NOM President Brian Brown: Gays Will ‘Sexualize’, Cause ‘Collapse’ of the Boy Scouts

NOM President Brian Brown reacted to the Boy Scouts decision in a statement today:

Brown"Today is a sad day for the Boy Scouts of America. They have succumbed to political pressure and abandoned their historic roots in what will prove to be a failed attempt to appease gay activists and corporate donors. Unfortunately, what they have done is said to the world that their oath no longer means much. Their decision to admit openly gay scouts will end up sexualizing the organization. I am certain that having changed their policy on homosexuality, it's only a matter of time before courts order them to admit homosexual scout leaders. Meanwhile, countless thousands of churches will very likely pull their sponsorship rather than endorse homosexuality, and the entire organization will begin to collapse. All of this is happening not because of a true grassroots demand of gay youth to be part of the organization but by an orchestrated political effort by gay activists who want to punish any group or organization that does not embrace homosexuality. It's the beginning of the end for what once was one of America's noblest organizations."

Comments

1. James in Hollywood says

The Boy Scouts won’t be sexualized, Brian, just made slightly more fair. And if an organization can’t handle equality, then I’m fine with its demise. But they are Boy Scouts. They will handle the change beautifully, I’m sure.

2. HankNYC says

With so many bigots – it still becomes about gay sex as soon as they hear the word gay. Next time that happens I’m going to call them out – and say to a woman oh ok c***sucker – and to a man c***licker P**** banger or such and see how they feel being reduced to a sex act.

3. HadenoughBS says

I guess yesterday’s BSA vote must prove, Bri-Bri, that our “pro-gay activists” are much better at this than your “homophobic anti-gay activists”. So, how’s that constant “let’s stop the gays” fund-raising effort going for you? Are your faux pleas falling on deaf ears these days following NOM’s loss after loss after loss?? Yeah, I thought so. Couldn’t happen to a more disgusting group of bigots than you and your fellow NOMbies.

4. Dave In PA says

Why is he even commenting on this? I thought he wasn’t anti-gay and was just pro “traditional” marriage..We all know you for the bigot you are Brian

5. Dastius Krazitauc says

In other words, “If I were gay, which I am not, and I were in the Boy Scouts, which I am not, hoo boy, I would sexualize with as many of those other boys as I could. You better believe it, I’d be like a kid in a candy store, if I were gay, which I’m not, but if I were…”

6. SFshawn says

So much self-loathing.
    Such incredible jealously and hatred for openly gay humans.
    I read that Salvatore Cordilone(yeah the drunk seriously closted and anti-gay catholic archbishop of San Francisco is a godfather to one of Brown’s children.
    Really the only thing they understand is $$$$$. I can’t wait for the day when all these hate groups either have to pay taxes to voice their hate or shut their mouths.
    The Catholic Church,NOM,the Boy Scouts and many,many other organizations have had it BOTH WAYS for tooooooo long. Time for them to PAY TAXES if they want to play politics with people’s lives,especially the millions of TAX PAYING GLBT CITIZENS in this country.
    Time for fairness and equality.
    Time to silence these haters.

7. Taylor says

Own it Brian…you simply don’t like homosexuals. You can no longer use protecting “traditional” marriage as a shield to hide your homophobia.

Wear the “bigot” merit badge proudly. You’ve earned it.

8. RMc says

Actually Nazi Brian Brown, gay and straight ally youth and youth who have gay parents were the ones who did most of the speaking, delivered the petitions, and returned their badges and said they were willing to quit the BSA.

What does this have to do with marriage? Second you just said days ago that you do not condone hate and violence against gay people but in that statement alone you go on to do just that. Repulsive lying bigot.

It is you anti-gay Nazi maggots who are sexualizing everything. We are not talking about sex. We are talking about earning merit badges and going camping. You are the one that is talking about boys having sex you perverted pedophile.

9. JohnP says

It’ll be like the repeal of DADT… nothing will happen. Life will go on & the BSA will be better for it.

10. says

Brown, Perkins, et al. are getting to be so predictable that you don’t even have to read their stuff any more. You already know what it’s going to say.

11. Artie_in_Lauderdale says

This statement comes to us from the president of the “National Organization for Marriage.” Now could anyone tell me what the Boy Scouts have to do with the institution of marriage? NOM’s not-so-hidden agenda is becoming painfully transparent.

12. Douglas says

Why is he even commenting about this? He and his organization oppose same-sex marriage, not the mere existence of gay people.

Yeah, right…

13. Geoff says

The Catholic Church gives a free pass to priests who abuse boys, Brian! Even protects and ‘disappears’ them, but (somehow) an openly gay Scout leader is a threat? Eat me!

14. says

Ok, the ‘Fisting Badge’ comment almost made me spit-take my coffee. LOL! But seriously, Brian Brown is just pathetic. Honestly I don’t think he personally cares one bit about whether they allow gays in the Boy Scouts or whether SSM is legalized or not. He’s just happy to ride the waaaaaaaaambulance all the way to the bank. It’s what lines his pockets.

