Comments

1. daws says

Ok. I LOVE thrill stuff but I discovered I had my limits on a lovely ride known as The Dungeon Drop at Six Flags Astroworld in Houston, TX. I think it lifted you up ~280 ft before you plummeted back down…like a rock!

I don’t think I breathed the whole way down. I was in shock. My brother had to peel me out of the seat. I had a like an air bubble sensation in my chest.

Never. Again.

2. Bill says

No big deal.

I’ve been suspended from the end of a rope with a lot more than 400 feet of air below me, and in just a harness, not a nice comfortable chair. It wasn’t stressful either, although some physical effort was needed – didn’t have a machine to haul me up automatically.

3. steve says

the swing chairs at carnivals – to me – are the single most scary ride of all amusement park rides – I can handle crazy rollercoasters…but something about hanging in a swing… that ride is my nightmare, haha

4. Marc C says

Uhm, no. I rode something similar at Coney a couple years ago and started into a panic attack thinking all I wanted to do was unlatch myself a step off. FU@KING never again.

5. ratbastard says

Just wait for the day this thing malfunctions. And it well. Law of averages. When I was a little kid I used to hate taking the EL Train [elevated subway train] with my mom. It would always tilt really far to one side, and I was convinced it would tip over while I was on it. Sure enough, years later, I found it did in fact tip and fall into the street below on at least 4 occasions, first in the late 1920s. Thanks to the internet I found pictures of all the accidents.

No thanks, I’ll pass. Planes and cars on highways you have to do. I’m not going to push it riding this thing.

6. anon says

I’ve avoided rides since I got stuck on one that lost power at age 7 or 8 or so. I had to hold on for dear life on a slippery seat for an hour with my cousin.

7. Bill says

@Bill: there are two people posting as “Bill” and the one talking about Las Vegas is a different on than the one who posted the preceding comment.

Maybe its because I’ve only been in Las Vegas for conferences, where we were busy all day, but I had no idea there was some sort of swing ride 1000 feet high there. I can tell you that if you are comfortable with one or two hundred feet of air below you, 400 or 1000 feet is no big deal. You just get a different view.

8. alex says

Bill (#2): I think you could make a case for either ride, depending on how you define it. This one starts on the ground and goes up 400 feet. The Vegas one starts at the top of the tower and just spins.

Not that it matters…I wouldn’t go on either one.

9. MIke says

I drive by this everyday and know that Arlington Memorial Hospital is a couple of blocks from there and could just imagine like a scene from a Mel Brooks’ movie someone breaking loose from that and crash landing in their ER.

10. Joel says

That looks like fun – although I still think Top Thrill Dragster (at 420 ft and 0-120MPH in 4 seconds, Cedar Point) is probably still more of a thrill. Still, I’d so do it!! :-)

11. Joel says

12. Alexander says

I love the ride and it looks cool and yes i love swings ever since i was a little boy but I still don’t love the state. They need Marriage equality before I ever take a visit…ever. Only way i’m anywhere near that location is when I’m waiting in an airport…to go somewhere else…^_^

13. HereinDC says

Texas…..a state that allows a chemical plant next to a Senior retirment village.

Texas has very few rules and regulations…

NEVER EVER Would go to an amusemnet park in Texas.