted by: Mike Ryan | May 3, 2013 12:30:57 PM

13. The ARMS!

Posted by: Tom | May 3, 2013 12:36:46 PM

14. I have so many Thai friends in this movie, and I've heard so many stories from them about working with Ryan, it was the main topic for the three months he was in bangkok. And every single one of the stories is boring, nothing scandalous etc, just a regular nice guy.

And Rick, try not to make everything so complicated to fit your weird little theories. Personally I'd take Matt Bomer over Ryan, but that's partly influenced by an intense desire to shut you up.

Posted by: Brian | May 3, 2013 12:43:39 PM

15. OMG Rick!! STFU! Stop trying to project your BS on everyone! Ryan is adorable that does not make me any less attracted or accepting of GAY men just as they are, however they are!! BTW, is your intention to gay bash every time you post? or are you just SOOOOOOOO self absorbed that you don't realize or care how hurtful the things you post can be? your relentless never ending tirade of masc vs femm is borderline abusive. Maybe you could step off your manly gay soapbox for a little while and let the men who ARE comfortable in their own skin enjoy the conversation with out being bullied by your narrow point of view? I look forward to your condescending response.

Posted by: nefter | May 3, 2013 1:04:21 PM

16. Thank you @nefter and @Brian!!!

Not everything or everyone fits into a lil black and white box of femme, butch, whatever. My bf is very straight-acting, but when his fav diva comes on- he starts jumoing around and yelling- so adorable.

I think the same thing can be true in sex- in gay or straight.... the bottom can be very butch and domineering while obv. also assuming the receptive role- so in that situation, whose masculine and whose femme?

Life isn't split always split into dichotomies.

Posted by: scott | May 3, 2013 1:18:44 PM

17. Hot dayummmmmm. OMG.

Posted by: AJ | May 3, 2013 1:27:14 PM

18. I've just read Rick.

WTF is he on about ?

The whole top/bottom paradigm is hetro based and although the roles are entertaining I don't regard them as compulsory.
    @ Scott ; I totally agree; guys, no matter how straight acting or not, will adopt whatever character they can have fun with, such as acting-out when a favourite singer/actor comes on.
    I think they call it 'fun'.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 3, 2013 1:50:46 PM

19. I had to watch that twice. Once for the arms, and then a second time for the arms. ;)

Posted by: SC David | May 3, 2013 2:57:21 PM

20. Can I please bite him? He is so cute.

Posted by: TY | May 3, 2013 3:17:22 PM

21. Rick...I don't find ricky martin any less sexy or masculine...

Posted by: wonderer | May 3, 2013 4:02:23 PM

22. Now what director does not want the Gosling as his muse? Just go watch "The Place Beyond the Pines".

Posted by: jaragon | May 3, 2013 5:31:33 PM

23. They both cute. No clue what the director was saying but he's adorable.

Posted by: daws | May 3, 2013 5:37:27 PM

24. Yes, the director (Nicolas Winding Refn) is indeed pretentious, but he's a Danish National treasure none the less. Same could be said about Lars Von Trier. But I think most directors are pretentious, right? America certainly has a few pretentious directors as well! ;) But as long as they can back it up with great movies that entertain the masses, who cares? Nothing wrong with being a little eccentric.

As for Ryan Gosling... Well... WOOF! Easily one of the most sexy men. Ever!

Posted by: Niebuhr | May 3, 2013 7:50:20 PM

25. He is cute. I'd like to spank him. But dear god that director is tedious.

Posted by: Mastik8 | May 3, 2013 9:59:39 PM