15. northalabama says

yes, gays are responsible for every teenage boy that talks about sex.

or, is it that it’s ok to talk about straight sex, but not gay sex.

hmmmmmmm…

16. mark says

I would be more afraid to belong to a group that this closet case is running, they are all to obsessed with sex. Its not all about that.

17. JONES says

Nailed Brian.
    Exposed for the true anti-gay bigot that you are. Traditional marriage my a**.

Glad so many of the posters here read him for this lie he’s been able to use as a shield for so long.

18. says

I’m still half-convinced that these bigots take these extreme stances in order to terrify their own children into never Coming Out.

you have EIGHT kids, Brian.

anticipate a world of grief.

19. Beebs says

If I hear any more about “self loathing”….. what a tired come back. And as far as the Boyscouts go, wasn’t that really the idea — to destroy it? Thank God Kiwi says they’ve still got it in Canada

20. jamal49 says

Brian, honey? It’s not about sex. It’s about a boy’s humanity, who he is, the integrity of his existence. Only a perv like you and the rest of your creepy christian cohorts would corrupt something so innocent as a young boy, gay or straight, wanting to be a Boy Scout.

21. GregV says

It’s richly ironic that Brown thinks (or pretends to think) that the side that “sexualizes” the scouts is the one that thinks it ‘s none of their freaking business to determine who is in each scout’s wet dreams.
    I think he’s projecting his own inner guilt if he can’t get his mind off sexual fantasies when the focus should be on learning to tie knots and gathering firewood.
    If he were a leader of the Klan, he’d be angry that kids are being “racialized” by those troops who don’t bother to categorize and divide them based on race.

22. rees cramer says

Mr. Brown,
    I find you to be a very disgusting and inappropriate person. You are the one bringing sex into this conversation. The issue with scouting is not about sex yet you keep talking about it. Who has a sex obsession? YOU!

23. Michaelandfred says

Easy way to prevent that. Hang a picture of Brian in every tent. Won’t be a 12 year old boner for miles…..

24. NE1 says

This is like saying evil little gay boys will corrupt perfect little straight boys. Nothing gets closer to actually causing suicides than this.

25. simon says

Brian, you should be more worried about NOM collapsing. In case you didn’t notice that things are not going well recently for your organization. God leaving the Scouts is one thing; but donors leaving you is another thing which is more damaging.

26. anon says

The collapse of the BSA will not be the end of the world. The BSA was in part a reaction to the influx of immigrant children a century ago that were all the things American kids were not supposed to be: Catholic or Jewish, urban, non-English speaking, poor and sickly. It got its biggest boosts from the two world wars and has been fading since the 1950’s.

27. Bob says

REMEMBER, HE IS PAID TO SAY THIS CRAP
    and he is spokeman for a small organization with good publicity

I SUGGEST WE PUT OUR ENERGY into talking to local people and educating them. Folks like Brown want you to answer them, a waste of time, instead of doing something to spread the good word

28. says

‘m a Libertarian Republican and I can tell you i’m stunned at the ignorance coming out of my own party! I applaud the Boy scouts of America for supporting the inclusion of it’s gay members, but I want to see the LGBT parents of good moral character and ethics being able to volunteer to mentor the next generations of young Americans who will inherit what we leave behind! I wrote about this in my article on http://buellreview.com/gays-wi… I hope you all can read this and comment and show your support. I have had some interactions on twitter where Conservatives tried to get my twitter account suspended for joining Log Cabin Republicans and supporting orgs like GOProud. There are many gay Libertarians I’m glad to call friends and my friends are not second class citizens!

29. says

the party you support are the reason that they *are* second class citizens, though.

so congrats on voting to ensure that you and your friends are second-class citizens.

Buell, I can’t find “you” on your webpage, can you help us out so we can see who you are?

i clicked on “http://buellreview.com/about-the-author/” but even that doesn’t show anything.

thanks!

30. Peter says

This statement proves that NOM is simply an anti-gay organization. The Boy Scout issues have nothing to do with marriage, which is supposedly the focus of NOM. They should be honest and change their name to National Organization Against Gays.

31. says

Little Kiwi, maybe my website wwas still propagating the About the author page, but i’ll look into it, thanks! As far as my party, the Democrats left me a long time ago. I’m fiscally conservative and socially moderate, in other words a Libertarian Ron Paul, senator Rand Paul type republican, but not just those two.

32. Jerry6 says

Mr Brown, Get some knowledge about the Boy Scouts before you start your Bigoted Ravings. First off, the Scouts got along very well BEFORE the Moron Church and others took them over from local business organizations. There were Gay Scouts and Gay Scoutmasters from the very beginning of Scouting in the United States. I KNOW because I was a Scout in the 1930 – 1940 period. I was in the “Queer” Patrol of my Troop and the Scoutmaster was a known Homosexual.

What happened? The straits learned from Scouting with Gays that we were no threat to their manhood or or future families. I remained friends with all of my Patrol after “Growing Up”.

33. Goodcarver says

@SFshawn etal; You are right. These spewers of political rhetoric should be taxed, like the other parties who state political views.