News: Sao Paulo, Tom Bianchi, Singapore, Kit Harington, Bill Clegg

RoadAmanda Bynes meltdown now includes 'faggot' slur.

RoadDepartment of Interior to livestream its LGBT Pride Month celebration.

RoadGay literary agent and author Bill Clegg marries his partner Van Allen Scott Jr.

Irish_groomsRoadIrish grooms prepare for their big day.

RoadHugh Jackman is popping out of his own body.

RoadGay rights group protests naming of Weber State University's new family center after senior Mormon apostlye Boyd Packer: "To name something that is family-oriented in honor of a person who has such a narrow vision of what a family is, a vision that quite frankly excludes a lot of Utah families, is reprehensible in my opinion," said Bob Henline, a board member of the Democratic caucus.

RoadMichael Douglas says oral sex caused his throat cancer.

RoadAmerican Humanist Association names Dan Savage its Humanist of the Year.

RoadPM David Cameron under renewed pressure over marriage equality: "In a letter to the Sunday Telegraph, the Conservative Grassroots group expressed a 'deep concern" about "the negative effect of the gay marriage Bill on both Conservative Party morale and electoral appeal.' The letter called on peers to reject the the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill, which arrives in the Lords on Monday for the start of what is expected to be a stormy passage through the upper chamber."

RoadJessica Chastain, Scarlett Johansson, Reese Witherspoon, and Amanda Seyfried under consideration to play Hillary Clinton in upcoming biopic.

RoadGame of Thrones Kit Harington looking sexy in Toronto.

RoadMale model fix: Thom Morell.

VwRoadHerbie the Love Ball? Artist twists VW bug into a sphere.

RoadTensions between the Somali and gay communities ignite in Minneapolis: "The political awakening of Minnesota's Somali community poses a conundrum for the DFL party. While Somali-Americans overwhelmingly vote Democratic, many appear to disagree with the party when it comes to gay rights. That tension was on display Sunday, as the party considered a dispute between a Somali city council candidate and the openly gay incumbent he's running against."

RoadIt's the first trailer for The Newsroom, Season 2.

RoadGay Pride draws one million people to Sao Paulo, Brazil: "Under rainy skies and cold that did not dampen many spirits, marchers waved banners like 'Never going back in the closet' in the financial and industrial hub of this majority Roman Catholic country of about 196 million."

RoadSenior Anglican: Gay marriage would force The Queen to break "the laws of God".

DyerRoadDanny Dyer is the new Doctor Who?

RoadAn interview with photographer Tom Bianchi on his new Fire Island Polaroids book.

RoadAs if Taco Bell wasn't disgusting enough.

RoadVICE: Weeklong, meth-fueled orgies ravaging London's gay sex-party scene. "The orgies—or 'slamming parties,' as they've been dubbed ("slamming" is a euphemism for "injecting")—are known to a small but rapidly expanding section of London's gay community. They are covertly organized over social networking sites like Grindr and Bareback Real Time."

RoadHIV structure cracked.

RoadGay culture finds more support in Singapore: "The growing number of companies who are coming out and supporting social movements like Pink Dot is humbling," says Paerin Choa, spokesperson for Pink Dot Sg. "Increasingly, corporate entities are recognising the importance of values like inclusiveness and diversity, not just in the creation of a good working environment for employees, but also as a gesture of goodwill to clients and customers."

Comments

1. Hugh Jackman is welcome to pop all over me.

Posted by: Mike in the tundra | Jun 3, 2013 3:59:02 PM

2. Re: Irish Grooms ;
    congratulations guys. There will be a constitutional amendment put to the people about expanding the definition of marriage, soon , I hope.
    then our real work will begin.

But seeing you two outside King John's Castle, Limerick and one of you from Camp, County Kerry, a most beautiful place, makes me hopeful and even a bit triumphant.
    This is a new world with very optimistic and bright warriors in it.
    You are both a joy to see and each of you have connections with my childhood places......and you remind me how far I am , and we all are, from the intimidation and the fear and the denigration of our growing up.
    Congratulations, be happy.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 3, 2013 3:59:14 PM

3. Nicely put Jack.

Posted by: JONES | Jun 3, 2013 4:07:31 PM

4. Taco Bell??? Never. When I want REAL Mexican food I go to my local authentic Mexican restaurant, thank you!

Posted by: Tom | Jun 3, 2013 4:10:19 PM

5. Good news on Danny Dyer.

Even better news for fans of large penises.

The new Doctor Who is very well hung.

(Google it...)

Posted by: JoshLondon | Jun 3, 2013 4:16:16 PM

6. Too bad it's a parody post, though.

He does love to pull it out and wag it around.

Posted by: JoshLondon | Jun 3, 2013 4:24:21 PM

7. "When I want REAL Mexican food I go to my local authentic Mexican restaurant, thank you!'

LOL! I'm sure that TexMex they serve you is delicious.

Posted by: ripper | Jun 3, 2013 4:40:44 PM

8. Michael Douglas is backing off of is statements today. I'ts not a far out theory. I suspect we will see a lot of this in the coming years.

Posted by: BearlyBob | Jun 3, 2013 5:13:56 PM

9. Chris Eccleston opened the portal of the TARDIS to a darker Doctor and that was great. David Tennant's tenure was fine, esp in tandem with the talented creative staff steering him wonderfully. I've not taken to Matt Smith in the role, cute and talented as he is. Danny Dyer WOULD bring something completely different to the character. That's what modern Whovians want--fresh meat and attitude.

Posted by: gregorybrown | Jun 3, 2013 5:50:27 PM

10. "When I want REAL Mexican food I go to my local authentic Mexican restaurant, thank you!'

Yeah, you're not eating authentic Mexican food. Doesn't mean that it's not tasty.

I don't understand why Taco Bell gets picked on. It's fast food. No more, no less.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 3, 2013 7:33:03 PM

11. Dang. They actually mapped the capsid structure of HIV? I thought everyone said that was impossible. Go science!

Posted by: Yeek | Jun 3, 2013 8:08:49 PM

12. To the guy licking tacos - you're doing it wrong...and put down that cat!

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jun 4, 2013 4:27:57 AM

13. No comments on the events in Minneapolis? Far more serious an event than the rest of the fluff that passes for news here. Pay attention, folks. Once Republicans realize that Muslims can be strong allies in turning back civil equality for LGBTQ people, they will be trolling such communities for votes to advance their reactionary, anti-gay agenda.

Michael Douglas has courage to admit that the HPV virus might be responsible for his throat cancer.

And, there will be NO sympathy for the idiots in London having week-long meth parties and whatever consequences are the results. What bothers me is that sh*t like that only gives fuel to our enemies. One has to ask, but did those stupid Brits not get the memo about meth?

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 4, 2013 11:37:43 AM