NOM President Brian Brown: Gays Will 'Sexualize', Cause 'Collapse' of the Boy Scouts

NOM President Brian Brown reacted to the Boy Scouts decision in a statement today:

Brown"Today is a sad day for the Boy Scouts of America. They have succumbed to political pressure and abandoned their historic roots in what will prove to be a failed attempt to appease gay activists and corporate donors. Unfortunately, what they have done is said to the world that their oath no longer means much. Their decision to admit openly gay scouts will end up sexualizing the organization. I am certain that having changed their policy on homosexuality, it's only a matter of time before courts order them to admit homosexual scout leaders. Meanwhile, countless thousands of churches will very likely pull their sponsorship rather than endorse homosexuality, and the entire organization will begin to collapse. All of this is happening not because of a true grassroots demand of gay youth to be part of the organization but by an orchestrated political effort by gay activists who want to punish any group or organization that does not embrace homosexuality. It's the beginning of the end for what once was one of America's noblest organizations."

Comments

1. ...... except that none of that has happened with the boy scouts of Canada......

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 24, 2013 12:36:33 PM

2. Boy,that fake concern from a couple days lasted long.

Posted by: greenfuzz | May 24, 2013 12:38:37 PM

3. Such stupidity! He'll certainly have nothing to worry about.

Posted by: John B. | May 24, 2013 12:39:04 PM

4. The Boy Scouts won't be sexualized, Brian, just made slightly more fair. And if an organization can't handle equality, then I'm fine with its demise. But they are Boy Scouts. They will handle the change beautifully, I'm sure.

Posted by: James in Hollywood | May 24, 2013 12:39:07 PM

5. If anybody seems to be sexualizing the Boy Scouts, it's this pervy creep.

Posted by: Jack M | May 24, 2013 12:40:19 PM

6. With so many bigots - it still becomes about gay sex as soon as they hear the word gay. Next time that happens I'm going to call them out - and say to a woman oh ok c***sucker - and to a man c***licker P**** banger or such and see how they feel being reduced to a sex act.

Posted by: HankNYC | May 24, 2013 12:43:18 PM

7. I guess yesterday's BSA vote must prove, Bri-Bri, that our "pro-gay activists" are much better at this than your "homophobic anti-gay activists". So, how's that constant "let's stop the gays" fund-raising effort going for you? Are your faux pleas falling on deaf ears these days following NOM's loss after loss after loss?? Yeah, I thought so. Couldn't happen to a more disgusting group of bigots than you and your fellow NOMbies.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | May 24, 2013 12:47:01 PM

8. Why is he even commenting on this? I thought he wasn't anti-gay and was just pro "traditional" marriage..We all know you for the bigot you are Brian

Posted by: Dave In PA | May 24, 2013 12:47:11 PM

9. This has nothing to do with marriage, which is what this con artist claims to be so concerned about.

Posted by: homer | May 24, 2013 12:48:25 PM

10. There she goes again, projecting...

Posted by: Mark Alexander | May 24, 2013 12:48:39 PM

11. In other words, "If I were gay, which I am not, and I were in the Boy Scouts, which I am not, hoo boy, I would sexualize with as many of those other boys as I could. You better believe it, I'd be like a kid in a candy store, if I were gay, which I'm not, but if I were..."

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | May 24, 2013 12:52:22 PM

12. So much self-loathing.
    Such incredible jealously and hatred for openly gay humans.
    I read that Salvatore Cordilone(yeah the drunk seriously closted and anti-gay catholic archbishop of San Francisco is a godfather to one of Brown's children.
    Really the only thing they understand is $$$$$. I can't wait for the day when all these hate groups either have to pay taxes to voice their hate or shut their mouths.
    The Catholic Church,NOM,the Boy Scouts and many,many other organizations have had it BOTH WAYS for tooooooo long. Time for them to PAY TAXES if they want to play politics with people's lives,especially the millions of TAX PAYING GLBT CITIZENS in this country.
    Time for fairness and equality.
    Time to silence these haters.

Posted by: SFshawn | May 24, 2013 12:52:53 PM

13. Own it Brian...you simply don't like homosexuals. You can no longer use protecting "traditional" marriage as a shield to hide your homophobia.

Wear the "bigot" merit badge proudly. You've earned it.

Posted by: Taylor | May 24, 2013 12:53:59 PM

14. Actually Nazi Brian Brown, gay and straight ally youth and youth who have gay parents were the ones who did most of the speaking, delivered the petitions, and returned their badges and said they were willing to quit the BSA.

What does this have to do with marriage? Second you just said days ago that you do not condone hate and violence against gay people but in that statement alone you go on to do just that. Repulsive lying bigot.

It is you anti-gay Nazi maggots who are sexualizing everything. We are not talking about sex. We are talking about earning merit badges and going camping. You are the one that is talking about boys having sex you perverted pedophile.

Posted by: RMc | May 24, 2013 12:58:05 PM

15. Brian brown can go suck a lemon

Posted by: Will | May 24, 2013 1:05:42 PM

16. It'll be like the repeal of DADT... nothing will happen. Life will go on & the BSA will be better for it.

Posted by: JohnP | May 24, 2013 1:06:44 PM

17. Brown, Perkins, et al. are getting to be so predictable that you don't even have to read their stuff any more. You already know what it's going to say.

Posted by: Hunter | May 24, 2013 1:09:18 PM

18. This statement comes to us from the president of the "National Organization for Marriage." Now could anyone tell me what the Boy Scouts have to do with the institution of marriage? NOM's not-so-hidden agenda is becoming painfully transparent.

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | May 24, 2013 1:22:31 PM

19. Why is he even commenting about this? He and his organization oppose same-sex marriage, not the mere existence of gay people.

Yeah, right...

Posted by: Douglas | May 24, 2013 1:24:44 PM

20. Yes, Brian. I'm sure the Scouts will now have a "Fisting" badge and require the neckerchiefs to be worn in the back pocket. *rolls eyes*

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | May 24, 2013 1:36:19 PM

21. The Catholic Church gives a free pass to priests who abuse boys, Brian! Even protects and 'disappears' them, but (somehow) an openly gay Scout leader is a threat? Eat me!

Posted by: Geoff | May 24, 2013 1:59:39 PM

22. Ok, the 'Fisting Badge' comment almost made me spit-take my coffee. LOL! But seriously, Brian Brown is just pathetic. Honestly I don't think he personally cares one bit about whether they allow gays in the Boy Scouts or whether SSM is legalized or not. He's just happy to ride the waaaaaaaaambulance all the way to the bank. It's what lines his pockets.

Posted by: Gary A/House Music Pusher | May 24, 2013 2:02:25 PM

23. yes, gays are responsible for every teenage boy that talks about sex.

or, is it that it's ok to talk about straight sex, but not gay sex.

hmmmmmmm...

Posted by: northalabama | May 24, 2013 2:10:07 PM

24. I would be more afraid to belong to a group that this closet case is running, they are all to obsessed with sex. Its not all about that.

Posted by: mark | May 24, 2013 2:15:49 PM

25. Nailed Brian.
    Exposed for the true anti-gay bigot that you are. Traditional marriage my a**.

Glad so many of the posters here read him for this lie he's been able to use as a shield for so long.

Posted by: JONES | May 24, 2013 2:22:34 PM