Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Ken and Derek

Ken_derek

Towleroad readers Ken and Derek were married in New York City on June 14.

Writes Ken: "There's nothing particularly gimmicky or anything, but it does illustrate that you get some damned good vows when you marry a writer..."

I think you'll agree when you watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Not following us on Twitter @TLRD yet? We appreciate it when you share and RT our content.

Don't miss our other recent Gay Proposal/Wedding videos...
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Danielle and Her Girlfriend [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Carl and Andrew [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Shaun and Michael [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Tim and Bennie [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Dan and Eric [tlrd]

Comments

1. (sniff)

Lovely.

Posted by: CMLion | Jun 27, 2013 7:10:08 PM

2. More please!

Posted by: Richard | Jun 27, 2013 7:12:13 PM

3. Should not have watched this at work...(tears falling)

Posted by: Rob | Jun 27, 2013 7:25:20 PM

4. Painful. Saturday Night Live needs to get a hold of these. I look at these guys and I just see their faces in each others... And are you getting married Andy? Go Kim Kardashian and give us all the details!

Posted by: SmileFace | Jun 27, 2013 7:31:30 PM

5. It's uplifting to see the marital fly swatter in action.

Posted by: John | Jun 27, 2013 7:53:12 PM

6. Thank you for sharing. Yours is one of the best wedding vows ever written.

Posted by: Gan | Jun 27, 2013 8:06:02 PM

7. Fantastic!!!

I wish Brian Brown and Maggie Gallagher would watch this to see what they are missing by being mean.

Posted by: fanboy | Jun 27, 2013 8:35:35 PM

8. You think he'd tell you if he were a "rice queen?" He is. God bless you.

Posted by: Smile | Jun 27, 2013 9:10:27 PM

9. Just lovely. Best thing I've seen all day!

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 27, 2013 9:15:41 PM

10. Wow, what great vows. You can just see the love. Congrats.

Posted by: mary | Jun 27, 2013 9:39:56 PM

11. So happy for you two!
    Hope to see you guys soon.

Much Love,
    Wayne

Posted by: WayneInNYC | Jun 27, 2013 10:11:22 PM

12. Aloha from Honolulu - you two are so sweet!

Ken and Derek, all the best, and to your cat-kids too! =]

Kevin

Posted by: Kevin-in-Honolulu | Jun 27, 2013 10:52:08 PM

13. congratulations (sob)!
    a lovely ceremony befitting a couple of absolutely lovely guys
    thanks for sharing :-)......

Posted by: Joe | Jun 28, 2013 12:22:35 AM

14. Wonderful! I wish you both continued love and happiness!

Posted by: Carlos | Jun 28, 2013 3:46:42 AM

15. Okay, Tank has to keep it real here. Congrats to the two guys, and best wishes, but I just kind of wish that the whole thing wasn't so flamboyant and over the top. Gay guys can be macho and can be he-men, too. Some of us are just naturally butch in a lot of ways but that doesn't mean we aren't proud of being gay. I am glad for these fellows, don't get me wrong, but I wish Towleroad would highlight manly gay guys, too, once in a while. I know that some of the bitter, pathetic, middle-aged queens who troll this site are going to tear me apart for speaking up, but hey, I'm just trying to keep it real, guys!

Posted by: TANK | Jun 28, 2013 3:47:36 AM

16. These two will never break up. They'e having too much fun.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 28, 2013 6:12:34 AM

17. Lovely. All the best to the couple!

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 28, 2013 7:09:31 AM

18. I ♥ this video. This is why we all need to work together for equal rights.
    L♥VE IS L♥VE!!

Posted by: 1♥ | Jun 28, 2013 7:25:47 AM

19. @Tank. By all means, please share with all of us your macho wedding video so we can all comment on it. We would be only too pleased to do that!

Posted by: Feetfirst | Jun 28, 2013 7:26:59 AM

20. Tank has no wedding video because Tank has no marriage, no wedding, no fiancé, and no prospects. That "bitter, pathetic, middle-aged queens" crack is classic projection.

Posted by: Currywurst | Jun 28, 2013 8:38:40 AM

21. This is a really great video and I wish you both the best!

I had an "Uh-oh!" moment when the dad (I assume} of one of them stood up and said he didn't always understand their "lifestyle." Whether it was true at the ceremony or just a matter of editing in the video, there was a moment of tension leading to the father's PERFECT follow-up, "How can anyone live with a BLIND cat?!" (I had to replay it a few times to get "blind.") Obviously a sense of humor (and comic timing) run in the family.

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 28, 2013 10:46:42 AM

22. @Tank: There is nothing wrong with your post. You seem to be calling for the celebration of the diversity that exists in the LGBT community. Unfortunately there are some who post on this site, who believe that we all have to march in lock step with what they perceive to be the politically correct opinions. Just ignore them.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 1, 2013 12:47:32 AM