Comments

1. MateoM says

“what would you do?” Tie the guy up while he was still asleep as quickly as possible and call the cops. Rape is terrible. Murder does not right a wrong.

2. RONTEX says

If he was drugged and raped, why didn’t he call the police, report it and have an exam as well as a blood test to detect drugs in his system? Let’s see if he tries to use the Gay Panic defense.

3. Paul R says

So a homeless guy who is clearly insane makes up a weird story and we’re supposed to be empathetic? I’ve been drugged at gay bars twice and saved in both cases by straight male strangers who essentially carried me home. Non-US citizens and straight guys often seem more caring than gay men, and no I’m not self-loathing.

4. Kev C says

MateoM, I don’t know who that is, or who you are. But if you remember the 60s and 70s, hippies supported black, feminist and environmental causes, but not gay causes.

5. MIke says

I knew when I read the man’s obituary that he was a nice 70-something gay man who workers described as conscientious who made the mistake of picking up this loser and bringing him to his home.

6. Paul R says

@MateoM: Note the use of the qualifier “often.” Not the same as “always.” I live in SF, I was drugged by gay men in the Castro, and I was helped by people who weren’t gay. That’s my experience; it’s not saying that I hate gay men or they’re all evil. I’ve dated a few, after all.

Yes it was a broad generalization. Sorry. But I lost my job because of one incident (went to the holiday party afterward and acted kooky) and got a concussion that required a hospital stay after another.

7. ratbastard says

This Kai character HUSTLES. This wasn’t the first time he went home with an older gay man. Probably has other hustles,too. He’s just a ‘charming’ [on the surface, guarantee you he has a dark side, and people will come forward about how they were afraid of him] sociopathic hustler. Anyone who has known such guys instantly recognize it in others like Kai. The dead man made a fatal mistake picking up this roughtrade. Just my opinion.

Apparently cops are now checking a series of unsolved murders along the route he took traveling across the country. He may turn out to be a prolific serial killer.

8. modern meet says

Wake up you old f**ks! Young dudes are not interested in your ass. They will not be your boyfriend, your f**k buddy, your lover or your roommate unless you can pay for it. Still, paying for it can get your ass killed.