New Ride Puts You 400 Feet in the Air on a Swing: VIDEO

Swing

A new ride at Six Flags in Arlington, Texas lifts thrillseekers 400 feet in the air in a chair swing. Wheeeeee!

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. We'll, that's not a faint away from a fatality.

Posted by: jcloud | May 25, 2013 7:28:41 PM

2. You just know somebody is gonna be slingshot outta there one day.
    Maybe deliberately.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 7:41:28 PM

3. No.

Posted by: Arkark | May 25, 2013 8:10:31 PM

4. Since it's in Texas, you know it'll be subject to frequent and stringent safety inspections.

Posted by: Merv | May 25, 2013 8:28:30 PM

5. no thanks. it's not the heights, it's the repetitive circular swinging. blergh.

Posted by: gomez | May 25, 2013 8:47:09 PM

6. My stomach dropped just reading the headline. There's no way ever I could do that.

Posted by: theonlyhankinla | May 25, 2013 8:48:40 PM

7. Weeee! Looks like fun.

Posted by: LJC | May 25, 2013 9:37:12 PM

8. Ok. I LOVE thrill stuff but I discovered I had my limits on a lovely ride known as The Dungeon Drop at Six Flags Astroworld in Houston, TX. I think it lifted you up ~280 ft before you plummeted back down...like a rock!

I don't think I breathed the whole way down. I was in shock. My brother had to peel me out of the seat. I had a like an air bubble sensation in my chest.

Never. Again.

Posted by: daws | May 25, 2013 9:55:41 PM

9. No big deal.

I've been suspended from the end of a rope with a lot more than 400 feet of air below me, and in just a harness, not a nice comfortable chair. It wasn't stressful either, although some physical effort was needed - didn't have a machine to haul me up automatically.

Posted by: Bill | May 25, 2013 10:39:36 PM

10. the swing chairs at carnivals - to me - are the single most scary ride of all amusement park rides - I can handle crazy rollercoasters...but something about hanging in a swing... that ride is my nightmare, haha

Posted by: steve | May 25, 2013 10:46:05 PM

11. NEVER EVER

Posted by: mike | May 26, 2013 1:12:45 AM

12. NEVER EVER

Posted by: mike | May 26, 2013 1:12:49 AM

13. they have oneof these at knotts berry farm for all you Angelinos

Posted by: nick | May 26, 2013 1:57:12 AM

14. The Knotts Berry Farm one broken twice last year. Each time, riders were stuck for over 3 hours at about 300 feet off the ground.

Posted by: alex | May 26, 2013 2:23:01 AM

15. Uhm, no. I rode something similar at Coney a couple years ago and started into a panic attack thinking all I wanted to do was unlatch myself a step off. FU@KING never again.

Posted by: Marc C | May 26, 2013 2:59:03 AM

16. Do they have a puke catcher at the base?

Posted by: saunakarhu | May 26, 2013 3:20:22 AM

17. I did the comparative;y tame one in Vegas and it was sort of like being in hell.

Posted by: Paul R | May 26, 2013 3:50:28 AM

18. What waste of money. All that way up and all you see around you is the polluted garbage dump that is Texas.

Posted by: Carter | May 26, 2013 4:07:24 AM

19. What waste of money. All that way up and all you see around you is the polluted garbage dump that is Texas.

Posted by: Carter | May 26, 2013 4:07:28 AM

20. I've heard Gov. Rick Ferry says he can see Palin's Back Yard from up atop that new fangled whirlymajig.

Posted by: james | May 26, 2013 8:48:47 AM

21. Now that would be fun.

Posted by: Tom | May 26, 2013 9:28:48 AM

22. Just wait for the day this thing malfunctions. And it well. Law of averages. When I was a little kid I used to hate taking the EL Train [elevated subway train] with my mom. It would always tilt really far to one side, and I was convinced it would tip over while I was on it. Sure enough, years later, I found it did in fact tip and fall into the street below on at least 4 occasions, first in the late 1920s. Thanks to the internet I found pictures of all the accidents.

No thanks, I'll pass. Planes and cars on highways you have to do. I'm not going to push it riding this thing.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 26, 2013 10:17:48 AM

23. how often are they gonna be checking the CHAIN LINKS for seperation/wear and tear? NO way id do that....

Posted by: disgusted merikkkan | May 26, 2013 10:36:56 AM

24. I've avoided rides since I got stuck on one that lost power at age 7 or 8 or so. I had to hold on for dear life on a slippery seat for an hour with my cousin.

Posted by: anon | May 26, 2013 10:49:56 AM

25. Says it's the tallest swing ride in the country at 400 ft, but the Insanity atop the Stratosphere in Las Vegas is over 1000.

Posted by: Bill | May 26, 2013 11:05:51 AM