In the Heat of the DOMA Defeat, a Proposal: PHOTO

Ido

Writes Andrés Duque at Blabbeando: "NYPD Officer Thomas Verni proposed to his partner Joe Moran on the streets of the West Village earlier today. Joe said yes. Verni is the New York City Police Department's LGBT community liaison. Moran is the tech director for Cyndi Lauper's True Colors Fund."

Comments

1. UFFDA says

That is one assertive kiss with arms stretched down so that they’re bodies are brought together full length. They are going to have what they want.

2. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTONSTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

BEING NYPD’s COMMUNITY LIAISON IS NO REASON FOR Thomas Verni TO EMBARRASS THE DEPARTMENT AND THE CITY.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

3. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTONSTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

“Frank,” NYPD STILL HAS TO DEAL WITH MURDERERS, DRUG DEALERS, ETC. HAVING A REPUTATION AS A “BUNCH OF SISSIES” WHO TONGUE OTHER MALES ON PUBLIC STREETS IS NOT HELPFUL.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

4. DannyEastVillage says

Mr Horton, I hope you’re in therapy. If you’re not, you need it. Bad. The stink of your self-hatred is perceptible even through my computer’s display.

5. Thomas Verni says

I appreciate all the support from everyone, and feel disappointed Mr. Horton is not among the overwhelming respondents of support but over the 21 years I have helped police NYC I have learned to ignore the haters because they are usually ignorant, uneducated, and misguided folks just looking for attention. All the name calling in the world will not change the fact that the NYPD is simply the finest law enforcement organization in the world, and while we have our occasional problems ( like everyone else ) I think you’d be hard pressed to find any consensus of us being widely branded as “sissies”. If so – who cares?…I don’t mind being protected by 34,000 sissies, and neither does the 8.5 – 12 million people we serve daily.

6. Lee CA says

This is beautiful. Congrats you two. Btw, Christopher Horton is a troll. We all ignore or make fun of him. He’s a resident troll on this site!

7. litper says

Who is a “sissy”. A man who is not afraid to show his love to the world? Or someone who is threatened by a simple kiss?