Justin Timberlake | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Justin Timberlake Wants to 'Take Back the Night': VIDEO

Timberlake

Justin Timberlake dropped a new dance track earlier today from the forthcoming second half of the 20/20 Experience.

TbtnRolling Stone reports:

2 of 2 features 11 songs plus a surprise track; The 20/20 Experience – The Complete Experience is also being released, which includes all 21 tracks from the Experience. Both releases are available from pre-order today.

"I originally recorded a massive amount of material and decided on the 20 tracks that I wanted on the album over a year ago," said Timberlake in a statement. "But, when I was mixing and going through all of the songs there were so many that I loved – I couldn't resist. . . . I had to throw in something extra on the 2nd half."

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Back_the_Night_%28protest%29

the documented "take back the night" in the US dates to 1975

googling "take back the night" now shows timberlake nonsense and one has to NOW add in "rape" to get the accurate take back the night listings

his PR people should have him do an anti-violence towards women PSA and change the name of the album

Posted by: Moz's | Jul 12, 2013 7:59:45 PM

2. Justin Timberlake is creepy and icky. What has he ever done for gay rights? Stop promoting him, Andy Towle.

Posted by: Adam | Jul 12, 2013 8:09:26 PM

3. Graverobbing MJackson's old style.

Posted by: Kev C | Jul 12, 2013 8:47:34 PM

4. JT is hot, as all pop starts must be.
    But this has surely been choreographed, as all Hollywood dance numbers are.
    I only wish I could bring back the dancers at the Trocadero in the 80's. You all would faint.

Posted by: Wilberforce | Jul 12, 2013 9:03:18 PM

5. JT is lame.

Posted by: Jay | Jul 12, 2013 9:26:45 PM

6. This is rather jarring -- I recall the "Take Back the Night" song used at "Take Back the Night" rallies (which I attended as a supportive male).

Take back the night
    Oh yes we're gonna fight
    To stop violence against women

Posted by: Dave | Jul 12, 2013 9:54:53 PM

7. I'm not sure what horrible search engines you guys are using, but both Bing and Google still list takebackthenight.org as the first result.

Perhaps you're confusing the "news" section for search results. Both those search engines place current news items related to searches at the top of the page. In a few days, all the Timberlake news items will be gone. In their place will be any more recent stories related to the search term, which most likely will be news items related to the organization.

It is a bad name for a song. But, it's hardly a calamity.

I bet that Mr. Timberlake doesn't know that the song title relates to anti-violence events. Ever Take Back the Night event I've ever heard about was connected to a college. Since he never went to college, it's conceivable that he has no knowledge of the organization. I wouldn't be so quick to condemn him...although, clearly the marketing and PR people at his record label failed miserably.

Posted by: alex | Jul 12, 2013 10:23:51 PM

8. I do like JT but this truly is an idiot title for a song. As someone mentioned above, this has been a popular rally cry for anti-violence against women protests. Considering JT's songs are not exactly empowering for women and all about screwing them, this is NOT a good title. I know record execs are idiotic but still - they should know better and so should JT

Posted by: tiko | Jul 12, 2013 11:42:24 PM

9. JT needs a little new-schooling; Macklemore is what's 'going on'. sad when an established artist with nothing to loose doesn't step up to the plate. only walks the talk to the bank.

Posted by: my2cents | Jul 13, 2013 1:04:32 AM

10. Great post and so interesting. Glad I stopped by, and continued good luck with the blog hop! TA-65 What a terrific sounding book - the water cycle is cool in and of itself and a book which teaches it in such a fun poetic way is mega-cool.

Posted by: TA-65 | Jul 13, 2013 2:35:28 AM

11. Bitchesss.

Posted by: Perooo | Jul 13, 2013 4:42:06 AM

12. U are bitches.

Posted by: Perooo | Jul 13, 2013 4:42:58 AM

13. Take back the night was the first salvo in the war against Men and Boys by hateful gender feminists...Way to go Justin!!!

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jul 13, 2013 11:25:46 PM